2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that would have done anything but conserve a 1-0 defeat. There was nothing wrong with how we were set up. We moan that Dyche is a defensive minded manager yet today when we made far more chances than the opposition and those chances were throughout the whole game and not constricted to 10 minutes at the start or whatever we moan again. It's clear that people have an agenda against whoever the manager is if we lose. Dyche isn't and wasn't my first choice but to throw blame at him for todays result is daft and loses track of the real issues at the club which are the board and the lack of quality of our players in certain areas of the squad.
Well thinking and trying are what separates the good managers from the pack

Stick with what you know hopefully it’ll work out

It wasn’t just Maupay. It was Patterson, Doucore and Danjuma as well. Maupay did fine and got into great positions. It’s a collective effort and we blew it.
That’s true, and only Danjuma offers any promise of getting better, but it wouldn’t have taken much more talent to put away that first sitter Maupay missed.

We do need goals from elsewhere though. McNeil’s absence didn’t help today.

To be fair to Maupay here he did a lot of running and pressing. Also that close range shot the keeper saved with his chest was a nightmare of a chance, way harder than people think. The shot he fired narrowly wide early on would have been classed as a great effort had it been calvert lewin. The 3rd miss was bad and should have been tucked away by anyone classed as a striker.

To be fair to Maupay here he did a lot of running and pressing. Also that close range shot the keeper saved with his chest was a nightmare of a chance, way harder than people think. The shot he fired narrowly wide early on would have been classed as a great effort had it been calvert lewin. The 3rd miss was bad and should have been tucked away by anyone classed as a striker.
And kicked everything straight at the keeper, just a toe punter

If he thinks Tom Cannon is worse then Maupay then why would we loan someone that bad and not sell them

You cannot tell me Cannon will do worse than what we've seen from Maupay. The lack of conviction in front of goal is remarkable
I think he might be, I think maupay would do well in championship, cannon hasn't shown anything in pre season

Villa next game? We will have no problem exploiting their ridiculous amateur high line if we play with pacy foward.

Sticking with slow and ineffective maupet against Villa will be a stupid decision I expect no decent manager will even consider.

Yes he did do a lot of running, but the rest…nah. Should have had quite an easy hat trick today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back