2023/24 Sean Dyche

Had a ticket last night to watch Fulham play the RS.
giphy.gif

Had a ticket last night to watch Fulham play the RS. As if any Dyche team would ever have played like that against a Sky glamour team.
They drew a must win home cup tie meaning they lost on aggregate 🤷🏻‍♂️
Dyche beat Arsenal in his first game at the club but if plucky losses are what you’re into we battered spurs for 70 minutes and lost to more crap refereeing/finishing and also went toe to toe with City until they got a dodgy pen

They drew a must win home cup tie meaning they lost on aggregate 🤷🏻‍♂️
Dyche beat Arsenal in his first game at the club but if plucky losses are what you’re into we battered spurs for 70 minutes and lost to more crap refereeing/finishing and also went toe to toe with City until they got a dodgy pen

They played with a style and a purpose we've simply not seen with Dyche. And that against a top of the table RS. Dyche would have had us launching balls at a tall striker from.the second minute.

Appointed 1 year ago today.

Done a decent job in sorting out the playing side in that time, we are 100% more organised, committed and this season the results have improved on the last 2 seasons.

Not everybody’s cup of tea style wise, but only an idiot would say he hasn’t improved things from the 2 Lampard / Benitez seasons.

They played with a style and a purpose we've simply not seen with Dyche. And that against a top of the table RS. Dyche would have had us launching balls at a tall striker from.the second minute.
Apart from second half against Luton at home which we all agree was abysmal, please point to the games where that has been our tactic rather than fast counterattacks with direct passing and running into space.

I was one of many who was concerned how bad the football would be under Dyche but I was wrong, it’s the best we’ve played in ages.

He is mostly grinding out the points so far .
Which under the circumstances is to be applauded and respected.
However, subjectively speaking, the football we are playing is poor.
Occasionally in most matches there are periods when these players show they are capable of playing football.
But these moments are few and far between .
For the most part we are playing like the 2nd tier club circumstances have made us , always the underdog.
One thing that is frustrating me is the habit our goalkeepers seem to have adopted of lumping the ball aimlessly forward.
It invariably hands possession straight back to the opposition and has produced very little gain over the season so far.
But we are we are.
Currently if we want to see sustained sporting excellence at Goodison we will have to look forward to the visits of better footballing sides.
Oh well , that’s life , I suppose.

We literally had Fulhams manager and got trounced by Liverpool whenever we played them apart from that 0-0 draw that was hardly electrifying stuff, I liked Silva and think he was hard done by Moshiri and the board but don't pretend like we haven't already gone down this route. There are probably a handful of managers in the world that could get a tune out of this squad considering the circumstances we have been placed in, and Dyche is one of them.

Yeah I'd agree with that but I wouldn't put him above Moyes given his body of work over an extended period.

FWIW I think Dyche has done a wonderful job under very difficult circumstances but if we weren't a basket case of a football club and if we had a reasonable amount of money to invest in the team would I want him in charge ? No.
Funnily enough he said the same thing in a recent interview, he said a club of this size wouldn't be available to him unless things had gone a bit pear-shaped. I think he's taken that chance very well and I think soon most will change their idea of him as our long-term manager. I expect with a new owner and the new stadium he will have us challenging for Europe soon enough.

Not good enough. Not acceptable. Ignore the walking joke that was lampard, ignore the fat waiter given all the baggage. They are not valid comparisons.

In terms of value/wages I don't see how anyone can see he's over performing.
Sorry to clog this thread but you do realize that we have spent up front about 3 million since he's come in, are having to take on loan from our prospective owners just to stay afloat, and our being referred to for our second charge in as many years for ANOTHER points deduction. He has us about mid table and that-top half is all you could really expect of this threadbare squad.