2023/24 Sean Dyche

If he keeps us up this year and next with possibly having to sell what little talent we still have then he gets a statue from me not a thanks but no thanks unless 777 have some sort of plan regarding generating money from somewhere , i dont like him as manager i really hate going at present as its turgid to watch even wining Saturday was just a relief not a celebration but as i say unless the is money from somewhere i cant see it changing in the next 2 seasons after this, if we d go this year then they surly will sack him
This, all day long. But with more full stops

There’s never happening, we will be signing players especially if we bring 150mil plus from sales

And that's fine that you think that, but if actual administration and the club going bust is an option then us continuing but with literally no funds to spend on signings is also an option

How likely it is that we hit those worst case scenarios is open to opinion, but I'm sure we would all love to say they are "never happening" but we simply don't know

And that's fine that you think that, but if actual administration and the club going bust is an option then us continuing but with literally no funds to spend on signings is also an option

How likely it is that we hit those worst case scenarios is open to opinion, but I'm sure we would all love to say they are "never happening" but we simply don't know
Administration ain’t happening, give it a rest. And Kieran Maguire who’s a financial expert has said 777 is good for Everton’s debt as they turn a lot of it into equity and they can refinance the rest, maybe getting better deals on loan, the last payment for the stadium is going to happen soon, plus maybe there’s a stadium naming deal in the pipeline.

Depends how negative or positive you’re as a fan, but for me things will be starting to improve from next season

Well thats an easy way to get relegated. Ive seen this story before.

The problem with hiring a manager just because you want one thats "exciting"(outside of the obvious) instead of a firefighter, is the fires will burn him up. Until those fires are gone, you need a firefighter, not the next Portuguese flavor of the month. Until this roster is vastly improved and we stop selling all our best players every season, going with anything but a practical manager is a sure way to leave the league.

But we will be potentially selling 2/3 first teamers and losing 5/6 squad players.
We will have to sign players. So money will be spent
There are big decisions to take, I think 6-7 are pretty sure to leave incl. the loans.

Now the question is will we keep Coleman or Gueye that I see as the only potential extensions that still could help occassionally with their experience on and off pitch. Gomes too unreliable, Young over his peak on the pitch, clear no to those 2.

Or are we going to make a clear cut, which will mean we also need some more experienced signings to lead into the squad to replace those 2 as well. In addition to the 6-7 + myb. Onana or Branths.

Then what happens to DCL or Keane and others running out.

Sounds easy this…

“Just go out, get a young hungry manager. Get a few decent loan signings, maybe a fast attacking player who you're happy to see on the team sheet.
I'd be happy with like an 11th place finish if it's in any way fun to watch.”
Well, I dont think it's hard.
Everton havent appointed a manager with no PL experience since Moyes and we've accomplished SFA since then.
There'll be plenty of young hungry managers out there willing to take the job.
I've been banging on for ages about replacing Thelwell and Dyche with Weir and Carsley.
Use the Everton card. Carsley will know all about the young talent in the country. Weir has done an outstanding job at BHA
Normally theres no chance these two go to Everton but for the fact that the club represents the pinnacle of both their playing careers.
Also there's the lure of leading the club to BMD.

There are 4 loan slots and with FFP meaning clubs will be looking to thin their wage bills, good business is possible there.
Plus the likely sale of Branthwaite and Onana and the end of Danjuma/harrison loans will add to the coffers even after FFP requirements are met.

So If we lose those players, we should be able to fund a new management team and possibly 5 new players.