2023/24 Sean Dyche

He has a game plan. In fact one of the most clearly defined ones in the league. It might not be pretty, you or I might not like it, but you can't deny it is a game plan.
Yeah, and when teams have figured out our ridiculously limited and shallow game plan what do we do?

Exactly, persist and hope for the best without changing anything.

Dyche doesn’t do himself any favours in some ways but we have thrown away so many points due to poor finishing it is unreal. Dyche can’t put the ball in the net himself 🤷‍♂️

Dyche does have a plan and its effective at picking up points away from home. The home record doesnt lie though. At the same time most of the home games this season we have created enough chances to have won more. Yesterday must be the fourth or fifth time this season im walking out of Goodison saying "how the **** did we lose that." I would still like to see patterson or coleman at right back. Especially at home. If anything just to have better balance and attacks down both flanks. I would even give patterson a go in right midfield ahead of harrison. Hes quicker and stronger for a start. At the moment theres very little coming from either flank.

Dyche does have a plan and its effective at picking up points away from home. The home record doesnt lie though. At the same time most of the home games this season we have created enough chances to have won more. Yesterday must be the fourth or fifth time this season im walking out of Goodison saying "how the **** did we lose that." I would still like to see patterson or coleman at right back. Especially at home. If anything just to have better balance and attacks down both flanks. I would even give patterson a go in right midfield ahead of harrison. Hes quicker and stronger for a start. At the moment theres very little coming from either flank.
That's true, but two of the 3 home wins were against Chelsea and Newcastle, teams that are better, but on the other hand we got only 4 points in games vs Palace, Bournemouth, Wolves, Fulham and Luton, which is insufficient.

We got 5 points more away than home, despite scoring 1 less and concede 1 more away. Stats are strange at times.

At the moment we sit at 13 points in 14 games, which is not what all of us want to despite a good away record.

Aiming should be to get 10 more points vs teams that are worse or a similiar level like us (Brentford, Sheffield, Burnley and Forest), but based our current home form rather 6-8 are realistic. Don't see us getting anything vs Liverpool. Hopefully we can add some points away as well.

Would mean we turn out 6/5/8 at home, not great but ok. 23 points in 19 games.

He's the right man at the right time.

Not too fussed about the boo boys and I'm sure he isn't either.

He was doing just fine before the points deduction and our true position is about 5 places higher up the league.

I think people may be forgetting just how bad we've been since Ancelotti was in charge. We don't have the players we had either so anything Dyche does to claw us up the table and not have to go through the season end of the last two years is to be appreciative
He's doing great mate, remind me when was our last league victory? I'm not advocating sacking him because we can't afford it, we couldn't attract anyone better at the moment and there is enough turmoil at the club already, however, he is not doing fine by any means, he is marginally better than Lampard or Benitez and that's about as far as I would go.

He was doing just fine before the points deduction and our true position is about 5 places higher up the league.
We would be three places higher, above Bournemouth on goal difference who have a game in hand against Luton.

The idea that we have had some sort of stellar start to the season and that we are only screwed because of the points deduction is hyperbole. We'd be better off, for sure, but we'd still be looking over our shoulder with our current form. Dyche just isn't all that good, soz.