2023/24 Sean Dyche

I want to be clear that I'm not hyping Dyche up here. If we had aspirations for anything beyond staying up long-term I'd be saying that he wasn't the answer, but guess what? We don't, so he is. There isn't anyone available right now that even comes close to his limited ability. Nobody. At best we'd have to take a chance on some unknown no-mark or go with a prospect based on reputation and potential. We've already seen how both of those types worked out here recently. The same people who want Dyche out now would be hounding out the next guy two mouths in. They're the same people who've hounded out every single manager we've had since Moyes left. Wake up you 'kin clowns! All sacking Dyche does now is cost us another wage of cash in terms of severance pay and second load for the new guy. We can't afford either. Grow up and deal with the reality. This isn't FIFA manager, you can't just reset every single time thing get bad!🙄

Even though I support him overall - I thought last night had draw written on it as soon as I saw the teamsheet.

I'll give him the 'injuries' benefit of the doubt for this one but I hope he adapts.

We’d be 11th without the points deduction and with the third best defence in the league. After what’s gone and what he has to work with, firing an Everton manager who would get us into Bramley Moore in the PL would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yes it’s not pretty but beggars can’t be choosers right now. His competitors got new players in January to help, his luxury was not having to sell. My counter to the above would be Allardyce got sacked after getting us to eighth (but different times/circumstances) with attritional football. Also when Dyche did spend money it was £40m on strikers which hasn’t had an impact, so the goal situation is up to him.

We’ve hounded out a manager a year for quite some time now, it hasn’t served us, nor the financial situation of the club.

We’d be 11th without the points deduction and with the third best defence in the league. After what’s gone and what he has to work with, firing an Everton manager who would get us into Bramley Moore in the PL would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yes it’s not pretty but beggars can’t be choosers right now. His competitors got new players in January to help, his luxury was not having to sell. My counter to the above would be Allardyce got sacked after getting us to eighth (but different times/circumstances) with attritional football. Also when Dyche did spend money it was £40m on strikers which hasn’t had an impact, so the goal situation is up to him.

We’ve hounded out a manager a year for quite some time now, it hasn’t served us, nor the financial situation of the club.
I'm not a huge Dyche fan, but we really have no idea who is in control of recruitment at Everton. I don't know if we can blame him because he maybe had nothing to do with the scouting of Beto or Chermiti.

All we do know is that the club's recruitment has been average at best for many years and we seem to have no idea how to recruit effective attacking players.

Even though I support him overall - I thought last night had draw written on it as soon as I saw the teamsheet.

I'll give him the 'injuries' benefit of the doubt for this one but I hope he adapts.
1708419472000.png

He won't adapt.

I'm not a huge Dyche fan, but we really have no idea who is in control of recruitment at Everton. I don't know if we can blame him because he maybe had nothing to do with the scouting of Beto or Chermiti.

All we do know is that the club's recruitment has been average at best for many years and we seem to have no idea how to recruit effective attacking players.
He’d have to give the go ahead to them signings, they’ve already said there’s a collegiate approach to recruitment. Him and Thelwell tried to cover the short and long term by the looks of it but the short term side hasn’t worked out as Beto hasn’t settled (yet) and Chermitti isn’t ready. That they’ve got a long run of DCL without injury is a bonus but none are scoring what Everton need. Poor recruitment thus far, Manager owns a lot of that.

Over these next couple seasons we have one goal, stay up. That's it.

Given he still looks likely to achieve that, and if he does would likely be able to next season then why the hell would anybody want to roll the dice and allow this mess of a club have another go at picking a new manager when we are hanging over the edge of a cliff?! I don't get it

Crap football isn't reason enough in the current situation

The desire for a more progressive manager and a reset is laughable in this very moment. Stay up, that's all that matters.

If we stay up these two seasons and get new owners and look in any way stable then yeah get rid, at the right time. (I'll agree that I don't think he can change so wouldn't waste time giving him a chance to show how he can't change imho)

I feel like some fans are watching us in a bubble where they just want everything to be like normal and crap games means call for the managers head. Well, reality is I'd say majority fans have zero interest in a manager change right now and it would have to get extremely bad before the fans and the club even think of it.

He’d have to give the go ahead to them signings, they’ve already said there’s a collegiate approach to recruitment. Him and Thelwell tried to cover the short and long term by the looks of it but the short term side hasn’t worked out as Beto hasn’t settled (yet) and Chermitti isn’t ready. That they’ve got a long run of DCL without injury is a bonus but none are scoring what Everton need. Poor recruitment thus far, Manager owns a lot of that.
Beto hasn't really shown anything to suggest he deserves to start games - the miss at Fulham was awful as well.

But I do feel it's a little unfair to judge him without seeing what he can do over 4 or 5 starts. I'd probably stick with DCL one more game but we need to see better from him. If things don't go well on Saturday, I'd be inclined to try something else for a few weeks. At some point you need your centre forward to score, and 20 games is a long time at any level of football.

I feel like we needed to sign someone close to Richarlison in style but instead went for more traditional number 9 style. It feels a little bit like we aren't moving with the times. The best forwards can play across the line and carry the ball these days, and they like to cut inside to shoot.

Over these next couple seasons we have one goal, stay up. That's it.

Given he still looks likely to achieve that, and if he does would likely be able to next season then why the hell would anybody want to roll the dice and allow this mess of a club have another go at picking a new manager when we are hanging over the edge of a cliff?! I don't get it

Crap football isn't reason enough in the current situation

The desire for a more progressive manager and a reset is laughable in this very moment. Stay up, that's all that matters.

If we stay up these two seasons and get new owners and look in any way stable then yeah get rid, at the right time. (I'll agree that I don't think he can change so wouldn't waste time giving him a chance to show how he can't change imho)

I feel like some fans are watching us in a bubble where they just want everything to be like normal and crap games means call for the managers head. Well, reality is I'd say majority fans have zero interest in a manager change right now and it would have to get extremely bad before the fans and the club even think of it.
Big difference between saying he should be sacked last night and saying he should have set the team out to be more attacking last night.

I think the vast majority of the frustration is that he didn't really look to attack Palace, but that doesn't translate into sacking a manager.

For a start, it would be ludicrous for a manager to be sacked while we have an ongoing takeover process.

Big difference between saying he should be sacked last night and saying he should have set the team out to be more attacking last night.

I think the vast majority of the frustration is that he didn't really look to attack Palace, but that doesn't translate into sacking a manager.

For a start, it would be ludicrous for a manager to be sacked while we have an ongoing takeover process.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like him and the footballs bad. I've no problem with complaints about it, even if I think it's a waste of energy during these couple seasons for the reasons I gave

I hate % football, but I sit through these games right now just hoping we come away with points and how we do it doesn't really interest me

Beto hasn't really shown anything to suggest he deserves to start games - the miss at Fulham was awful as well.

But I do feel it's a little unfair to judge him without seeing what he can do over 4 or 5 starts. I'd probably stick with DCL one more game but we need to see better from him. If things don't go well on Saturday, I'd be inclined to try something else for a few weeks. At some point you need your centre forward to score, and 20 games is a long time at any level of football.

I feel like we needed to sign someone close to Richarlison in style but instead went for more traditional number 9 style. It feels a little bit like we aren't moving with the times. The best forwards can play across the line and carry the ball these days, and they like to cut inside to shoot.
The manager plays with a strong number 9 who can hold the ball up and occupy defenders on his own. Which fits more Beto than Richarlison and would hint at Dyche’s involvement in signing Beto. Agreed though I haven’t written him off as like Mykolenko foreign players can take time to settle. There’s been no short term impact for the near £30m outlay though, which isn’t helping and worse than they’d have hoped for.

He isn't going anywhere so not worth talking about.
Who would sack him and hire a new manager, nobody is running us at the top.
The football is awful and more Importantly so are the results.
It's up to him to turn it around.
The situation surrounding the club , pionts deduction, never ending take over ect would test any manager to be honest.
Not in his make up put he needs a shake up and a bit of luck.
The football we’re watching is horrendous, I’m not sure you can even call it football.
Yes we can’t sack him now, but we hopefully will have new owners and new football people in the club by the summer and I can see a change then. He’s never changing his style and approach moving forward.

And the potential new owners have been to a lot of games recently including last night, the booing and dross he serves up won’t be lost on them

What does he say to them before games?

They're so passive at start of games, just gives away initiative every time.

Palace missing 4 best players, no manager, terrible away form and they're just passing it round us.

He hates playing at home when the crowd wants us to be on front foot.

Hope I'm wrong but if we couldn't get 3 pts last night with everything in our favour, not sure who else we can beat in this league

'Not sure these know how to win a game'.

The football we’re watching is horrendous, I’m not sure you can even call it football.
Yes we can’t sack him now, but we hopefully will have new owners and new football people in the club by the summer and I can see a change then. He’s never changing his style and approach moving forward.

And the potential new owners have been to a lot of games recently including last night, the booing and dross he serves up won’t be lost on them
If we stay up it will be brave owners who sack him, can we afford to sack him anyway ?
We can't carry on playing like that last night it isn't even working and it absolutely crap to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like him and the footballs bad. I've no problem with complaints about it, even if I think it's a waste of energy during these couple seasons for the reasons I gave

I hate % football, but I sit through these games right now just hoping we come away with points and how we do it doesn't really interest me

I’d do it in the summer, or it will always be ‘not now’. I can’t see it ever being the perfect time,