2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s absolutely draining , for example if the palace game happened now I think the stadium is probably half empty rather than inspiring the players . I’m not sure we , The fans have got it in us any more .

They’ve given us nothing in return and it’s times like this the lack of connect between manager /players/board & fans matters so that lack of connect means we’ve nothing to build on . Feels like the plan for the floggings to continue until moral improves has failed .
Irrespective of the manager it must be difficult not to feel like a loser when you know your employer is being propped up financially by all and sundry, that your new wide-boy prospective employers are looking for further loans to buy the club and there is a minus transfer pot for summer. In addition what little quality there is will be sold off as well. Administration beckons and a lengthy period of building Everton back up to where it was sometime in the dim and distant past, if that is ever possible. It is well and truly screwed.

Moshiri was in the stands when lampards was sacked and the players gave up, he was there last night when the players gave up, just saying like .

I don't think he's wrong, they ran through our midfield as if it wasn't there.
Which is what every team does nowadays - last night even more so as Dyche clearly didn't expect one of the paciest teams in the league to use their pace and we sat high for no reason.

It's also quite easy to go through a static midfield - @nsno-chris I believe shared the average positions in the match thread - it was more or less everyone pushed up and stacked in the middle, which is apparently how you stop pacey players.