2023/24 Sean Dyche

Your last part is utter rubbish. We have a team of past or present internationals. Some are being touted for big money moves to top clubs. Potter changed how Brighton played overnight, Iraolo has changed how Bournemouth play.

A better manager/coach could implement an actual style instead of just booting it long and hoping to get a corner. Also nothing changes with dyche, even if he’s given a chunk of the Oanan and Branthwaite money. He will just buy more McNeil’s and Harrison’s for the wing.
Another doucoure to play behind the striker, another Beto to replace DCL
And full backs that can only defend. If he’s 1 more years or 5, nothing is changing.

Hopefully Thelwell the new sporting team/owners and board,
Actually have a plan to
Move forward and play 2024 football and not Wimbledon from 1994

There’s two players being touted for big money moves. 2 out of a squad of how many, and that’s Branthwaite (who is only in the team thanks to Dyche backing him) and Onana. So actually I think your post is utter rubbish.

Potter would have been relegated most of his seasons with Brighton with a 12 point deduction. Iraola has Bournemouth 3 points ahead of us and that’s with us on a 6 point deduction.

You’re just the classic hipster fan chasing the latest shiny bouncy ball. It was Bielsa in previous seasons, or Nuno, or Potter, or Lage, all the way back to Martinez at Wigan. None of them achieve anything long term except usually relegating someone.

If Iraola or Potter had this group of players this season with a 6 point deduction and the prospect of another 6 coming, we’d most probably be down.

If we get deducted 12 points this season, and he still keeps us up, do you think thats a bad job given where we were 18 months ago?

I think anyone who says so is living in cloud cuckoo land

We'd already be 9 points from safety if it wasn't for that points deduction

To get a pretty average set of players to around 12th is not a bad job at all

Don't get me wrong, it's not an amazing one or anything, but it's "job done" at the very least and, after some of the cack we've had in the manager's chair recently, I'll take that all day long

There’s two players being touted for big money moves. 2 out of a squad of how many, and that’s Branthwaite (who is only in the team thanks to Dyche backing him) and Onana. So actually I think your post is utter rubbish.

Potter would have been relegated most of his seasons with Brighton with a 12 point deduction. Iraola has Bournemouth 3 points ahead of us and that’s with us on a 6 point deduction.

You’re just the classic hipster fan chasing the latest shiny bouncy ball. It was Bielsa in previous seasons, or Nuno, or Potter, or Lage, all the way back to Martinez at Wigan. None of them achieve anything long term except usually relegating someone.

If Iraola or Potter had this group of players this season with a 6 point deduction and the prospect of another 6 coming, we’d most probably be down.
You’re just clueless mate. Potter inherited a team at Brighton a lot worse than this Everton team. You talk like we’re some 2 bob club who’ve spent most the last 20 years in the lower leagues. Having A ham shank because we’d be 3 points above Bournemouth.

The proof is in the pudding at Brighton. 5 yrs ago seen like Burnley, playing dog and duck football while just hoping to survive in the prem. Chris houghton had them paying awful football. Got sacked when they finshed 17th potter first 2 years 15th 16th then 9th de zerbi had took them on again. now seen a brilliantly run club expected to be top half.

15yrs ago we were seen as a club challenging the likes of spurs and pushing arsenal for top 4. Finishing ahead of Liverpool and a big spending villa.
Now it’s all about finishing above Bournemouth and Brentford, Forest and Luton.

You’re just clueless mate. Potter inherited a team at Brighton a lot worse than this Everton team. You talk like we’re some 2 bob club who’ve spent most the last 20 years in the lower leagues. Having A ham shank because we’d be 3 points above Bournemouth.

The proof is in the pudding at Brighton. 5 yrs ago seen like Burnley, playing dog and duck football while just hoping to survive in the prem. Chris houghton had them paying awful football. Got sacked when they finshed 17th potter first 2 years 15th 16th then 9th de zerbi had took them on again. now seen a brilliantly run club expected to be top half.

15yrs ago we were seen as a club challenging the likes of spurs and pushing arsenal for top 4. Finishing ahead of Liverpool and a big spending villa.
Now it’s all about finishing above Bournemouth and Brentford, Forest and Luton.

None of that is Dyche’s fault. He came in when we were right at the bottom of this decline. You want someone to blame, blame Kenwright and Moshiri.

Its not the same club as 15 years ago u fortunately, Dyche needs to manage for the situation he’s in and the squad he inherited from Lampard was utterly abject and incapable of playing the football you want to see. His remit was to keep us up, it still is.

The answer to Everton’s problems is better ownership and an overhaul of regulations in the PL that favour the sky six. It is not to just hire the latest ‘progressive’ manager and hope he pulls off a miracle. He won’t, none of them have.

So what if Brighton finish top half, the model they have means they can’t go any higher. Any good player they have is purely there because he knows they are a feeder club for the top 6 teams. Caicedo would rather play for Chelsea in 11th than play for Brighton in the top half.

Their trophy cabinet is just as empty as ours and they’re going to finish lower this season than they did last season. I’ll wager that it’s more likely they get relegated in the next five years than it is they win anything.

There’s numerous reasons why we’re in the situation we’re in vis-à-vis other clubs but Dyche is a long long way down that list of reasons.

None of that is Dyche’s fault. He came in when we were right at the bottom of this decline. You want someone to blame, blame Kenwright and Moshiri.

Its not the same club as 15 years ago u fortunately, Dyche needs to manage for the situation he’s in and the squad he inherited from Lampard was utterly abject and incapable of playing the football you want to see. His remit was to keep us up, it still is.

The answer to Everton’s problems is better ownership and an overhaul of regulations in the PL that favour the sky six. It is not to just hire the latest ‘progressive’ manager and hope he pulls off a miracle. He won’t, none of them have.

So what if Brighton finish top half, the model they have means they can’t go any higher. Any good player they have is purely there because he knows they are a feeder club for the top 6 teams. Caicedo would rather play for Chelsea in 11th than play for Brighton in the top half.

Their trophy cabinet is just as empty as ours and they’re going to finish lower this season than they did last season. I’ll wager that it’s more likely they get relegated in the next five years than it is they win anything.

There’s numerous reasons why we’re in the situation we’re in vis-à-vis other clubs but Dyche is a long long way down that list of reasons.
Never said it was dyche’s fault
But under him will just be like his Burnley and Chris houghtons Brighton.

New owners/ new board and sporting team need to get rid in the summer and have a plan and actually kick this club forward.

I think people are failing to grasp on here that we have had 3 DOFs and 8 managers in the last 7 years. All with differing styles and recruitment plans. For all the negativity surrounding Dyche he has got the team organised and competitive. If he had the attacking riches of our neighbours across the park with the solid base I have no doubt he would be pushing for Top 4 and comfortably fighting a European spot. At this moment steady progression is what I’m seeing. Some peaks and Troughs but that is to be expected with the small squad we have. Let’s see where we are at the end of the season before making sweeping changes.

At least Brighton supporters get to watch a team that attempts to play competitive, entertaining football while they win nothing.

I think anyone who says so is living in cloud cuckoo land

We'd already be 9 points from safety if it wasn't for that points deduction

To get a pretty average set of players to around 12th is not a bad job at all

Don't get me wrong, it's not an amazing one or anything, but it's "job done" at the very least and, after some of the cack we've had in the manager's chair recently, I'll take that all day long

Pretty much spot on. I mean ive been reading on here the last few days about entetrainment and style. He took over a really poor squad thats been looking down the barrel of a relegation gun for the past two years. Had us sitting pretty well away from the bottom 3 before 10 points were taken off. Got out of the relegation places within a few weeks of the deduction. Has had no money to spend. Lost 100m worth of players. The club above him in the boardroom being non existent.
Its pointless saying where you would like the club to be. The reality is we are as much of a shambles as any club in this league as of the present. points deduction aside he'd have the club 11 points away from the bottom 3. Me personally thats all i really wanted out of him this season. You've got to be very harsh even unrealistic to have expected anything else. And if our forwards hadnt gone on strike we'd probably be sitting around where chelsea and newcastle are. Would i like him here for years? No. Is he doing ok with the absolute sh!t show hes been handed. Yeah.

Pretty much spot on. I mean ive been reading on here the last few days about entetrainment and style. He took over a really poor squad thats been looking down the barrel of a relegation gun for the past two years. Had us sitting pretty well away from the bottom 3 before 10 points were taken off. Got out of the relegation places within a few weeks of the deduction. Has had no money to spend. Lost 100m worth of players. The club above him in the boardroom being non existent.
Its pointless saying where you would like the club to be. The reality is we are as much of a shambles as any club in this league as of the present. points deduction aside he'd have the club 11 points away from the bottom 3. Me personally thats all i really wanted out of him this season. You've got to be very harsh even unrealistic to have expected anything else. And if our forwards hadnt gone on strike we'd probably be sitting around where chelsea and newcastle are. Would i like him here for years? No. Is he doing ok with the absolute sh!t show hes been handed. Yeah.
great post

It’s pointless saying where you would like the club to be. The reality is we are as much of a shambles as any club in this league as of the present. points deduction aside he'd have the club 11 points away from the bottom 3. Me personally thats all i really wanted out of him this season. You've got to be very harsh even unrealistic to have expected anything else. And if our forwards hadnt gone on strike we'd probably be sitting around where chelsea and newcastle are. Would i like him here for years? No. Is he doing ok with the absolute sh!t show hes been handed. Yeah.

This.

It is possible to acknowledge he's doing a decent job, given the circumstances but critic his horrific hoofball football. They are different things.

He's by far the main problem at the club but he's not untouchable like some make out on here

It is possible to acknowledge he's doing a decent job, given the circumstances but critic his horrific hoofball football. They are different things.

He's by far the main problem at the club but he's not untouchable like some make out on here

Any sensible manager would have this crop playing the type of football that we currently are.

The players we’ve recruited, including before Dyche, are extremely limited & decent at what they do. We have 2 players with any sort of ability to get the ball on a half turn & drive forward (Garner & Onana) the rest can’t.

It’d be absolute suicide for Dyche to have tried to play possession football, these players haven’t the confidence for it.