2023/24 Sean Dyche

Maupay should never had been on pitch for 2nd half KO … a change would have sent a message we were going for a win …. Maupay was never going to score today after those misses

….actually thought we were well set-up, lots of players in the top third especially on the break. That was encouraging but the problem continues to be our lack of quality around the penalty area and in front of goal.

Player selection can be criticised but the fact that we start our 2nd season without an effective and robust central striker is down to Thelwell.

i don’t mind what I see of Dyche.

We had a striker who cannot score

We carried no threat

Creating chances is irrelevant when you have no one who can shoot properly

How many shots actually “troubled” Leno?

Rather than him just standing still and the ball hitting him

Due to poor finishing...not due to lacking threat in creating attacking chances and opportunities. It's quite incredible to put the blame for our attack on Dyche. He quite clearly set up a team that created multiple chances which were very good.

Of course the board and the way the club is run are the greatest issues overall. However, in this particular thread we are discussing Dyche whose job is not to scrutinize the board but to find a way to beat crap sides like Fulham who are not much better than us. He has failed. Again.
Which would all be fine, but I notice your absence in the board thread...

You're barking up the wrong tree - but have at it.

Due to poor finishing...not due to lacking threat in creating attacking chances and opportunities. It's quite incredible to put the blame for our attack on Dyche. He quite clearly set up a team that created multiple chances which were very good.
We had 9 shots on target

Like I said in another post, reminded me of the Forest game last year and we never looked like scoring

Also, they’re a poor side

It's criminal really and while some of Dyche's selections mystify me, the blame here lies fair and square on the recruitment department. Anybody could have watched us over the past 2 seasons and told you in pretty short order that we need a centre forward, not a super star, not a boss slotter, just a steady, competent premier league standard centre forward who can lead the line and get 10 or so goals a season. The amount of chances we created today, any journeyman centre forward would have filled his bootsl

Now if that is so glaringly obvious to the average man on the street, why haven't the masterminds who are running our recruitment done something about it? We had Calvert Lewin a couple of years ago and he was very rarely injured, on the occasions he was missing, we moved Richarlison inside, he was also more than capable of playing centre forward. Calvert Lewin is a perma crock these days and Richarlison has gone, so, in 2 years our remedy for this problem has been to spend £15 million on Maupay, who is no more a centre forward than I am and now £15 mill more on a teenager who Dyche seems to view as one for the future. Before any of that money was spent, we should have identified a competent centre forward with experience and signed him.

Over to you Kev, no hurry like.