2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think we are in a big trouble next season.

This summer will be an utter crapshow, The Euros, a lack of planning due to the ownership, cash from player sales will go to pay off debt, a nuclear wasteland.

But for now I have enough misery dealing with this season.

I feel like we would be better off with a new manager, a manager who didnt play for 0-0s, but I am under no illusion that we are struggling next season, unless we can get Pep. So lets see how we end this season and take it from there.
Manchester City are primarily who they are because of money and the players. The same can be said about Barcelona and Bayern. Almost regardless of the manager, they will win trophies over time. Now I'm not saying Pep isn't a good manager. In what he does, coaching top clubs, he is perhaps the best in the business.

But it is quite another to coach clubs that are inferior in almost every parameter. He got rid of Joe Hart because he was too bad with his feet, English national team goalkeeper at the time, and not many clubs have that luxury. I hardly think he would have thought of playing inside back if he had had Coleman as an alternative.

I think we are in a big trouble next season.

This summer will be an utter crapshow, The Euros, a lack of planning due to the ownership, cash from player sales will go to pay off debt, a nuclear wasteland.

But for now I have enough misery dealing with this season.

I feel like we would be better off with a new manager, a manager who didnt play for 0-0s, but I am under no illusion that we are struggling next season, unless we can get Pep. So lets see how we end this season and take it from there.

We need to be savvy in the transfer market. We used to be able to do it- rely on loans, an up and coming player from the championship or frees to make us competitive.

I think we all know Branthwaite will most likely go- just need to get as much for him as possible. I think Onana will also probably go but I think his fee will be much less than people think.

Arent there loads of players out of contract as well?

I think I'd stick with Dyche if its all about staying in the league. It aint pretty at times but it has been effective, not lately granted but I really do think the PSR thing has taken a mental toll on everyone.

Manchester City are primarily who they are because of money and the players. The same can be said about Barcelona and Bayern. Almost regardless of the manager, they will win trophies over time. Now I'm not saying Pep isn't a good manager. In what he does, coaching top clubs, he is perhaps the best in the business.

But it is quite another to coach clubs that are inferior in almost every parameter. He got rid of Joe Hart because he was too bad with his feet, English national team goalkeeper at the time, and not many clubs have that luxury. I hardly think he would have thought of playing inside back if he had had Coleman as an alternative.
Money isnt everything, but it sure it helps.

I think Big Red will fall off without Klopp for example and we saw what happened to United when Fergie left.

But sure, Pep has never really slummed it.

We need to be savvy in the transfer market. We used to be able to do it- rely on loans, an up and coming player from the championship or frees to make us competitive.

I think we all know Branthwaite will most likely go- just need to get as much for him as possible. I think Onana will also probably go but I think his fee will be much less than people think.

Arent there loads of players out of contract as well?

I think I'd stick with Dyche if its all about staying in the league. It aint pretty at times but it has been effective, not lately granted but I really do think the PSR thing has taken a mental toll on everyone.
This is how I see the squad at the end of the season, factoring in sales, loans returning and contracts expiring.

Manager :

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

Total players 17

So yes, lots of work needed on that.

All opinions, but losing this player to a relegation rival didn't help their chances;

View attachment 251889

... he scored 49 prem league goals in 144. For Burnley.

Sure, he was struggling that season, but the season doesn't finish on 13th January after 17 league games.

And as he's showing now for Nottingham Forest - he's very capable of scoring goals in relegation scraps.

All opinions, and for me - if he stayed at Burnley - their main goal scorer over 5 years would have been worth at least 3 points over 21 league games. He's done that for Nottingham Forest and then some. As I said he would.
I know, he had one really good season but when he was sold he’d scored 3.

Players have bad season, it happens. Richarlison went from 13 a season to 7 in the following season, Lukaku went from averaging 15 to 10.

Pinning an entire argument on the back of “Wood may have done this and wood may have done that” shows how poor they were and how reliant on one man they were, even more so after he spent £31m on 2 attacking players.

Hopefully XG pays him back next year then we’ll be flying

I’ve said before we’d have been fine this season if we had Richarlison and Gordon even with the points deduction. They are far better than what we have currently.

We’d be fine now without points deductions.

Deffo think Dyche would have been given the boot in previous years for this run but he is in a difficult position no doubt. Cant see change happening even in summer unless new owners have the cash to sort things out. Even then we have to be aware of potential breaches unless the rules change.

What could have been...I think the frustrating thing with Richarlison and Gordon is that they're both effort players on the wings. They would have fit with what Dyche does, and they have more talent than what we currently have.

We've got to get our books in order, agreed, before we go manager shopping.

Money isnt everything, but it sure it helps.

I think Big Red will fall off without Klopp for example and we saw what happened to United when Fergie left.

But sure, Pep has never really slummed it.
Money without good work isn't anything, Hertha BSC, Chelsea, Everton as an negative example.

Pep had an easier career than Klopp (developed 3 clubs to be much better than when he took over), as he was given 3 very good clubs, but other world class managers were sacked in big clubs in this time. Pep never. Probably won't happen, as his next step might be national team. But I would like Pep to build up a smaller club with less money to invest.

Looking that PSG has never won a CL, doesn't make success self-evident.

I know, he had one really good season but when he was sold he’d scored 3.

Players have bad season, it happens. Richarlison went from 13 a season to 7 in the following season, Lukaku went from averaging 15 to 10.

Pinning an entire argument on the back of “Wood may have done this and wood may have done that” shows how poor they were and how reliant on one man they were, even more so after he spent £31m on 2 attacking players.

Hopefully XG pays him back next year then we’ll be flying

Well, no. He was effective for them and vital to them staying in the league in 4 seasons on the spin. They lost their most important player after 17 games. They went down that season with 3 points. No guarantees in football, but if you lose your main goalscorer - it's going to sting and in my view, that transfer cost Burnley relegation.

What could have been...I think the frustrating thing with Richarlison and Gordon is that they're both effort players on the wings. They would have fit with what Dyche does, and they have more talent than what we currently have.

We've got to get our books in order, agreed, before we go manager shopping.
Yes they are better, and that's why they aren't here anymore, cause they outgrew Everton at the moment playing for much better teams. This will become reality in the next few years. Talent improvements and selling to bigger clubs and hoping to find the next ones to do so, while still not lose all the substance.

Branthwaite will be next to go.

We may well be in trouble next season but if we are what better manager than Dyche to have? People bang on about winless runs or win % but the league table is measured in points and quite frankly it’s in avoiding defeat that Dyche out performed his rivals at Leeds Leicester and Southampton last season. The draws at Wolves Chelsea Spurs in the last minutes were absolutely pivotal to us staying up. Other teams go on huge losing runs, this doesn’t often happen under Dyche, even when we’re not winning he doesn’t lose the dressing room like Lampard Benitez Koeman did, and still has games where we keep points ticking over by drawing and keep the goals conceded and goal difference a lot lower than our rivals getting battered all over the shop every week.

I just don’t see us going down under Dyche no matter how poor our squad is, I always think given a full season and complete control he’ll have us over the points required.

Now if the macro environment at Everton was that we were pushing for CL then no one would care about this quality but seeing as we currently are operating on a sell to exist approach then it might be worth keeping hold of a manager fans of every other team in the bottom 6 cursed us for getting when he joined last year. We went from favourites to go down to having a chance. All our rivals are wishing were stupid enough to sack Dyche and bring in some hipster next season.

Glasner is doing a good job of involving Palace in real trouble, just as Vieira did before him. Frank has Brentford in trouble, Bielsa has already exited, Marsch likewise, Jones, Selles, Hassnhuttl, Rodgers, Smith, Kompany, Cooper. How many of these names have Everton fans called for at some point? All fired for being in relegation problems, or presiding over taking a team down.

Money without good work isn't anything, Hertha BSC, Chelsea, Everton as an negative example.

Pep had an easier career than Klopp (developed 3 clubs to be much better than when he took over), as he was given 3 very good clubs, but other world class managers were sacked in big clubs in this time. Pep never. Probably won't happen, as his next step might be national team. But I would like Pep to build up a smaller club with less money to invest.

Looking that PSG has never won a CL, doesn't make success self-evident.

I'm not sure it's easier to manage the big clubs. It's a different task however. When you manage the clubs Pep has, you need to have a way of playing and stick with it regardless of results. He's never had to be pragmatic.

This fella can kin do one as well. We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone regardless of corruption from the PL. 1 win in the last 13 or 14 matches is an absolute disgrace and he should be sacked and would have already been if he was working for a competent club. This useless shower will probably say thanks and build him a statue or name a stand after him.

This fella can kin do one as well. We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone regardless of corruption from the PL. 1 win in the last 13 or 14 matches is an absolute disgrace and he should be sacked and would have already been if he was working for a competent club. This useless shower will probably say thanks and build him a statue or name a stand after him.
Mate we've a chance of staying up with 2 pts deductions over one season after staying up based on 1 game over the past 2 seasons. Get real.