2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think the rebuilding issue revolves around styles more than players per se.
A lot of managers built up the existing squad with a lot of different ideas on how the game should be played.
I dont like the way Dyche plays the game and it's my fear that if he's given the summer, we'll end up with a more cohesive squad, just not one that I'll have any interest in watching.

I remember when Allardyce was in charge, thinking sometimes Bolton were fun to watch with the likes of JJ Okocha.
Dyche is never signing a player like that and if he did, it would be a clip around the lugs the minute the player did anything that got bums out of seats.

I don't think we have the luxury of giving the manager a choice to be honest. I dont see us having anything or much to invest.

At best what we are looking at is Moyes second year and tying to find the equivalent of Kilbane or McFadden, a couple of frees and loan.

Can you name 3 coaches that would potentially come in this summer under ownership upheaval,high possibility of no transfer budget,top players destined to leave and another potential points deduction looming that wound improve us the way he has?

Thats not my job. Are you and others seriously suggesting that there is not one other professional manager (besides the Guardiola's, Ancelotti's etc) in the whole world of football that couldnt do better with this team? There will be plenty, but its for the club to find them.

One of the lowest possession stats in the league
One of the worst pass completion stats in the league
One of, if not the team with least goals from open play in the league.

We are very lucky that the 3 teams below us are so poor this year or we would be gone. The reason we are accepting these awful standards is because the last few managers have been awful appointments, so we are judging the current ones by how bad the last few were.

We will be making at least £120m this summer with Branthwaite and Onana gone. I dont want Dyche anywhere near that money.

We will have to make best use of the loan market, we need to be asking the top clubs in England and Europe to send their promising fringe players to us to gain experience. It won't happen with Dyche here, because their lack of experience would mean he would have them sitting on the bench watching every week. Our summer, should Dyche be here, will be full of delights like one more year for Evergreen Ashley and 60 grand and then we can expect Chris Wood and a couple of random journeymen on frees looking for a last payday. If we use the loan market it will be to take players who aren't good at enough to get a game at their own club, much like us sending Holgate to Sheffield Utd.

Agree to differ mate. :)

Dyche’s limitations are not dependent on the players he has available they are inimical to his brand of football and his inability to manage a game.
These failings are consistent throughout his managerial career.
He is a competent but severely limited manager at best and our future is similarly limited with him in charge.
I don’t expect better football , but I’d like to have some hope of improvement, the thought of more seasons of Dycheball is extremely dispiriting.
And , subjectively, I also find him a very unlikeable and uninspiring figurehead.

All fair enough, I just don't really care about hope of improvement, signs of progress, playing the youngsters, better style or liking the manager right now

I hope the off the field stuff improves and I can start thinking about that stuff again, as this manager and his football is not for me at all.....but until then I just want to stay up and I think that is where most people are at too.

Let's get safe and then we can all meet up in the 777 thread for the summer and see if our club survives or not

Well I’ve seen young on 83k a week from a few different site and I’ve seen £43k so who knows, I’ve seen James garner on 30k and Patterson on less than 20k.
I think it’s a given young players from
The championship or abroad will be on less than an experienced free transfer,
Someone who’s had
The career youngs had
Theres no way we gave Young 80k a week and a 4 mil signing on fee in a summer where we couldn't even put down payments on players and had to sell youngsters just to try and get some money in we're basically using Wonga to keep the club afloat that just isn't a realistic thing to have happened. Young players who are highly rated and in demand know they are and they want paying to show it. The only place I can see saying Young is on 83 is toffeeweb and that has Garner and Patterson much more than you're saying so it seems like a convenient thing to use different sources to make it look like how you want it to look.

Mad that, because neither gray or Iwobi have ever scored over 5 goals in a top flight season

Yet Harrison, Danjuma and Beto have

After the last 2 seasons, winning 38 points from 33 games with this team - with all the chaos at the club is a job well done.

His objective was to keep us in the league.

Whether you like it or not - points on the board - he's improved us. In very difficult circumstances.

I'd take the same again next season.

If we go down. We do a Leeds/Sunderland.

All about kicking the can until the club isn't a complete basketcase.

Time to take our medicine.
1 no guarantee dyche keeps us up,
He couldn’t keep Burnley up
2 why would we do a Sunderland or Leeds,
How do you know this? Or are you guessing 🤣

Theres no way we gave Young 80k a week and a 4 mil signing on fee in a summer where we couldn't even put down payments on players and had to sell youngsters just to try and get some money in we're basically using Wonga to keep the club afloat that just isn't a realistic thing to have happened.
We paid 3 mil for danjuma. And I guarantee we paid agents millions for doing deals for us

We paid 3 mil for danjuma. And I guarantee we paid agents millions for doing deals for us
Of course we did because agents won't work for free you pay them whether its a free transfer or not though in fact a lot of them work on a percentage basis so the higher the fee the more you pay the agent.

I've give the man a bit of grief recently, deserved I thought not winning for so long but at the end of the day he's 8points better off and I don't care what anyone says, them points deductions and all the "noise" around it absolutely had an effect on the Club, Players and fans and is totally unacceptable in my eyes what they've done to us and Forest this season, disgusting the bias shown really.

Anyway, if we stay up and he stays, he really has to progress us as an attacking force.

1 no guarantee dyche keeps us up,
He couldn’t keep Burnley up
2 why would we do a Sunderland or Leeds,
How do you know this? Or are you guessing 🤣

1. Didn't say at any point he'd guarantee to keep us up.

As for Dyche at Burnley, as I've already educated you;

The reality is - he took over Burnley from Eddie Howe when they were 14th in October in the Championship. He got promoted/finished 2nd that same season he joined - went straight back down as favourites to finish bottom No shock, surprise, or disgrace there.

He then pissed the championship as winners/got them straight back up, and had a below par and under resourced team - favourites/tipped for relegation every season - survive 5 years. He was then sacked with 8 games to go the season they did go down. They wouldn't have gone down either if they didn't lose their striker Chris Wood that January.

Sean Dyche has improved us/our results having not spent anything.

You might want Bielsa, Potter or whoever hipster choice - but guess what mate? They don't want Everton.

2. We're all guessing - it's a football forum for opinions. My view is our team - including half of yesterdays starting 11 will be gone in a few weeks - would not cope with the expectation/intensity/consistency of the Championship. We'd be every teams cup final at Bramley Moore. We wouldn't bounce back. Our finances would dictate we do a Sunderland/Leeds - as in, stay stuck down there for a prolonged period.

After surviving relegation by the skin of our teeth for two seasons - Evertonians overwhelming voted that surviving relegation was this seasons objective. That was before playing 4 months with a 10 point deduction and potentially more hanging over us. That was before 8 point deduction was confirmed.

If your view is hire another manager for a rebuild because you don't like Dyche or believe he's progressive enough to have us kick on - fair enough. What I'll continue to say is I don't expect us to be able to spend big money to attract a different type of manager who can bring players in the progress us to play.

If Dyche left tomorrow - who are we bringing in and what do you expect of them with this squad? Higher than 14th? lol

Have you ever give names or do you just hide behind "loads in Europe"?

Thats not my job. Are you and others seriously suggesting that there is not one other professional manager (besides the Guardiola's, Ancelotti's etc) in the whole world of football that couldnt do better with this team? There will be plenty, but its for the club to find them.

One of the lowest possession stats in the league
One of the worst pass completion stats in the league
One of, if not the team with least goals from open play in the league.

We are very lucky that the 3 teams below us are so poor this year or we would be gone. The reason we are accepting these awful standards is because the last few managers have been awful appointments, so we are judging the current ones by how bad the last few were.

We will be making at least £120m this summer with Branthwaite and Onana gone. I dont want Dyche anywhere near that money.

Who ever the manager is will have none of that money to spend.

Potter has criticised Brighton fans for booing, and plays out from the back, he wouldn't last 6 months at Everton haha

I rate Thomas Frank, but even he has less points than Dyche this season and has had years to get his team together...

He was fuming at Brentfords fans for showing discontent when behind at Chelsea. He'd be demented here.

I don't think we have the luxury of giving the manager a choice to be honest. I dont see us having anything or much to invest.

At best what we are looking at is Moyes second year and tying to find the equivalent of Kilbane or McFadden, a couple of frees and loan.
Say we conservatively get $100m for Branthwaite and Onana?
I'd expect at least half of that to be reinvested in the squad.
Also some big wages off the books.
New owners, who ever they are, will hope to make an impression.
There's 4 loans spots and about 2 decent signings there.

Mad that, because neither gray or Iwobi have ever scored over 5 goals in a top flight season

Yet Harrison, Danjuma and Beto have

If you want Harrison McNeil Danjuma over Gordon Iwobi and Gray then that’s fine. I don’t really like either group but I await Newcastle bidding 40 mill for McNeil and him being called up to the England squad and I’m sure Fulham will be readying their 20 mill bid for Harrison as we speak.

Honestly we can keep arguing this all we want, if you genuinely think this squad is a decent squad of players capable of finishing substantially higher playing progressive attacking football then that’s fine but my opinion is they’re not and I don’t think I could be convinced otherwise. Likeable lads that they are, McNeil Harrison DCl Beto Chermiti Dobbin are not even decent PL attacking options. They’re lower bottom half in my view.