2023/24 Sean Dyche

Lost count of the amount of none Everton fans I speak to who tell me he’s the right man for us, he will sort us out.

He may well do eventually but we look miles off from a hard to beat , good defensive side the average footy fan associates with him

It's criminal really and while some of Dyche's selections mystify me, the blame here lies fair and square on the recruitment department. Anybody could have watched us over the past 2 seasons and told you in pretty short order that we need a centre forward, not a super star, not a boss slotter, just a steady, competent premier league standard centre forward who can lead the line and get 10 or so goals a season. The amount of chances we created today, any journeyman centre forward would have filled his bootsl

Now if that is so glaringly obvious to the average man on the street, why haven't the masterminds who are running our recruitment done something about it? We had Calvert Lewin a couple of years ago and he was very rarely injured, on the occasions he was missing, we moved Richarlison inside, he was also more than capable of playing centre forward. Calvert Lewin is a perma crock these days and Richarlison has gone, so, in 2 years our remedy for this problem has been to spend £15 million on Maupay, who is no more a centre forward than I am and now £15 mill more on a teenager who Dyche seems to view as one for the future. Before any of that money was spent, we should have identified a competent centre forward with experience and signed him.

Over to you Kev, no hurry like.
Get Richy od Dyche trying?

This experiment is over.

Get rid.

Not expecting to go to villa and get a result, but expect to go to villa be organised and give it a good go.

Since Dyche took over defensively we’ve been terrible, which is the opposite of what I thought we’d be. There’s no game plan apart from stay in the game and hope to nick one off a deflection or something.

The football is dire.

How far we’ve fallen.. Kin Villa and I’m saying I don’t expect to get a result hurts just writing that.

Grim start to the season, not what we needed after the last 2. It is quite concerning that he fielded a side that has been utterly gash for quite a while. he will fall on his own sword if he continues with Keane. We need a CB and Branthwaite needs to start. The other 3 donkeys who are all error ridden can gtfo.

Grim start to the season, not what we needed after the last 2. It is quite concerning that he fielded a side that has been utterly gash for quite a while. he will fall on his own sword if he continues with Keane. We need a CB and Branthwaite needs to start. The other 3 donkeys who are all error ridden can gtfo.
The fact he stated “I could have taken the whole team off at half time” yet at half time, he made 1 sub.

If I was on the bench and heard that, I’d now be thinking, why bother? And for players like branthwaite, I’d be thinking, I could be guaranteed matches somewhere else and playing European football.

Sean’s got this. Extra fitness training this week, rounded off with a bleep test on Friday afternoon. That will address all the issues we saw yesterday.

It was touch and go for me if we should of said thanks for everything and parted ways in the summer and brought in a more progressive manager,
However the way he spoke after the last game made me want to give him a chance,
But if this continues then he’ll obviously have to go,
l know he hasn’t had the backing but he certainly hasn’t helped himself either,
It’s a terrifying thought that these people in charge have actually chose Benitez, Allardyce and Dyche to be managers.
That performance was one of the worst you’ll ever see and unless we miraculously sign a centre half this week Keane will start again.
I was hopeful of a non confrontational mid table season, but we’re already in the mire,
It’s been toxic for a while going the game but there isn’t one positive sign that it won’t get even worse in the coming months.

I never rated him, never wanted him here and I think all the talks of his fans about miracles and heroics he's done keeping us in the prem last season is bollocks.

Having said all that it would be pointless to sack him now, wouldn't it?

He did about as much as he could last season and was better than Lampard. But the reality is we stayed up on 36, which is not normal. We owe it to the other teams who somehow managed to be worse.

But the question is who on earth would want to come - and of those, is there anyone who could actually do a better job?

We’re absolutely terrible and seem to make ourselves worse each window.

We’re so focussed on our attacking ineptitude that it’s slipped under the radar that we’ve made our already bad defence even worse by losing our best CB and not replacing him.

We still don’t have a midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and control a game. Haven’t for a long, long time.

There are numerous holes to fill and we can’t fill them.

Last edited: