2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its black and white on a couple:

1: Is Branthwaite not fully ready to start after being with England u21s -- Garner was. So drop Keane and play Branthwaite.

2: Both Maupay and Cannon scored in the championship. Maupay cant score in the premier league...so play Cannon

3: Onana played some great balls today and linked well with Garner on the right. Hes next to Gana and behind Doucoure...neither can pass. Garner must be central with Onana.

To me these 3 are clear and obvious
Both 1 and 2 are border line but the fact that he opted for Keane and Maupay is damaging for our ability to recruit younger players going forwards. Player representatives take note of those things. However, overall I still think Dyche is the right man for where the club is. How are we meant to move forward when we are investing less than the clubs above us. It u it s going to be 3 from us, Wolves, Luton and Sheffield United I reckon

1: Didnt say he was. I said he was with them.

2: Garner is a central midfielder and Patterson has had his first real poor game but look at what he was doing -- the positioning -- was coming inside all the time to make a 3rd CB....could be poor tactics.

Gana was not close to being effective and Garner who i love was out of position defensively multiple times...he also was ineffective alot of the first half hugging the touchline against a rapid full back.

If Doucoure is benched for Gnonto and Onana + Garner are also central we have 3 players who can drive forward and make effective passes.

Currently we have Onana with 2 who cant pass well in Doucoure and Gana...restricts the midfield.
Im sorry but Gana was playing midfield on his own today and he was great.

I really dont wish to comment any further.

This is my worry. Kevin 'pathways' Thelwell and Dyche appear to be on different pages. Dyche played Keane last season despite him costing us goals and points, yet brings him straight back in after Coady and Mina have gone. Where's Branthwaite's pathway? It should be 'Look son, we think you've got great potential. We're going to play you every week in the Premier League, alongside experiences pro's in Tarkowski and Young. You might make some mistakes, but we believe in you and we'll discuss a new improved contract with you before Christmas. You are part of the spine of the team this season.'
Instead, he's been benched having played well in his preseason games and had a brilliant season in Holland, winning a trophy and winning lots pf plaudits. What must he be thinking tonight? When Man U or Spurs come sniffing he will rightly say he wants to go. What's the incentive to stay at Everton in a relegation battle when the manager doesn't trust you over calamity Keane? Thelwell's throwaway phrases about pathways and 120 point plans need to be backed up with some actions. Now.

To add to this, refusing to pair Onana with another player who can pass and drive with the ball in Garner is really annoying me now.

Gana restricts Onana so much and really hampers the midfield.

Yo
I think he will always have one hand tied behind his back if Iwobi, Maupay and Keane play significant parts of the season.

I'm a big fan but if we somehow add Gnonto, Beto then if be ringing up Potter or Lopetegui to see if they fancy it.
I worry Dyche will not be able to utilise the likes of DCL, Gnonto, Beto,, Danjuma, Chermiti.
Mad take this

He got that team today creating chances, more than i've seen in a while, I think he'll do fine with players who are actually a improvement. He's utilised DCL fine when he's been in the team and we look much much better when he is!.

Calling for Lopetegui who's just walked out cos of lack of funds, would stay clear of him!

His post match interview was actually great. I feel better about him than I maybe ever have.

Just gotta keep Iwobi off the right now.

You didnt even watch the game did you?

I did thanks and i find it peculiar how you seem to have missed the play of Onana 1st half driving forward, tackling...turning and hacked down and playing tasty forward passes.

To think Gana upstaged him is bizarre and illogical.

He has to start showing what he is about, as that Fulham team are awful and we simply never looked like scoring all pre season all last season, yes it's not having a striker doesn't help but playing the same pathetic players also doesn't help either.

Gray where is he? The whole thing is very tiresome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back