2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ, what did he say to impress you?
The way he described how we played and the way he seemed to understand that it’s what we need to be doing but also acknowledging that the finishing is something we have to work on still.

Also was talking about playing in the right areas and decision making in good positions needing to improve. It’s just all stuff I believe in and I’m just glad to see that’s where his head is at.

He has to start showing what he is about, as that Fulham team are awful and we simply never looked like scoring all pre season all last season, yes it's not having a striker doesn't help but playing the same pathetic players also doesn't help either.

Gray where is he? The whole thing is very tiresome

He set up how he does, solid, but he puts in players who have repeatedly shown they are either not good enough or have a match losing mistake in them, and sure enough those players let him down, but he doesn't sub them because it means he's wrong and he can't have that.

The way he described how we played and the way he seemed to understand that it’s what we need to be doing but also acknowledging that the finishing is something we have to work on still.

Also was talking about playing in the right areas and decision making in good positions needing to improve. It’s just all stuff I believe in and I’m just glad to see that’s where his head is at.
Fair enough, I will never watch a post manager interview, its mostly utter crap.

It’s maybe the first time it hasn’t been!

Somebody I follow on Twitter retweeted it saying it was good so that’s the only reason I even bothered.
I thought he was unlucky today, another day and we go in at HT 3-0 up.

I thought we were awful 2nd half and subs needed making quicker than he did, but you wont find me giving him pelters for today.

I thought he was unlucky today, another day and we go in at HT 3-0 up.

I thought we were awful 2nd half and subs needed making quicker than he did, but you wont find me giving him pelters for today.
We still had a massive sitter in the second half!

Honestly we’re better off going how the first half did. Maybe a little more of the ball would be ideal but when we get moving into attack quick we’re a real threat and we stay more compact. Having more of the ball in the second half gets us opened up more but without much benefit in attack, at least right now.

It’s hard to complain though when the right side was pretty much crap without any way to fix it (this is not an indictment of Garner btw) and Maupay had a stinker. Not much he can do.

Just back from the game: Poor team selection cost us yet again (Maupay and Keane).

The players don't need to "work on their finishing", Dyche needs to play an actual striker.

Also, does he not realise that when players are exhausted and on their knees (Doucoure) he is allowed to put a substitiute on?

He set up how he does, solid, but he puts in players who have repeatedly shown they are either not good enough or have a match losing mistake in them, and sure enough those players let him down, but he doesn't sub them because it means he's wrong and he can't have that.

Absolutely spot on.

Could become a good manager if he could judge a player and not play some out of position.

Just back from the game: Poor team selection cost us yet again (Maupay and Keane).

The players don't need to "work on their finishing", Dyche needs to play an actual striker.

Also, does he not realise that when players are exhausted and on their knees (Doucoure) he is allowed to put a substitiute on?

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back