2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham got one of the cheesiest goals you will ever score. He needs to make sure we don’t switch off like that again. After stoppages like that it’s safety first. We were not prepared.

Maupay is the worst finisher I have ever seen in a blue shirt and I have been following them for over 50 years

Barlow was my pick...this kid though i think were wrong about.

I think Maupay is a world class finisher. Someone just needs to tell him not to aim at the keeper or past the far post.

The way I see it if is you get one of these games where nothing goes your way after dominating, it’s on the players. If this becomes a regular occurrence, it’s on the manager. He doesn’t have them prepared if that’s the case. Allardyce could get his side one shot in 90 minutes and they would finish that one chance. We need to become more clinical. The work rate and buildup was there. We even had some great headed opportunities. Finishing has to be an emphasis in training this week.

The way I see it if is you get one of these games where nothing goes your way after dominating, it’s on the players. If this becomes a regular occurrence, it’s on the manager. He doesn’t have them prepared if that’s the case. Allardyce could get his side one shot in 90 minutes and they would finish that one chance. We need to become more clinical. The work rate and buildup was there. We even had some great headed opportunities. Finishing has to be an emphasis in training this week.
You’re not going to improve Maupay in training. We need a new CF and new cover for the new CF. That’s the only way we’ll be finishing off these chances.

How I'm feeling about the new season at this moment.
If we haven't got into double figures before we get thrown under the FFP bus in October.
There's a storm coming....

tormenta-storm.gif

Just back from the game: Poor team selection cost us yet again (Maupay and Keane).

The players don't need to "work on their finishing", Dyche needs to play an actual striker.

Also, does he not realise that when players are exhausted and on their knees (Doucoure) he is allowed to put a substitiute on?
What actual striker have we got though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back