2023/24 Sean Dyche

What you need to understand Cjplennon is that for some people, being negative online is a coping mechanism..

This you mate?
IMG_3093.jpeg

It must be nice to be from an era where this current team doesn't resemble Everton. As somebody who's only been going for 30 years I've seen Everton play like they are now a lot more than i've seen anything else.
I understand your feelings completely, my grandson has seen the same as yourself, he younger than you 28, but loves them as much as me. I started watching long ago and saw mainly very poor Everton teams and relegation was not a surprise when it came. Then more poor years with two losing semi finals the highlights plus a promotion then more poor years until John Moore’s took over and we were great to watch but that didn’t last long enough and neither did The Kendall years. Then Kenwright bought the club, for nothing, and that brings you up to date to where we are now: These really are the worst days of Everton’s football history: Jimmy you were born too late to see some really brilliant days, hopefully you will see better ones, I think Dyche has steadied the ship, for now, saved us from complete disaster, I think, this season and we will have to see what transpires when we are taken over in the near future.

It must be nice to be from an era where this current team doesn't resemble Everton. As somebody who's only been going for 30 years I've seen Everton play like they are now a lot more than i've seen anything else.
And this is the decline summed up in two sentences.

I am 51, so when I supported Everton in my boyhood we were one of the mightiest clubs in the land. This was before the Kendall era when the team was poor, but the club was regarded as a leading light in the game. Goodison was one of the greatest stadiums in the country. A few years later, we became the best team in Europe - and we set standards.

Then Bill Kenwright joined the board and the rest is history...rather like the club, now.

I'm sure there would have been no shortage of managers willing to manage us for £5M a year. This makes him the 6th highest paid manager in the PL and presumably therefore one of the highest paid in the world.
Shows where we are as a club then when we have to overpay for everything. There is no pull for anyone to go to Everton at the present time without it being purely a financial one.

What you need to understand Cjplennon is that for some people, being negative online is a coping mechanism. We could be top of the league and some on 'ere would be ripping into one of our squad players. There simply had to be a better free signing than Ashley Young, no proof that there was, but listening to the voices in their heads, there just had to be.

The internet is a tool for beta's who feel voiceless in the world to vent their frustrations out to the rest of us. Unfortunately we have little option but to listen to the never ending bed wetting.
Amen, brother!! It just really whips me up. Ill put it to bed.

I understand your feelings completely, my grandson has seen the same as yourself, he younger than you 28, but loves them as much as me. I started watching long ago and saw mainly very poor Everton teams and relegation was not a surprise when it came. Then more poor years with two losing semi finals the highlights plus a promotion then more poor years until John Moore’s took over and we were great to watch but that didn’t last long enough and neither did The Kendall years. Then Kenwright bought the club, for nothing, and that brings you up to date to where we are now: These really are the worst days of Everton’s football history: Jimmy you were born too late to see some really brilliant days, hopefully you will see better ones, I think Dyche has steadied the ship, for now, saved us from complete disaster, I think, this season and we will have to see what transpires when we are taken over in the near future.
100%. I just cant understand how more folk cant see this! Have we had a bad run, yes, would we have more points now without deductions tham we have for quite a few season, yes. A bad run doesnt make a season and sometimes you have to play horrible football to get what you need.

Shows where we are as a club then when we have to overpay for everything. There is no pull for anyone to go to Everton at the present time without it being purely a financial one.
It’s the precedent set by Moshiri. Not convinced to join? Here’s another £20k a week and so on until they give in.

Overpaying for dross is what’s gotten us here sadly. Mourinho said it ages ago, we should have been buying the Richarlisons of the world and selling them on for profit.

Why do you think Dyche is here? He sat unemployed for a year, the only job he was even rumoured to be linked to was Norwich and they went for David Wagner instead lol. Sean Dyche is on a total package of £8m here, that's absolutely ridiculous for a manager who has never graduated beyond the ABC of football, we could find a manager in League 1 who could do that and pay them £500k a year and save a fortune.

Q: What do Ange Postecoglu, Thomas Frank, David Moyes, Eddie Howe, Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Roberto De Zerbi, and Andoni Iraola all have in common?

A: They are all on less money than what Dyche is on.

I know things are a mess but we are not seeing £8m worth of manager on show here imo.

And this is the decline summed up in two sentences.

I am 51, so when I supported Everton in my boyhood we were one of the mightiest clubs in the land. This was before the Kendall era when the team was poor, but the club was regarded as a leading light in the game. Goodison was one of the greatest stadiums in the country. A few years later, we became the best team in Europe - and we set standards.

Then Bill Kenwright joined the board and the rest is history...rather like the club, now.
I'm 70, I started going at the beginning of the 62-63 championship season and I have seen som great teams and fabulous players in that time. Unfortunately, it's been somewhere between ok to poor between 1995 and the start of the Moshiri era and somewhere between very poor and dire since Moshiri came in. This current mess is not of Dyche's making, it's a gradual decline of the club through incompetence from the top down. That having been said, even though Dyche is not the biggest problem, he is not the man to take us forward. I accept that he is likely to stay until the end of his contract, but, I would rather him go at the end of this season whether we stay up or go down.

That having been said, even though Dyche is not the biggest problem, he is not the man to take us forward. I accept that he is likely to stay until the end of his contract, but, I would rather him go at the end of this season whether we stay up or go down.
I have no problem with people who are an advocate of sacking Dyche but what do you expect from a new manager. The club can't afford to bring in better players and a 'better' manager is unlikely to bring out better performances from the existing players.
I would love to see a more possession based, free flowing, attacking style of football but does anyone honestly believe that Everton have the finances and the recruitment in place to have a squad capable of doing that by the start of next season?

My take on Dyche is he can take a lot of credit if we stay up. He inherited an utter shitshow. However, if we have new ambitious onwnership over the summer, then I think it would be eminently possible to upgrade. The reality - it seems to me - is that we won't. Even if we have new ownership, I very much doubt it will be ambitious for the club. In that case, Dyche is not the main problem and, frankly, remains the best man in these circumstances for the job - which is not to entertain but to survive.

I wouldn't trust our current owner to upgrade successfully. Nor would I trust Josh Wander to.

Q: What do Ange Postecoglu, Thomas Frank, David Moyes, Eddie Howe, Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Roberto De Zerbi, and Andoni Iraola all have in common?

A: They are all on less money than what Dyche is on.

I know things are a mess but we are not seeing £8m worth of manager on show here imo.
The sad truth is we almost paid the same for Lampard.

I mean Moyes and Emery are managers to be succesful in different clubs for a certain period of time, Dyche more ore less with Burnley too, not on the level of the other 2.

Emery trained 2 top 20 clubs in Europe with Villarreal and Sevilla. Won European titles, was in a CL semi etc.

Last edited: