2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche has turned us from a team that implodes when conceding to a team that finds the net in the final seconds of the match when the pressure is on.

He is managing the team with severe restrictions and with all the noise around the club. I don't think there are many managers in the world who would be able to do the job he is doing. Just imagine what kind of man managment skills it takes to pick the squad up after being handed the 10 point penalty. During an international break.

Dyche is the biggest reason we aren't in the championship now and we have a real chance of staying up even with the 10 point deduction. And I have every reason to believe that with Dyche we will be heading to Europe in no time.

Taking a team finishing 1 point above relegation to midtable team (without the points deduction) in one season is nothing less than amazing.

his subs annoy me and some of his tactics

dunno about europe like lol but i agree with most

but some people thinks he’s not long term

i dunno what long term is now days

we aren’t getting anyone better for now

He is managing the team with severe restrictions and with all the noise around the club. I don't think there are many managers in the world who would be able to do the job he is doing. Just imagine what kind of man managment skills it takes to pick the squad up after being handed the 10 point penalty. During an international break.

Dyche is the biggest reason we aren't in the championship now and we have a real chance of staying up even with the 10 point deduction. And I have every reason to believe that with Dyche we will be heading to Europe in no time.
Spot on.

Even the most negative of supporters are finding it impossible to attack Dyche. The job he has done is close to miraculous, especially when you consider that we haven't spent hardly anything for years.

If the lawyers can stave off another big points deduction we will defy the authorities and maintain our top-flight status.

I'm proud of this man and I hope and pray he gets what he deserves, which is to keep us in the division.

Points deduction aside (and I assume it'll be overturned on appeal).... we are actually only 3 points behind Chelsea now. And they have spent a billion Pounds over the last year alone.

Another point away from home. We have a lot to be encouraged about.
Completely concur.

I'm proud of this man and I hope and pray he gets what he deserves, which is to keep us in the division.

Points deduction aside (and I assume it'll be overturned on appeal).... we are actually only 3 points behind Chelsea now. And they have spent a billion Pounds over the last year alone.

I love the man.

Spot on.

Even the most negative of supporters are finding it impossible to attack Dyche. The job he has done is close to miraculous, especially when you consider that we haven't spent hardly anything for years.

If the lawyers can stave off another big points deduction we will defy the authorities and maintain our top-flight status.

You've not read much of this thread have you?

Been watching us for 50 years and this past three years has been atrocious, we are not playing the Everton way!!! . I don’t like percentage football.

What a weird stance right now, for me you sound oblivious to the actual level of our squad and the perilous position of the whole club.

The last 3 years have been atrocious, but banging on about the the playing style is like concentrating on a chair on fire whilst your whole house is engulfed in flames.

After years of decline, since the unbelievable decision to appoint the arrogant RS the club has just exploded from inside out. Constant bad news with a bit of relief when they sacked him and when we somehow survived two relegation battles.

In normal times, you would have a vocal majority of fans online and at the game grumbling and getting more restless as Dyches football hit periods where it isn't getting the points. It is often crap and hard to like.

Just a few years ago as a comparison you had people telling us we were in danger of relegation and were crap and in a mess, so should accept the ridiculous appointment of Allardyce. Was everybody quiet then as they are now? No. Loads hated him and his football, wanted him out and he got booted in the summer.

So why isn't that happening now? For me your whining about Dyche is missing this obvious part.

IMO we have not been in a such a low period where style counts for nothing and points are like mana from heaven, since Moyes was starting out. Points and staying up are the be all and end all to the vast majority of fans right now, for the first time in 20 years. Stay up and keep existing and somehow make it to the new stadium without sinking into a bigger mess

Into that comes Dyche this season winning 29pts which normally would have you looking at the 3 fixtures after City thinking....hey if we could go on a run and win 3 we could be safe by start of March.... Put that back in the context of the horror show we have been since the RS was appointed and I think a lot of fans would not have thought it possible at the start of this season.

Do they care with what style he achieves that? Again, right now I think youd have the biggest % of fans who couldn't care less since that point 20yr ago.

Do they care what he might do with us in two years time and how we progress from here on the pitch? Right now, I'd say again that the vast majority would love the luxury of thinking about how we grow the squad and improve but will only be focused on whether Doucoure comes back and can stay fit, what the appeal process brings and whether we can go on another run like December.

I think you and a few others are out of touch with the current reality of our stupid club.

This season on the pitch for me is much easier to follow than some previous seasons, because all I want is us to be in with a shout of points in each game and regardless of style that is what I am seeing bar a few games. As befits our poor squad, we weren't very good against Spurs which was no surprise....but then neither was I surprised that during the whole game I never felt like we were definitely losing which is something we had gotten used to recently.

Given our club needs some people with some professionalism looking after it, the vocal minority would be better placed recognising the job done by the manager in this context to get us to this point and for once we could have everybody behind them.

Most people who would want to get rid of Dyche would argue that Poch is the great replacement. That is the irony of being so close the the billion-pound spenders.

Most people who would want to get rid of Dyche would argue that Poch is the great replacement. That is the irony of being so close the the billion-pound spenders.
Both tend to favour athletes over more technical players but Poch is maybe a bit more tactically flexible than Dyche, I personally have never seen the big fuss over Poch tbh.

He’s absolutely the right man for this current Everton job, and anyone saying he’s not done a good job is deluding themselves.

Do I love the fella, no. Will I ever love the fella - time will tell, I hope so.

He’s created a squad and team that’s more than the sum of its parts, and it’s clear they are all behind the manager and each other, which isnt what we had under Lampard or the FSW.

His subs need to improve, and he needs to start trusting the likes of dobbin, chermiti and Beto with more minutes but that’s all I can criticise him for really.

His handling of the entire S@&tshow that is Everton fc and our off the field issues has been nothing short of exemplary, and I don’t think another manager would have been able to handle and cope with it as well as him tbh.

If we manage to stay up he deserves time with some stability and support from owner and board.