2023/24 Sean Dyche

The 4-4-1-1 isn’t working, it’s as clear as day. The chance creation is poor (not those half chances or pit shots from the edge of the box), we don’t have runners in the box when break or win losses back, we don’t overload the wide areas or have fullbacks who bomb forward to create space.

will think he’ll change, nope. He plays fine margins and this formation and way of playing gives him that.
That‘s for me the main problem there.. Formation is something on paper, but wings and full back are mainly restricted in Dyche‘s defense first set up at the expense of attack. Also with the players playing.

Godfrey nothing to offer forward should never start RB over Patterson/Coleman

Harrison/McNeil can recover balls, but have no pace or dribbling ability to create danger. Danjuma/Dobbin or Patterson to try out.

Our number 10 is not good enough with Doucoure, as someone technical better is needed and not someone that uses exerted force. Gomes/Danjuma, McNeil in this set up.

I believe the only time Dyche changed his formation vs in our worst game of the winless run away vs Wolves

3-5-2 with Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Mykolenko as the 3. Patterson RWB and McNeil LWB. Onana and one other as cms. Doucoure slightly in front breaking forward. DCL and Beto up top until Danjuma comes back - then swap him in for one of the CFs.
Putting Myko as a CB is actually an interesting thought and worth a try. Would probably start Gomes over Doucoure to give us more technical skills and passing skills in the midfield as well, also Danjuma can play this role. Both proved to be able to put a striker into the scene with good through balls and we have that pace in striker especially with Beto. To create scenes his goal against Newcastle or DCL big missed chance vs Villa.

Putting Myko as a CB is actually an interesting thought and worth a try. Would probably start Gomes over Doucoure to give us more technical skills and passing skills in the midfield as well, also Danjuma can play this role. Both proved to be able to put a striker into the scene with good through balls and we have that pace in striker especially with Beto. To create scenes his goal against Newcastle or DCL big missed chance vs Villa.
I like the idea of Gomes or Danjuma in there in theory - God knows, Doucoure is a horrible footballer - but in most games we would probably need him to press and then join the attacks if we were going to try this system. Danjuma doesn't work hard enough and Gomes is too slow.

If I was in charge, I'd use Danjuma in one of the forward positions and get Gomes on for Doucoure if we are in front. That way we could keep the ball better and his passing might thread the strikers through on the counter as the losing team came on to us.

That‘s for me the main problem there.. Formation is something on paper, but wings and full back are mainly restricted in Dyche‘s defense first set up at the expense of attack. Also with the players playing.

Godfrey nothing to offer forward should never start RB over Patterson/Coleman

Harrison/McNeil can recover balls, but have no pace or dribbling ability to create danger. Danjuma/Dobbin or Patterson to try out.

Our number 10 is not good enough with Doucoure, as someone technical better is needed and not someone that uses exerted force. Gomes/Danjuma, McNeil in this set up.

I believe the only time Dyche changed his formation vs in our worst game of the winless run away vs Wolves
I think it’s fair to say Patersons career is pretty much over with Dyche. When you’re bringing Godfrey in from nowhere to be first choice it’s not a good sign, that’s not even counting Young and Coleman being ahead of him.

I think it’s fair to say Patersons career is pretty much over with Dyche. When you’re bringing Godfrey in from nowhere to be first choice it’s not a good sign, that’s not even counting Young and Coleman being ahead of him.
I see Godfrey as a back up 3rd cb over Keane atm, saved 2 goals with his tackles, but cost a few goals by set pieces and a pen. But no way he should start with a fit Coleman or Paterson.

This is not Dyche related but about Ian Woan. Can someone explain how the Red Echo (Chris Beesley) comes to this conclusion.

Forest’s lifelong Evertonian Woan, who was born in Heswall like former Blues midfielder Paul Bracewell, cricketer Ian Botham, The Cult frontman Ian Astbury and Bullseye host Jim Bowen, was unhappy with the decision and after giving too much back chat, found himself in the book for dissent before the resultant set-piece was taken.

3-5-2 with Tarkowski, Branthwaite and Mykolenko as the 3. Patterson RWB and McNeil LWB. Onana and one other as cms. Doucoure slightly in front breaking forward. DCL and Beto up top until Danjuma comes back - then swap him in for one of the CFs.
I've thought about this line up too. It solves some of our problems ( no decent wide midfielders ) and gets 2 strikers on the pitch but Dyche is way too cautious to do it.

This is not Dyche related but about Ian Woan. Can someone explain how the Red Echo (Chris Beesley) comes to this conclusion.

Forest’s lifelong Evertonian Woan, who was born in Heswall like former Blues midfielder Paul Bracewell, cricketer Ian Botham, The Cult frontman Ian Astbury and Bullseye host Jim Bowen, was unhappy with the decision and after giving too much back chat, found himself in the book for dissent before the resultant set-piece was taken.

tbf at least he's done some journalism about where people are born as that's correct lol

Though what those people have to do with Woan being unhappy with a decision.....well its the red rag, he's a rs journalist, he's taking the piss like they all do St that rag where that lot are allowed to report on our games.