2023/24 Sean Dyche

The main difference is exactly what you say, Villa were in a stable situation. Their options were much greater than ours with less down side if any appointment went wrong

You may disagree but personally I think we are on a cliff edge so I fear any change could tip us over. Totally different situation
But do you think last January, had we better more knowledge people in charge, it wouldn’t have been dyche or Bielsa. The year before, Lampard, Dunc or pereira kia’s client. Surely a more knowledgeable board would have had better options

To be fair Thelwell apparently wanted Corberan from
West Ham which i wouldn’t have minded

If he keeps us up (which currently looks likely), he will be going nowhere regardless of what anyone thinks of him.

The financial reality of our situation means that if we have someone in charge who is likely to keep us in the division, we won't be sacking that manager because it's an expense we can ill-afford.

Any sort of argument which doesn't accept that reality is, to me, pointless.

If he end his tenure here having:

22/23 - kept us up against odds v better teams in Leicester despite losing Gordon before he arrived, no Jan transfers and DCL being crocked.

23/24 - keeps us up despite two separate points deductions equalling 8 points and no Jan transfers. Potentially with a 40 points plus season (minus points deductions). Iwobi and Gray also sold with replacements only arriving at end of summer window.

24/25 - retains our Pl status despite a further points deduction and sees another improvement in points total. High wage earners in Gomes Dele Doucoure now off the books, PS&R position far better. Safely into the new stadium as a mid table PL team with no PS&R repercussions hanging over the club.

If this turns out to be his legacy I’ll say thankyou very much for an outstanding job in circumstances most other managers would never even have touched let alone actually achieved the remit in. Remember Bielsa took one look at our squad and asked if he could use the academy kids instead for the season after.
Laughable really. We drawf Luton Town, Sheffield United and Burnley in every metric but here I'm supposed to believe Lord Dyche is doing an 'outstanding job' beating them to 17th.

Who would you like to see appointed ?
I haven’t got a name, but I’d like to see a young manager,
Who isn’t stuck in the 80/90’s and wants to play modern football and wants to attack, score goals and go out to win games and not setting up trying not to lose. And will build a young side. And not get in 38yr old liability and play them every week

We would always go on a poor run of form. Every club does. More so as we're threadbare at points and a pretty poor side considering the last 2 seasons.

He's steered the ship and corrected it though. Which is what you want.

And also having the 4th best defence in the league is solid foundations to build from.
Our worst run in over 50 years. It wasn't a handful of games it was a third of a season without a win.

Very few guarantees in football but I'm extremely confident he would keep us up. I've not had much confidence in anything at the club for ages so it's comforting to me

Of course we don't know yet what the squad will look like come the window close ...but as of right now, yes I think he wil keep us up

3 wins in 4 months would suggest otherwise. His system has been found out and it appears that he doesn't have another one. He needs to turn the game in to a basketball match - end to end - to stand any chance of getting anything from the game. And less and less teams play like this now.

Genuine question for people.

Carlo Ancelotti, probably the best manager of all time, certainly one of the best in the world today, had Everton 10th in the PL.

His squad has attacking options of James, Richarlison, DCL, Bernard, Siggurdson, Iwobi, Kean, Gordon.

He also had players such as Mina Digne Allan Doucoure Coleman (younger) and Sidibe to support them.

That lot came tenth under the best manager in world football who eventually reverted to 4 CBs in a wall at the back just to stop us being ran through at home.

What do people think a new manager is going to do with attacking options of: DCL, McNeil, Beto, Chermiti, Dobbin (Harrison and Danjuma returned to parent club)

Unless we go out and get a new manager a new front three of top class attacking players then there’s only so much they can do with a pop gun attack. I’d rather have Bernard Siggurdson Iwobi behind Walcott and that was Carlo’s second string in a side that finished tenth!

If he keeps us up (which currently looks likely), he will be going nowhere regardless of what anyone thinks of him.

The financial reality of our situation means that if we have someone in charge who is likely to keep us in the division, we won't be sacking that manager because it's an expense we can ill-afford.

You know that for definite 🤣🤣🤣

Anybody think that we are not keeping Sean Dyche as manager at the end of this season is absolutely not dealing in reality.

He has twelve months left on his contract and I would say we are struggling to pay his wage every week never mind shelling out several more million to sack him and his staff and then pay several more million to try to get a new manager........ a new manager who will inherit the squad that Dyche had to work with, will almost definitely lost two or three of our better players because of PSR and in all probability have limited funds to work with.

Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job than we are to sack him.

It is coming from a completely deluded opinion of the esteem involved in managing a club that has been on the precipice of relegation for three seasons now.

There is also the uncertainty as well about a possible points deduction next season but hopefully that is unlikely.

In any event, if Everton can pick up only two more points from the remaining five fixtures we will have reached forty points this season, a target many of us would have been happy to accept last August.
Christ I hope you're wrong mate. One way or another a massive rebuilding job has to begin in the summer, I really don't want Dyche involved in that, one can only imagine some of the aging 'bargains' he would want to bring in. I assume you were joking when you said 'Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job' .

Think this is what the case is!
Its not something i agree with. I don't want him anywhere near the place, especially if someone like Moyes comes available
But if his remit is to keep us in the PL while we stabilize, then Dyche fans' argument for him staying would be that he has done that!

Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job than we are to sack him.
Lol, the same Dyche who was unemployed for a year and is on a £5m a year contract + £3m relegation bonus here. He's never walking away from that.

You're right he's going nowhere but that's because we can't afford to sack him and have no board to sack him. The idea he's walking away from millions when there's no safer job in football, regardless of performance or achievement, is laughable.

Genuine question for people.

Carlo Ancelotti, probably the best manager of all time, certainly one of the best in the world today, had Everton 10th in the PL.

His squad has attacking options of James, Richarlison, DCL, Bernard, Siggurdson, Iwobi, Kean, Gordon.

He also had players such as Mina Digne Allan Doucoure Coleman (younger) and Sidibe to support them.

That lot came tenth under the best manager in world football who eventually reverted to 4 CBs in a wall at the back just to stop us being ran through at home.

What do people think a new manager is going to do with attacking options of: DCL, McNeil, Beto, Chermiti, Dobbin (Harrison and Danjuma returned to parent club)

Unless we go out and get a new manager a new front three of top class attacking players then there’s only so much they can do with a pop gun attack. I’d rather have Bernard Siggurdson Iwobi behind Walcott and that was Carlo’s second string in a side that finished tenth!
Caveat to that, we were 2nd at Christmas and the 2nd half of the season, we did have injuries to James, he missed a lot of the 2nd half of the season. As did iwobi, gylfi and DCL, richarlison all missed games. Think Allan and doucoure also had injuries. We also got 59 points, most seasons that’s 7th place. Dyche’s Burnley finished 7th With 54 points.

We were 3 points off 7th and 8 points off 4th.

Lol, the same Dyche who was unemployed for a year and is on a £5m a year contract + £3m relegation bonus here. He's never walking away from that.

You're right he's going nowhere but that's because we can't afford to sack him and have no board to sack him. The idea he's walking away from millions when there's no safer job in football, regardless of performance or achievement, is laughable.
New board and new owners who knows what the future is. But there’s not a chance he manages a club as big as Everton again

You know that for definite 🤣🤣🤣

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think anything else mate

The only transfers we could do last summer were ones which involved zero paid up front. We've got accounts released which say in black and white that there is a doubt as to our viability as a going concern. We are haemorrhaging money in interest payments and you genuinely think we are going to spend money sacking a manager at the moment because we might be able to get a better one?

Until there is a change in ownership and a restructuring of our debts and finances, we will not be sacking a manager who will keep us in the division. You can debate whether we should do or not for reasons about his competency on various issues, but the brass tax of it is that unless we look like we are going down (as happened under Lampard), they won't make a change because it's one we quite literally can't afford to make.

Last edited:
Laughable really. We drawf Luton Town, Sheffield United and Burnley in every metric but here I'm supposed to believe Lord Dyche is doing an 'outstanding job' beating them to 17th.

You do remember don’t you that he’s dealing with an 8 point deduction this season. We’d be 13 points ahead of 17th with a game in hand without it, not even in the conversation for 18th even with our worst ever PL squad, quite literally dwarfing all three of these teams. Thats not even taking into account the points differential which might have occurred in both directions had we not been hit with 10 point deduction with a 2nd charge hanging over us. We might have played with some more confidence and Luton would have given up weeks ago with no hope.