2023/24 Sean Dyche

Keeping us up is the only requirement this season. He's on track. We moved forward next season with someone else hopefully and thank him for his work.

If we sack him in the summer, every single club in the bottom 7 will be celebrating our stupidity.

They’ll look a that squad and see what everyone else except Everton fans see: defenders with no pace, fullbacks who can’t cross a ball, midfielders who can’t pass or score, wide men with no pace, strikers who can’t hit a barn door. We’ll have probably sold Onana and Branthwaite as well, Coleman Gueye Young all a year slower and worse, Harrison back at Leeds. Gomes and Dele out the door. They’ll be absolutely laughing at our stupidity if we sack Dyche after he’s just kept a team that’s gone back to back relegation battles in the league even with an 8 point deficit. Oh we might also have a points deduction next year.

The question about Dyche, is really. Is he getting the best out of the players we have? Probably not, but doubt anyone would get a lot more our of what we've got.

Add the 8 docked points and we're very close to being mathematically safe. Think most people would have taken that, at this point in the season. I would have. But this season hs been crazy.

Next season, we're going to have a lot of new faces, in the team. Gomes, Ali (although not seen him), Danjuma, Harrison will very likely to have left. Coleman and Young, I'd suspect will leave too. Plus sale of Onana and hopefully not Branthwaite. So who ever the manager is will be getting new faces. Do we get players to fit the manager or will bit be a case of here you go?

The question about Dyche, is really. Is he getting the best out of the players we have? Probably not, but doubt anyone would get a lot more our of what we've got.

Add the 8 docked points and we're very close to being mathematically safe. Think most people would have taken that, at this point in the season. I would have. But this season hs been crazy.

Next season, we're going to have a lot of new faces, in the team. Gomes, Ali (although not seen him), Danjuma, Harrison will very likely to have left. Coleman and Young, I'd suspect will leave too. Plus sale of Onana and hopefully not Branthwaite. So who ever the manager is will be getting new faces. Do we get players to fit the manager or will bit be a case of here you go?
I think 38 points with 5 to go is getting the most out of the particular squad. Don't you?

And we were incredibly unlucky against Brighton x 2, West Ham, Fulham, Liverpool etc.

Can’t just put all the wins down to luck whereas alls defeats are deserved.
How were we unlucky v Brighton x2????
We sat back and tired to defend a lead, while there goal at goodison was lucky, it was coming they were pushing us back. And at their place that was on the manager,
They went down to 10 and we just sat deep and kept kicking the ball to them. No intention to keep the ball and use the extra man

If we sack him in the summer, every single club in the bottom 7 will be celebrating our stupidity.

They’ll look a that squad and see what everyone else except Everton fans see: defenders with no pace, fullbacks who can’t cross a ball, midfielders who can’t pass or score, wide men with no pace, strikers who can’t hit a barn door. We’ll have probably sold Onana and Branthwaite as well, Coleman Gueye Young all a year slower and worse, Harrison back at Leeds. Gomes and Dele out the door. They’ll be absolutely laughing at our stupidity if we sack Dyche after he’s just kept a team that’s gone back to back relegation battles in the league even with an 8 point deficit. Oh we might also have a points deduction next year.
Or you could look at it like the perfect time for someone fresh in.

Some money made off Onana (absolutely no loss to us whatsoever as he’s a joke) and Branthwaite to invest in problem areas.

A ton of deadwood like Coleman, Dele, Gomes et al finally flushed down the toilet where they belong freeing up some more money.

I’m on the fence with Dyche now. Done a decent job in parts but has also been horrendous for large chunks of this year.

Nah. If we dont sack him then we are totally stupid. The teams coming up are likely to be much stronger than those going down. We will sell big and what little money left that does not go into the new stadium needs to be spent wisely. New manager is essential. Do not want another year of Dycheball

The same clowns who wrote Lampard in on the walls of Goodison because we needed a ‘young progressive manager’. Overentitled hipster morons.
I mean. That’s way out of context. Lampard was only ever wanted by the fans because it was a choice of 2 and the alternative was worse.

Not like fans had a choice of managers and decided on Lampard ahead of simeone or someone.

Dyche got a reaction today from the players so fair play to him. Wasnt a stellar performance and had a bit of luck with var but the players had their heads up and tried to play a better game. Still don’t think he is right for us long term based on a couple of wins against Burnley and Forest though.

How were we unlucky v Brighton x2????
We sat back and tired to defend a lead, while there goal at goodison was lucky, it was coming they were pushing us back. And at their place that was on the manager,
They went down to 10 and we just sat deep and kept kicking the ball to them. No intention to keep the ball and use the extra man

2x a performance-based fair result, neither one deserved to win. Just annoying we gave it away.

He’s been a little frustrating this year for me, even though he has one of the poorest constructed squads in the league, but he has been stubborn at time and his in game management is questionable so I have flipped and flopped, but I do think despite that, he does deserve a shot at managing the club into the new season, and hopefully the off the field stuff will be resolved but at this stage I certainly wouldn’t extend his contract.