2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
same rubbish from another evertin manager. at goodison u gotta grab the game by the balls. in this case get maupay off much earlier. Time and time sgain we get caught missing chances only to be punished late in the game. its like no manager has watched us prior to joining. year after year

If he thinks Tom Cannon is worse then Maupay then why would we loan someone that bad and not sell them

You cannot tell me Cannon will do worse than what we've seen from Maupay. The lack of conviction in front of goal is remarkable

Or even Simms.

Thelwell talks all this guff about sending youth players out on loan and getting them good playing time but then they recalled Simms, didn't use him and then sold him in the summer.

There is absolutely no way he is a worse option than Maupay, especially when one of, well our main way of getting the ball up the pitch is long balls into the striker.

You don't need to be an Pro License professional football coach to know that lumping long balls from Pickford or crosses into 5' 7" Neal Maupay isn't going to get you anything.

I bet if dyche went to thelwell and moshers and says I'm leaving unless you get me players I need to compete - they'll show him the door

No matter how gash the team is there's a full stadium

Until relegation/empty stadium no one will listen

It's like a restaurant serving gut wrenching food but people keep turning up

Everton that....

Can't blame Dyche for today - we had enough chances to win the game and Patterson's strike was going in on another day.

Felt like one of those days unfortunately - special mention to that corrupt ref chalking a perfectly good gol off. Funny how they pick and choose when to let play continue as last season that was the official rule.

If he thinks Tom Cannon is worse then Maupay then why would we loan someone that bad and not sell them

You cannot tell me Cannon will do worse than what we've seen from Maupay. The lack of conviction in front of goal is remarkable
They won’t let cannon on loan to Preston till we sign a couple of strikers…but then when we desperately need a goal and a bit of a threat up top he doesn’t get five minutes anyway .

Just send him on loan and put Lonergan in there for all the use it’ll do.

same rubbish from another evertin manager. at goodison u gotta grab the game by the balls. in this case get maupay off much earlier. Time and time sgain we get caught missing chances only to be punished late in the game. its like no manager has watched us prior to joining. year after year

…..as far as I’m concerned, posters are totally missing the point here.

Play Maupay and we see the chances he missed today. Play Cannon and we saw the chances he missed in pre-season. Play Dobbin and we saw the chances he missed in pre-season. Play Danjuma and we saw what he did when in on goal today (albeit given offside).

We can play merry-go-round with the selections, we can criticise Dyche for not picking one over the other or substituting one for the other but the bottom line here is that none of them should’ve been an option. None of them are effective central strikers.

The problem is, we haven’t brought in an effective central striker. It’s nothing to do with Maupay, Cannon, Danjuma or Dobbin. It’s about who Thelwell has failed to acquire.

Play Maupay and we see the chances he missed today. Play Cannon and we saw the chances he missed in pre-season. Play Dobbin and we saw the chances he missed in pre-season. Play Danjuma and we saw what he did when in on goal today (albeit given offside).

We can play merry-go-round with the selections, we can criticise Dyche for not picking one over the other or substituting one for the other but the bottom line here is that none of them should’ve been an option. None of them are effective central strikers.

The problem is, we haven’t brought in an effective central striker. It’s nothing to do with Maupay, Cannon, Danjuma or Dobbin. It’s about who Thelwell has failed to acquire.
There is no guarantee that they come in and score though. We need to be pushing forward numbers alot more than we do and we need to be in the final 3rd of the pitch way more than at the moment and making far far more chances and by law of averages they will start going in. I'm 100% sure that at the moment not even the likes of Luton are worried about playing against us as we offer no threat whatsoever. I know we have crap players but it's a crap system aswell which doesn't help.

We created enough chances and looked the better team, an effective striker gets two goals today and it’s comfortable.

We’ve needed a striker for two years, the handling of this has been an absolute mess and it’s complete incompetency which has resulted in us having two relegation battles.

Today, I don’t think Dyche could of done more with what he’s got available

Can't blame Dyche for today - we had enough chances to win the game and Patterson's strike was going in on another day.

Felt like one of those days unfortunately - special mention to that corrupt ref chalking a perfectly good gol off. Funny how they pick and choose when to let play continue as last season that was the official rule.

Dyche selected a striker who hasn’t scored for over a year.

Criminal that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back