2023/24 Sean Dyche

There were plenty who kept their mouth shut on Benitez when he was on the good run, from the start of the season to October.

Its only as things went South from then onwards did things get more vocal and it became the popular view.

I remember being told to enjoy wins and back the club etc for kicking him after wins. I don't even think he's a bad football manager (people being something else) i just cant stand him.

At least the lads who backed him, stuck with it, there were plenty who went shifty with it.
I suspect it was a case of them eyeing the ultimate 'I told you so,' but then I'm quite cynical.

He certainly had his day, especially at Valencia, but he was a busted flush long before he darkened our door.
My favorite back then was Eddie Howe. As a Spanish I knew pretty much that Benitez' football was quite stale at this point. He did a solid job at Newcastle and Napoli tho.

I'm still shocked of how he managed to have a good start here with 3 wins and 1 draw in his first 4 games of prem to then completely fall off.
The one thing I'll give him is that the players didn't down tools. He had them running hard from the start.

I'd say his football was very similar to what we see from Dyche.

We interrupt your daily fume with breaking news

Was about to ask what book is Sean Dyche from, but then I found it.

IMG_6618.jpeg

The fact we've only had 10 corners over the last 3 game weeks needs to be addressed by Dyche, especially considering how reliant on set pieces we are. Yes, 10 is the fewest in the league over the last 3 game weeks btw. Luton, for example, have had 33 corners over them same 3 game period.
The set-pieces are probably being planned for now. No diving in or giving silly fouls away, avoid conceding corners at all costs.

On MNF last week, Carragher was talking about how Liverpool would triple-mark Duncan Ferguson on set-pieces. You'd have to think that teams will start doing the same with Tarkowski sooner rather than later.

I suspect it was a case of them eyeing the ultimate 'I told you so,' but then I'm quite cynical.

He certainly had his day, especially at Valencia, but he was a busted flush long before he darkened our door.

The one thing I'll give him is that the players didn't down tools. He had them running hard from the start.

I'd say his football was very similar to what we see from Dyche.
Well, he was never known to play good football as Dyche, even in his best Liverpool days. I would swallow that bitter pile of dire football atm, when the results would be delivered in the current situation, but in fact they weren't in 2024.

Well, he was never known to play good football as Dyche, even in his best Liverpool days. I would swallow that bitter pile of dire football atm, when the results would be delivered in the current situation, but in fact they weren't in 2024.
I don't think Dyche is under any genuine pressure anyway. The quality of the promoted teams is so poor, we're likely to stay in the league by default.

I'd definitely be looking to replace him in the summer, but between the financial situation and the general lack of knowledge/authority within the club, I'm not sure it's a realistic expectation.

With 3 full weeks before our next game after Saturday if it isn’t 3 points Thelwell should be sounding out new managers and if there’s a good fit make a move on them now or . more likely in the summer when ownership is resolved.I think he’s been given a free ride due to points deduction and 2 of the promoted teams being absolute dross and got away with playing Keane for pretty much the entire run in. One thing is clear though in my opinion we cannot go into next season with him in charge otherwise it will be a catastrophe. He’s never really appreciated being Everton manager in my eyes he’s very stubborn and seems to have this ego problem where he thinks he’s bigger than everyone. He’ll never change style and will always rely on thumping the ball forwards. He’s as much as a stain on this club as Benitez is and was

The set-pieces are probably being planned for now. No diving in or giving silly fouls away, avoid conceding corners at all costs.

On MNF last week, Carragher was talking about how Liverpool would triple-mark Duncan Ferguson on set-pieces. You'd have to think that teams will start doing the same with Tarkowski sooner rather than later.
Defo dont need to worry about DCL do they :cool:

With 3 full weeks before our next game after Saturday if it isn’t 3 points Thelwell should be sounding out new managers and if there’s a good fit make a move on them now or . more likely in the summer when ownership is resolved.I think he’s been given a free ride due to points deduction and 2 of the promoted teams being absolute dross and got away with playing Keane for pretty much the entire run in. One thing is clear though in my opinion we cannot go into next season with him in charge otherwise it will be a catastrophe. He’s never really appreciated being Everton manager in my eyes he’s very stubborn and seems to have this ego problem where he thinks he’s bigger than everyone. He’ll never change style and will always rely on thumping the ball forwards. He’s as much as a stain on this club as Benitez is and was

we don’t have a proper ownership

so no new manager is coming

When's he going to give Dobbin a chance?
If its that's Dobbin's not ready or that Dyche doesn't think he can play Dycheball that still on Dyche. He's had time to get him there.