2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm not sure it's easier to manage the big clubs. It's a different task however. When you manage the clubs Pep has, you need to have a way of playing and stick with it regardless of results. He's never had to be pragmatic.
It's not see Bayern as an example. The players have a big lobby there and a lot of power. One of the best man-management managers Carlo Ancelotti failed due to that, he was the successor of Pep. Pep the only one to stay 3 years there in the last 10 years.

In a big club like City or Real Madrid you have to make your best 11 motivated, but also the other 10 world class players that are subs, who would play in almost every 11st eleven and this week in week out, that's not an easy thing to manage.

Well, no. He was effective for them and vital to them staying in the league in 4 seasons on the spin. They lost their most important player after 17 games. They went down that season with 3 points. No guarantees in football, but if you lose your main goalscorer - it's going to sting and in my view, that transfer cost Burnley relegation.
I’m not gonna round in circles with this, you have your view point I have mine but I will say this last thing on the matter.

At Everton his entire philosophy has been set around one man, Doucoure. As soon as he’s gone out of form, we have no Plan B. Which is what happened at Burnley.

Unable to identify an alternative option and the results went against him. That unfortunately is poor management, regardless of what you have available you can’t just hope things will go right. You have to find solutions

Over to you now carrot top, if you can manage to take as any points from your final 7!games as the four teams below you take from their final 6 then 'job done'. I've hated the stuff you've served up in your tenure here, but, results are king and if you keep us up you've done a fair job of work.

Things I'll give him credit for...
I think he's helped the development of Branthwaite and Myko.
I think his man management worked well with the points deduction (hopefully that happens again)
I think he did really well not panicking and rushing recovering players back too soon.

Other than that, I'm amazed that the three amigos all had ties to Clough and play football like this.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

We may well be in trouble next season but if we are what better manager than Dyche to have? People bang on about winless runs or win % but the league table is measured in points and quite frankly it’s in avoiding defeat that Dyche out performed his rivals at Leeds Leicester and Southampton last season. The draws at Wolves Chelsea Spurs in the last minutes were absolutely pivotal to us staying up. Other teams go on huge losing runs, this doesn’t often happen under Dyche, even when we’re not winning he doesn’t lose the dressing room like Lampard Benitez Koeman did, and still has games where we keep points ticking over by drawing and keep the goals conceded and goal difference a lot lower than our rivals getting battered all over the shop every week.

I just don’t see us going down under Dyche no matter how poor our squad is, I always think given a full season and complete control he’ll have us over the points required.

Now if the macro environment at Everton was that we were pushing for CL then no one would care about this quality but seeing as we currently are operating on a sell to exist approach then it might be worth keeping hold of a manager fans of every other team in the bottom 6 cursed us for getting when he joined last year. We went from favourites to go down to having a chance. All our rivals are wishing were stupid enough to sack Dyche and bring in some hipster next season.

Glasner is doing a good job of involving Palace in real trouble, just as Vieira did before him. Frank has Brentford in trouble, Bielsa has already exited, Marsch likewise, Jones, Selles, Hassnhuttl, Rodgers, Smith, Kompany, Cooper. How many of these names have Everton fans called for at some point? All fired for being in relegation problems, or presiding over taking a team down.
What a complete load of waffle. Try harder Sean.

I’m not gonna round in circles with this, you have your view point I have mine but I will say this last thing on the matter.

At Everton his entire philosophy has been set around one man, Doucoure. As soon as he’s gone out of form, we have no Plan B. Which is what happened at Burnley.

Unable to identify an alternative option and the results went against him. That unfortunately is poor management, regardless of what you have available you can’t just hope things will go right. You have to find solutions
That Doucoure issue has plagued every manager since he signed. The results with and without him under Carlo, Benitez and Lampard all have exactly the same outcomes as they have under Dyche.

It’s astonishing really considering Doucoure’s technical ability. And ultimately, it comes down to the DOF not bringing in a suitable back up/replacement for him, so I don’t blame Dyche for that necessarily.

This was Doucoure up until Jan.
IMG_2913.jpeg

We may well be in trouble next season but if we are what better manager than Dyche to have? People bang on about winless runs or win % but the league table is measured in points and quite frankly it’s in avoiding defeat that Dyche out performed his rivals at Leeds Leicester and Southampton last season. The draws at Wolves Chelsea Spurs in the last minutes were absolutely pivotal to us staying up. Other teams go on huge losing runs, this doesn’t often happen under Dyche, even when we’re not winning he doesn’t lose the dressing room like Lampard Benitez Koeman did, and still has games where we keep points ticking over by drawing and keep the goals conceded and goal difference a lot lower than our rivals getting battered all over the shop every week.

I just don’t see us going down under Dyche no matter how poor our squad is, I always think given a full season and complete control he’ll have us over the points required.

Now if the macro environment at Everton was that we were pushing for CL then no one would care about this quality but seeing as we currently are operating on a sell to exist approach then it might be worth keeping hold of a manager fans of every other team in the bottom 6 cursed us for getting when he joined last year. We went from favourites to go down to having a chance. All our rivals are wishing were stupid enough to sack Dyche and bring in some hipster next season.

Glasner is doing a good job of involving Palace in real trouble, just as Vieira did before him. Frank has Brentford in trouble, Bielsa has already exited, Marsch likewise, Jones, Selles, Hassnhuttl, Rodgers, Smith, Kompany, Cooper. How many of these names have Everton fans called for at some point? All fired for being in relegation problems, or presiding over taking a team down.
I don’t go to a football match to watch a team avoid defeat .
I expect something a little more uplifting than the pursuit of survival.
Football should be a chance to escape from the repetitive grind of daily life , not s reflection of it.
If Everton have finally arrived at the point where our sole purpose is merely to survive , at the expense of the pursuit of excellence , then it’s truly time to liquidate the club.

When was this then
He left with 8 games to go in 2022.

If Burnley were to have their time again I reckon they’d rather Dyche had a go at the games that followed.

Dyche’s time at Burnley can’t be faulted. No transfer fees or investment, provincial town, small stadium. He presided over Burnley’s modern glory days. Sold their key striker to their relegation contenders in January.

Success to different teams means different things.

I don’t go to a football match to watch a team avoid defeat .
I expect something a little more uplifting than the pursuit of survival.
Football should be a chance to escape from the repetitive grind of daily life , not s reflection of it.
If Everton have finally arrived at the point where our sole purpose is merely to survive , at the expense of the pursuit of excellence , then it’s truly time to liquidate the club.

We have 100% arrived at that point. What about us tells you we haven't?

However what's happening now doesn't have to be what's happening in a couple years time

Why would we liquidate the club just because we dropped to the level of favourites/near favourites for relegation for a short period?