2023/24 Sean Dyche

Some of you just need to say you hate having a manager like Sean Dyche in charge rather than hide behind notorious whinger Demarai Gray throwing his toys out the pram - at his third straight club - after not turning up for training for 3 days thinking he's going to Fulham.

I hate having Sean Dyche as manager. I think he’s a rubbish manager and will relegate us.

That feels better, thank you for encouraging me to get that off my chest mate.

Same bunch of loser players who've stank the place out for every manager yet every metric has us going in the right direction on the pitch.

Who'd you get in charge to play beautiful, fluid football when Patterson can't play a 5-yard pass to the man in front or Gana gives it away cheaply under no pressure? Who'd you get in charge when the club can't rub two pennies together and is selling every player they can without reinvesting in the squad? Lampard stunk the gaff out worse and longer before anyone turned all because he's got a bit of prestige to his name.

We're among the worst fans in the country. Fans are chomping at the bit to turn on another manager despite the owner and board killing the club in front of our eyes.

United fans every week protest their owners despite the money they spend, ours put their tails between their legs because 'Chairman Bill' told them to.
We have an almost entirely different first team to three years ago. It's not the same players. I'm not denying that our recruitment has been dreadful but it's disingenuous to suggest that the managers haven't been involved in those recruitment decisions.

Nah, not having the excuses made for him. Over 38 games and we're on a hiding to nothing, striker or not. Even without a big man to hoof to we've allegedly been unlucky, but statistically we've been unlucky to not concede more at the same time. Even in the 1-5 last season Brighton had better xG (and other stats) than us lol That's poor management and team organisation, that's nothing about having a striker.

It also shows us that he's won 6 in 23. Over 38 games = easy relegation. In fact, funnily enough, we were on that exact same route last year lol

The dude is managing the skip fire by pouring fresh gasoline into it and wondering why it's not extinguishing mate. Unless we go on an absolutely miraculous 10 game winning run he'll finish the season/year/his tenure by being either statistically worse or as bad as Frank Lampard at this rate. The most hated manager we've had not named Rafael.

As much as I hate the phrase - anyone can do it if they've got the best players. He got hired to get the best out of limited players and funds (as is his reputation) and he's doing a bad job at it.
He was also touted as defensive minded, which I can't say is true based on the fact we're leaking goals (and before the excuses come in - 2 out of our 3 defenders are his old players, he knows them, he knows how they play; he let the rest go lol ).

E: Our full backs have been fit, bar 1, for a long time now. Tactically he has no idea how to use a full back if his life depended on it, unless it's a flat 4.

The having is irrelevant a chara, as a mere contributor rather then the protaginset of the debate, that need is not one that needs to be sated! lol

I don't understand what you are saying in the first paragraph here, "over 38 games" we are on a hiding to nothing - with a striker....how do you know this. Its opinion not fact. Brighton had a higher XG - great - thats not reality.

6 wins in 23 is 18 points, without a centre forward - in 23 - how many in the 23 are draws on average within that - that has comfortably us safe - thanks for providing that stat.

The managing of the skip fire is systemic, part of the systemic disfunction of the club and specifically the footballing dept has been a lack of consistency, coherence, long term development and sustainability of the management team - a new manager every six months, a new investment made, some players are winners some are losers, the whol cycle begins again - all the time incrementally dropping lower and lower - that is the true gasoline on the skip fire and this is what you are suggesting in the progressive step. Definitely not, its stupid continuing doing what has gotten us here.

The dude was hired to get the to get the best out of limited players and funds - mission accomplished if we look around we are premier league team kept up somehow by a manager with no centre forward for his run and in the end no full backs - for my money we were the worst team to ever stay up and only did so because of the manager doing exactly - getting the best out of limited players and funds. Transforming the worst team ever to stay up, is a process not event - weve started the season with injury crisis and in his first game and half of having a fit Centre forward we have gotten two results. We and he have more pieces of the puzzle to come back and improve.

Ultimately you are trying to predict the future here - he has already succeeded is what many (if i remember correctly) thought was a lost cause when he came in - he for the first time this week got a centre forward and we have more players to come.

Lets be honest from day 1 you werent a fan so without any objective evidence your mind is made up - there's no point making stats now to predict the future, own the opinion, its not objective as you were against before he took one game - but thats fine - you arent a fan. When things arent going well you'l stick the boot in - but there is plenty of context to what's going on and a lot of evidence of what you wish isn't in the best interests of the club - its how we got here. The skipfire has been buring for a while, if only changing the manager would discernably change that - i think we are the perfect of example of how changing managers repeatedly leads us to pass, lets not repeat the same mistake.

Last edited:
How many of the Dyche haters, hated every other manger in the last 20 years.

The Moyes isn’t good enough etc.

Is it possible to have a thread for the whiners. As every club looks at our club and laughs. Not just because of the board. But our own fans readiness to find any excuse not to support any individual within the club. Whether that players or managers.

The having is irrelevant a chara, as a mere contributor rather then the protaginset of the debate, that need is not one that needs to be sated! lol

I don't understand what you are saying in the first paragraph here, "over 38 games" we are on a hiding to nothing - with a striker....how do you know this. Its opinion not fact. Brighton had a higher XG - great - thats not reality.

6 wins is 18 points, without a centre forward - in 23 - how many in the 23 are draws on average within that - that has comfortably us safe - thanks for providing that stat.

The managing of the skip fire is systemic, part of the systemic disfunction of the club and specifically the footballing dept has been a lack of consistency, coherence, long term devilment and sustainability of the management team - a new manager every six months, a new investment made, some players are winners some are losers - all them time incrementally dropping lower and lower - that is the true gasoline on the skip fire and this is what you are suggesting in the progressive step. Definitely not, its stupid continuing doing what has gotten us here.

The dude was hired to get the to get the best out of limited players and funds - mission accomplished if we look around we are premier league team kept up somehow by a manager with no centre forward for his run and in the end no full backs - for my money we were the worst team to ever stay up and only did so because of the manager doing exactly - getting the best out of limited players and funds. Transforming the worst team ever to stay up, is a process not event - weve started the season with injury crisis and in his first game and half of having a fit Centre forward we have gotten two results. We and he have more pieces of the puzzle to come back and improve.

Ultimately you are trying to predict the future here - he has already succeeded is what many (if i remember correctly) thought was a lost cause when he came in - he for the first time this week got a centre forward and we have more players to come.

Lets be honest from day 1 you werent a fan so without any objective evidence your mind as made up - there's no point making stats now to predict the future, own the opinion, its not objective as you were against before he took one game - but thats fine - you arent a fan. When things arent going well you'l stick the boot in - but there is plenty of context to what's going on and a lot of evidence of what you wish isn't in the best interests of the club - its how we got here. The skipfire has been buring for a while, if only changing the manager would discernably change that - i think we are the perfect of example of how changing managers repeatedly leads us to pass, lets not repeat the same mistake.
How the hell did you find the time to type all that? No one is gonna read it mate 😂

6 wins in 23 is 18 points, without a centre forward - in 23 - how many in the 23 are draws on average within that - that has comfortably us safe - thanks for providing that stat.

The managing of the skip fire is systemic, part of the systemic disfunction of the club and specifically the footballing dept has been a lack of consistency, coherence, long term devilment and sustainability of the management team - a new manager every six months, a new investment made, some players are winners some are losers - all them time incrementally dropping lower and lower - that is the true gasoline on the skip fire and this is what you are suggesting in the progressive step. Definitely not, its stupid continuing doing what has gotten us here.

Lets be honest from day 1 you werent a fan so without any objective evidence your mind as made up - there's no point making stats now to predict the future, own the opinion, its not objective as you were against before he took one game - but thats fine - you arent a fan. When things arent going well you'l stick the boot in - but there is plenty of context to what's going on and a lot of evidence of what you wish isn't in the best interests of the club - its how we got here. The skipfire has been buring for a while, if only changing the manager would discernably change that - i think we are the perfect of example of how changing managers repeatedly leads us to pass, lets not repeat the same mistake.
Hang on, according to you Dyche is a good, effective manager, Thelwell did a good job with recruitment and so we therefore must have some good players. How is it a "skipfire" if everyone involved in the playing side is doing well?

His name makes songs difficult like, closest I can find a rhyme to is 'reich' and that takes some pronouncing to make fit. The overall message is even more difficult again.

T'is never easy being an Everton blue...

I hate having Sean Dyche as manager. I think he’s a rubbish manager and will relegate us.

That feels better, thank you for encouraging me to get that off my chest mate.

And you'll absolve 'Chairman Bill' and Moshiri because you've been told not to have banners with "Grant and Sharpy's" name on them by 'the biggest blue of them all'.

Hang on, according to you Dyche is a good, effective manager, Thelwell did a good job with recruitment and so we therefore must have some good players. How is it a "skipfire" if everyone involved in the playing side is doing well?
So what manager should we have?

Easy to say he is crap, but follow it up with a better suggestion. Otherwise you just look silly.