2023/24 Sean Dyche

And what chances created meant we should of been out of sight?
I didnt mention chances, there is a difference.

I don't mean we missed loads of sitters or anything. We get in the final third and our final ball is poor or our choice of pass or shot is wrong. We have done this for years, we are not clinical at all. Same as against Fulham and Wolves, even Sheffield United to an extent. If we keep fluffing our lines then eventually the opponent will start to grow in confidence and punish us for it, which they all did do. None of these teams set up with a perfect plan to stifle us, we stifle ourselves.

I keep hearing about these great chances to score! I don't know which chances these were
This is the thing, we didn’t have great chances, we had decent approach play and tried some pot shots.

Off the top of my head first half we had:
1. Cracking volley from McNeil just wide
2. Decent left foot curler just wide my Garner
3. Decent right foot curler just wide by Onana
4. Awful shot outside the box by Gana
Those 4 are all like half chances even if the first three were good efforts, it’s not like we were creating sitters
5. Header onto the bar from Garner - good chance
6. Some shots in a scramble that lead to a goal

So apart from the goal and hitting the bar there were no good chances missed and even the time Garner hit the bar I thought he rose better than I expected and was more unlucky than a miss

All xG is telling us is that we’re shooting a lot, not that we’re creating a lot of good chances

Why do we always defend corners with 11 men, if we left one man on the halfway line it would give us an outlet if we won the ball, it would also make the opposition not able to put so many men in our box.

Oh mate this massively grinds on me, every corner we just put ourselves back under pressure, constantly. Amount of goals we conceded after a corner from not being able to get the ball is unreal

Why do we always defend corners with 11 men, if we left one man on the halfway line it would give us an outlet if we won the ball, it would also make the opposition not able to put so many men in our box.

This transcends managers at Everton. Every single manager we’ve ever had does it, even Martinez did, I can’t for the life of me work out why.

But it doesn't work.

No. Nooo. Its tried and tested over his manager career. He said it yest. Along with everything else is someone else's fault.
I wish i hadnt watched that press conference yesterday now as he came over as he's perfect and nobody is listening to his tactics and game plan. The "best XG in 8 years" was the real pisstake. He said it genuinely like it was a great achievement.
I dont want him sacked. But lose again tomorrow to a winless team at Goodison and take your XG sh!te and fck off.

Want to give him time, but the results, particularly at home, have been poor.

Hopefully the new owners already have a list of potential replacements, and if things haven’t improved drastically by the time they have their feet under the table, he can be punted with someone ready to step in.

This is the thing, we didn’t have great chances, we had decent approach play and tried some pot shots.

Off the top of my head first half we had:
1. Cracking volley from McNeil just wide
2. Decent left foot curler just wide my Garner
3. Decent right foot curler just wide by Onana
4. Awful shot outside the box by Gana
Those 4 are all like half chances even if the first three were good efforts, it’s not like we were creating sitters
5. Header onto the bar from Garner - good chance
6. Some shots in a scramble that lead to a goal

So apart from the goal and hitting the bar there were no good chances missed and even the time Garner hit the bar I thought he rose better than I expected and was more unlucky than a miss

All xG is telling us is that we’re shooting a lot, not that we’re creating a lot of good chances

Had one cleared off the line the at the end of the first half that would have made it 2-2 as well.

We were unlucky in the first half. The second half, however, garbage.

Had one cleared off the line the at the end of the first half that would have made it 2-2 as well.

We were unlucky in the first half. The second half, however, garbage.
I think we played good football going forward in the first half, similar to Fulham and Wolves at home but the set piece marking was so poor I wouldn’t say unlucky is the right word, we deserved to concede.

The attempt to change things up second half was horrible though. Banging balls up to a big man against Luton is like trying to out-pass City. Madness.