2023/24 Sean Dyche

He go them 7th once about 6yrs ago and relegated them twice. I don’t think anyone would disagree that he did a good job there. But once he gets us maybe mid table for a year or two, we should be looking for better..

I just don’t want to be at our new all singing all dancing stadium and watching us have 35% possession at home to the likes of palace, Fulham and Bournemouth
If the ownership of the club makes it possible for us to be more ambitious, Dyche will get his chance to meet those expectations. If the ownership of the club remains as dysfunctional as it currently is, many of us will be delighted to still be a top flight club at the new stadium and will positively welcome 35% possession if that keeps us top flight.

Any talk of "front-foot" football in the current environment reeks of Lampardism and is self indulgent. If the club makes it possible for the manager to buy better players, then we can demand better football. Right now, I'll take pragmatic winning football providing it keeps us afloat.

He go them 7th once about 6yrs ago and relegated them twice. I don’t think anyone would disagree that he did a good job there. But once he gets us maybe mid table for a year or two, we should be looking for better..

I just don’t want to be at our new all singing all dancing stadium and watching us have 35% possession at home to the likes of palace, Fulham and Bournemouth
You have to admit he had his hands tied behind his back at Burnley. Little money given to him despite losing his better players each season.

He then comes to Everton possibly even in a worse position. If he does get us mid-table for a couple of seasons then Everton should have stabilised and then Dyche may have some decent funds. When he has the funds then we can truly judge. Dyche would be in a unique position for once in his career so we will see if he has the skills or not as a manager with funds and without relegation pressure

You have to admit he had his hands tied behind his back at Burnley. Little money given to him despite losing his better players each season.

He then comes to Everton possibly even in a worse position. If he does get us mid-table for a couple of seasons then Everton should have stabilised and then Dyche may have some decent funds. When he has the funds then we can truly judge. Dyche would be in a unique position for once in his career so we will see if he has the skills or not as a manager with funds and without relegation pressure
Everton squad he inherited was better than any Burnley squad he had. No denying he and team know how to coach and man manage. And credit is due in bringing back DCL properly fit not early like previous two no mark's did. He is the right fit for Everton at this time.

If the ownership of the club makes it possible for us to be more ambitious, Dyche will get his chance to meet those expectations. If the ownership of the club remains as dysfunctional as it currently is, many of us will be delighted to still be a top flight club at the new stadium and will positively welcome 35% possession if that keeps us top flight.

Any talk of "front-foot" football in the current environment reeks of Lampardism and is self indulgent. If the club makes it possible for the manager to buy better players, then we can demand better football. Right now, I'll take pragmatic winning football providing it keeps us afloat.
Jesus you have very low ambitions. If these new owners with this new stadium, arguably one of the best around can’t improve our on and off field performances, then they will be chased out of town as well. We’ve been a top flight club for 70yrs we should never see it as a delight us staying in the prem

And when I say I don’t want to see us have 35% possession at home v fellow strugglers, don’t interrupt it as me saying I want us to play like city. Moyes was a negative defensive mananger, but we would still be ion the front foot v a lot of the mid/bottom sides in the premier league. And not sure what you’ve seen in 10yrs at Burnley and a year at Everton to think he will ever change his style. He will always go for hardwork over talent imo

Jesus you have very low ambitions. If these new owners with this new stadium, arguably one of the best around can’t improve our on and off field performances, then they will be chased out of town as well. We’ve been a top flight club for 70yrs we should never see it as a delight us staying in the prem

And when I say I don’t want to see us have 35% possession at home v fellow strugglers, don’t interrupt it as me saying I want us to play like city. Moyes was a negative defensive mananger, but we would still be ion the front foot v a lot of the mid/bottom sides in the premier league. And not sure what you’ve seen in 10yrs at Burnley and a year at Everton to think he will ever change his style. He will always go for hardwork over talent imo
The prospective new owners are carpet-baggers. They have transfer bans for not paying their debts at our prospective sister clubs. I won't mention the drug peddling conviction, but suffice to say you're dead right I have low expectations. We're in survival mode due to the past mismanagement of the club and the shysters who are coming in are hardly any better. When that changes, I'm all for attacking football. Until then, a pipe dream.

Moyes had about 2mil a year to spend in his 11yrs at Everton and got us top 8, 9 times. Look what potter and de zerbi did/doing at Brighton. You can play better football With limited resources. He never looked to change at Burnley in 10yrs and doubt he will at Everton, money or no money

Moyes had about 2mil a year to spend in his 11yrs at Everton and got us top 8, 9 times. Look what potter and de zerbi did/doing at Brighton. You can play better football With limited resources. He never looked to change at Burnley in 10yrs and doubt he will at Everton, money or no money
He hasn't been here for a year yet but saved us from relegation and currently would be comfortably mid-table. We are a much better team since he took over. Potter took quite a few seasons to get it right and de zerbi just continued. Moyes had the Rooney money and re-grouped the team as Dyche is doing.

I think Dyche is currently doing a good job and hopefully soon will have his restraints taken off to see what he can do.

He hasn't been here for a year yet but saved us from relegation and currently would be comfortably mid-table. We are a much better team since he took over. Potter took quite a few seasons to get it right and de zerbi just continued. Moyes had the Rooney money and re-grouped the team as Dyche is doing.

I think Dyche is currently doing a good job and hopefully soon will have his restraints taken off to see what he can do.
Dyche had more money at Burnley than Moyes did at us and Moyes was forced to sell his best players on a regular basis. And look at moyes’s team in his last 2/3yrs compared to his first 2/3. And that’s my point Burnley arguably got worse and the style never changed. Potter got what was seen by the media a very poor Brighton team playing better football straight away, it took him 2 seasons for it to show in the league.

Dyche had more money at Burnley than Moyes did at us and Moyes was forced to sell his best players on a regular basis. And look at moyes’s team in his last 2/3yrs compared to his first 2/3. And that’s my point Burnley arguably got worse and the style never changed. Potter got what was seen by the media a very poor Brighton team playing better football straight away, it took him 2 seasons for it to show in the league.
OK mate. Dyche was loaded

There was a sky 4 then, there’s now about ten billionaires/sky clubs to compete against
Look at moyes now, spends fairly big at West Ham but always mid table

But Potter then bombed out at Chelsea, whereas Dyche improved Everton massively in less than a year.

At this point in our history, survival in the division is THE number 1 priority. If Dyche gets us to mid table mediocrity on the basis of 35% possession and with virtually nowt to spend, then he'll have done a far better job than most would have imagined. He's created a style appropriate for our current standing, the results and our true league position, bear this out.

If 2-3 years down the line we're financially stable, and in a position to start buying some better players, then I am sure, as a manager with umpteen years managerial experience he will try to expand and devise a different style based on where we/he wants to be. Talk of 'he can't change his style of play' is lazy ars*d bo**ocks from people who simply didn't want him in the first place, imo like.

There was a sky 4 then, there’s now about ten billionaires/sky clubs to compete against
Look at moyes now, spends fairly big at West Ham but always mid table
They’ve finished 6th/7th/14th won a trophy. Now 6th, so hardly mid table. It’s a fair point about a top 4 at that time , but we still did better than teams spending money. Like spurs, Newcastle, Martin O’Neil at Villa spent a lot and we finished above them
Every season. And Moyes last 2 seasons we finished above Liverpool