2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you have done instead with our options off the bench and the squad available? The way we played today was more than enough to get a result and the way to get a goal from minute 1 to 96.
We played a very poor team that stopped us dead once they made 2 subs.

He could have put Braithwaite on for Gueye and pushed the fullbacks further up the pitch

Put Cannon on with Danjuma up top, constricted the game through the middle of the pitch and look to build off second balls

He could have Danjuma and Iwobi close to Cannon, again to try and isolate one of their centre backs

There’s loads of things you can “try”

I've given up trying to work out what he means when talking about DCL. Maybe try being clearer now?

Just last week he was telling us he'd be honest with us and here we are guessing whether DCL is fit but needs games (as Dyche said on Thursday) or whether he's in some sort of rehab program still.
I don't mind given dcl all the time in the world to ensure that he is fit and ready...however, any further injuries quickly after his reintroduction and for me it's the end of dcl...surely can't come back from a third consecutive season with harmstring problems.

This is just ridiculous. He was for enough to play in a pre-season friendly last week but not for enough to even be on the bench today? Arrogant. Thinking that this ‘rehab programme’ is going to have him playing week in week out all season is just rubbish, the last 2 seasons have shown us that. When he’s fit, he has to play as it’s a matter of time before he famously ‘feels something’ and isn’t seen again for another 3 months. I refuse to believe he couldn’t manage the last 20 minutes off the bench after playing last week.

The point is, this has got to stop.

If DCL is not physically reliable then can we just buy new forward to replace him please? No if's or but's. Just replace him. DCL can be a bonus or someone we can sell but now we need start putting EFC first and have some strikers that can score some goals. It's not FKN rocket science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the is club playing at? How long do we have to put up with not having a centre forward ?

Ive quoted myself above eggs to show we both think hes set teams up well.

Not much else....poor player selections, what seem to be pre arranged subs and no tactical changes when needed.

Its almost like hes picking players to show fans he knows best -- and it almost always backfires.

He needs to learn...and fast.
this really concerns me. Thelwell talks about ‘pathways’ and we started with Keane over Branthwaite. It’s a matter of time before Keane has a brain fart and costs us a goal and valuable points.
Maupay has been a disastrous signing but he gets a start over a keen youngster like Cannon or Dobbin.

I am going to reserve judgement until the time comes that he has options on the bench. A young championship striker in Cannon and a wide forward in Dobbin that struggled for league one starts are not good options. Danjuma was recovering from a niggle

I think its black and white on a couple:

1: Is Branthwaite not fully ready to start after being with England u21s -- Garner was. So drop Keane and play Branthwaite.

2: Both Maupay and Cannon scored in the championship. Maupay cant score in the premier league...so play Cannon

3: Onana played some great balls today and linked well with Garner on the right. Hes next to Gana and behind Doucoure...neither can pass. Garner must be central with Onana.

To me these 3 are clear and obvious

Yeah, I won't be emotionally investing in a "survival" bid this year when the club refuses to reform. We're really not equipped for this level, so when the inevitable battle ensues I'm distancing myself. The scapegoating has already started with the manager when the issue is in the boardroom - but people refuse to accept the fact that everything stems from there. The club gets what it deserves.
Perfect summary mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back