2023/24 Sean Dyche

THIS, THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

I keep reading about xG and these chances we are missing every week, yet Gana smashing it from 40 yards is a chance.

He gets credit for the clean sheets, the way we defend, yet hes given a pass about the way we attack.

Its double standards.
Too have such good defensive stats yet still be -10 goal difference says it all really. He doesn't do the forwards any favours tactically like

THIS, THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

I keep reading about xG and these chances we are missing every week, yet Gana smashing it from 40 yards is a chance.

He gets credit for the clean sheets, the way we defend, yet hes given a pass about the way we attack.

Its double standards.
I really read we should be around 50 goals with xG, that's really exaggerated, but I think we should be at 37-38 surely. In the end we got to face the reality with 29 scored.

We bought 40million pounds worth of Strikers in The Summer Zat.

And loaned a Striker from Spain.

He was given 4 forwards last Summer.

But ok.
We lost Gray and Iwobi in summer and Gordon in January.

Replaced them with

Chermiti (promising young player, but needs time to adapt), same with Dobbin that returned. Should get more game time.
Harrison (ok player at Leeds, but not a game changer)
Danjuma (a late Gorden replacement), can play anywhere in the attack
Beto (Richarlison replacement)

DCL now is fit again, but seems to have lost trace after scoring 3 goals in the first 10 games. Is it only down to manager/tactics, or is he another one of these one-two season wonders, time will show.

Definitely more options than last season, the question is whether we upgraded really, I think slightly, scored 29 goals comparing to 22 in 28, still not something good.

Danjuma should start over Harrison 100% when fit, he is relatively egoistic, but I think we looked more dangerous with him, as he seems the closest to be able to go into those 1vs1s in the box.

Last edited:

We are truly blessed with such a manager.
Considering you think we're awash with players who have "played at the highest tier of football all their careers."
I think thats rubbish im afraid mate.

We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers.
I genuinely think that football is not really for you, mate.

Managers have little to no influence on whether a team is scoring goals. It's all down to the quality of the attacking players available.

Screenshot from 2024-03-17 15-36-35.png

We lost Gray and Iwobi in summer and Gordon in January.

Replaced them with

Chermiti (promising young player, but needs time to adapt), same with Dobbin that returned. Should get more game time.
Harrison (ok player at Leeds, but not a game changer)
Danjuma (a late Gorden replacement), can play anywhere in the attack
Beto (Richarlison replacement)

DCL now is fit again, but seems to have lost trace after scoring 3 goals in the first 10 games. Is it only down to manager/tactics, or is he another one of these one-two season wonders, time will show.

Definitely more options than last season, the question is whether we upgraded really, I think slightly, scored 29 goals comparing to 22 in 28, still not something good.

Danjuma should start over Harrison 100% when fit, he is relatively egoistic, but I think we looked more dangerous with him, as he seems the closest to be able to go into those 1vs1s in the box.

The main issue with Danjuma is his defensive capability...ineffective. Not to mention how he is selfish and plays for himself.

I dont see Beto or Danjuma as replacements of Richarlison or Gordon.

Danjuma is replacing Gray.

Beto & Chermiti are backup players.

Everything for this season is a major downgrade. It remains to be seen if Chermiti steps up next season.

Well no, we paid 40m for 2 Strikers, we loaned 2 players worth 20m each, so 80m worth of forward players.

Could have bought Lukaku for half of that.

Well no. We paid £40mil in fees across the 4 forwards meaning £10mil avg across 4 players. Its simple averaging.

But we didnt pay that because Chermiti and Beto were no money down. Harrison and Danjuma were loans.

So the management actually were working with their hands tied. Not many clubs would allow us to make signings with a pay in 12months deal.

The reality is that if we had £40mil we would likely have signed a different player or two but we didnt as we needee to defer payment.

Well no. We paid £40mil in fees across the 4 forwards meaning £10mil avg across 4 players. Its simple averaging.

But we didnt pay that because Chermiti and Beto were no money down. Harrison and Danjuma were loans.

So the management actually were working with their hands tied. Not many clubs would allow us to make signings with a pay in 12months deal.

The reality is that if we had £40mil we would likely have signed a different player or two but we didnt as we needee to defer payment.
@MikeH72