2023/24 Sean Dyche

Do we all agree the football is horrendous to watch at times though

I get it’s effective with the current players we have and their ability but come on
It must just be me, but I honestly dont notice the bad football.

Sure I see attacks break down in the final 3rd over and over again, but the style, I dont have a problem with, results are what I look for.

Dont really care about this xG nonsense, 3 points only.

It must just be me, but I honestly dont notice the bad football.

Sure I see attacks break down in the final 3rd over and over again, but the style, I dont have a problem with, results are what I look for.

Dont really care about this xG nonsense, 3 points only.
His style of play means we always have to score first in order to get a result

If we concede the first goal we have no chance of getting anything as our record is horrendous this season from coming back from behind

This is why losing Branthwaite would be massive for us because the defensive solidarity he current has is the reason why we have stayed up

I notice the bad football. There are times when we build from midfield and progress the ball forward and it's not too ugly. But there have been a lot of matches where it's been non-stop hoofball and I wonder how it came to this.

They kind of proved their own point wrong, making them all to be absolutely abysmal (despite having just managed to score enough points to be top 10) and not giving them credit for being as good as they are.

And they named 7 players who play nearly every game which is most of the team.
Is Dyche a good manager? Yep.

I get it’s effective with the current players we have and their ability but come on
i also accept that I would rather watch better football.

It's not always. Much of my frustration comes from the fact that I have a better touch than many of our attacking players.

I enjoy the high press when it's warranted, creates a lot of our chances. I also appreciate the pragmatic approach to defending.

What I don't appreciate is when our striker is all alone, or we have a donkey at the 10 spot.

A previous poster suggested that Dyche was a similar manager to Ancelotti, Mourinho and Simone in style. It was an odd comparison given the levels of success and status in the game.
👍
point was about style not success.
think he was purposely taking it out of context.

122 Prem games under Dyche, 5 assists.
That was his second assist of the season, he didn't get any more.

Like I get you love the guy but can we not pretend he's had no good players or options ever and that he'll become somehow magnificent after proving he's limited for a decade?

….’loving the guy’ is a very emotive term, I assure you I don’t ’love the guy’ but I rate him highly.

I’ve set out my case in another thread for believing his keeping us up was a brilliant management achievement, it’s my view that is right.

There is an argument, however, that he’s one way of playing and could never manage a team with greater quality and the ability to be competitive nearer the top of the league. I actually think he might if some of the stuff earlier in the season is anything to go by. I think there are lazy stereotypes about Dyche and a bit of snobbery that he shouldn’t be managing our club.

Regardless, I accept the doubt as reasonable and possibly correct but I have a feeling he could be better than most think.

We can agree to differ about his part in our future but I will always argue strongly about his achievement in our past.

the one thing about dyche you can’t deny his stubbornness and reluctance to try something new and change his ways.

We could have the best 18 year olds in world football playing in our reserves but they would just get ignored for a veteran player who has “experience” because they’ve got 400 appearances.

Im not saying dobbin is world class or anything but why wasnt he starting against Sheffield United. He scores against Chelsea and disappears into obscurity with the occasional 94th minute appearance. I know he has had his injury problems but Sheffield United would have been the perfect game to start him. Don’t even get me started on the Ashley young debarcle.