2023/24 Sean Dyche

I remember a few years ago when I actually gave a hoot about the sport and listened to talksport they were all incredulous that he wasn’t being considered for specifically the Arsenal job and broadly, bigger jobs than Burnley because they perceived him as some kind of sleeper agent super manager.

The fact is football is incredibly binary and people don’t change.

The reason why nobody bigger than Burnley touched him is because he’s terrible. Always has been always will be.

These days, most of Fatty Koeman's energies are expended on identifying the logistics agent who mislabeled the jandal shipment destined for Fatty's daughter's beach wedding in Bali. In the absence of said 'beach-type' footwear, the bridal party and congregation had to resort to their wooden clogs...the wedding photos all looked terrible apparently.
He was our horseman of the apocalypse, and we welcomed and celebrated him.

Kill Everton NOW.

I am just interested to see if they have learned from the Lampard mess and not hold on for too long.
This feels very different to the last days of Lampard to me, and even different to the October/November when we were getting dominated by Southampton, Fulham, Leicester and Bournemouth. We did get four points against Southampton and Fulham but on the park it was just wave after wave of last ditch defending against all of those sides and barely a shot in anger ourselves. (Admittedly we had a great win v Palace amongst it all).

Now when we're playing the mid table sides we are looking much stronger all over the pitch. The evidence is there, right in front of us. The Arsenal game is not the baromenter, it's the matches against the mid table teams.

This feels very different to the last days of Lampard to me, and even different to the October/November when we were getting dominated by Southampton, Fulham, Leicester and Bournemouth. We did get four points against Southampton and Fulham but on the park it was just wave after wave of last ditch defending against all of those sides and barely a shot in anger ourselves. (Admittedly we had a great win v Palace amongst it all).

Now when we're playing the mid table sides we are looking much stronger all over the pitch. The evidence is there, right in front of us. The Arsenal game is not the baromenter, it's the matches against the mid table teams.

No we are not whatsoever, what are you on about? The only mid table side we’ve played is Fulham so far anyway, we lost to a bottom 5 side in Wolves and were a Pickford wonder save away from losing to Sheffield United. We’ve kept no clean sheets this season. We scraped past the team bottom of League 2 and got completely played off the park for an entire half of football. Villa are a little bit above a mid table side and they absolutely wiped the floor with us. We are where we deserve to be in the table. Let’s try and compete with the teams in and around us in the table first before we look at the mid table sides shall we.

While I do agree we have looked better in the games this season, performances mean diddle.

Only thing that matters is points on the board, and we have non, no point looking stronger if can't transfer that into wins.

The issue for me is at the moment there is a clear issue with the way we are playing and/or want to play.

You have a midfield not able to pass press or tackle, who are wanting the ball played short, you have the manager who tells Pickford and Tarkowski to hit the corners and the forward who doesn't have a player in 20 yards of him.

I don't care for performances at the moment if am honest id rather have 18% possession and win some games.

Yes let’s see how the team shapes up from now on, I don’t think any manager can get us above the half way line or even close to it with this threadbare squad but I think Sean Dyche can keep us up and let’s be honest that would be a success the way we have been left in this position after years of neglect by those who have been in charge of Everton FC. It’s definitely not where want to be and we deserve better after years of slow decline but beggars can’t be choosers, and at the moment it is still “ Hope for the best but prepare for the worst”

Already in 5 games he’s broken a club record by having us pointless and goalless after 3 games and shares the worst start to a season after 5 with the only manager to have a worst win percentage than him (Mike Walker). In a weeks time we could be looking at 5 defeats in 6 after Brentford and beaten by Villa for the second time this season to exit the League Cup

I'll ask it again. When he goes and the players still walk around, uninterested and refusing to move into space/pass 5 yards. THEN can we FINALLY look at the players and begin to question their commitment?

They're getting away with murder and still some refuse to blame them (apart from Keane...grrr bloody Keane!!)

I'll ask it again. When he goes and the players still walk around, uninterested and refusing to move into space/pass 5 yards. THEN can we FINALLY look at the players and begin to question their commitment?

They're getting away with murder and still some refuse to blame them (apart from Keane...grrr bloody Keane!!)
Which players are you referring to though? We have heard various suggestions over recent years of a toxic dressing room so who are these rotten eggs? who are these non commited ones? or do you think it's more likely they are just a bit confused at what Dyche is asking them to do as they know it's not really working. Hence the latter part of the Doncaster game where they took it upon themselves to go and win the game and ignore his calls to lump the ball upfield.

We don’t do this already or something?

I remember a few years ago when I actually gave a hoot about the sport and listened to talksport they were all incredulous that he wasn’t being considered for specifically the Arsenal job and broadly, bigger jobs than Burnley because they perceived him as some kind of sleeper agent super manager.

The fact is football is incredibly binary and people don’t change.

The reason why nobody bigger than Burnley touched him is because he’s terrible. Always has been always will be.
I seen today, with the rumours of potter, that we wouldn’t give him time as a fan base, which I disagree.
I think the majority fans realise where we’re and what the next few years will look like. I’d rather have a potter building something the right way and trying to actually build a football team,
Than dyche who will never ever change his style and philosophy which is outdated and long term gets us nowhere.