2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
football is a very fickle industry

you can have someone like pochettino binned off despite reaching a cup final and getting into europe and almost getting into the champions league and swatting teams 6-0 and 5-0 towards the end of the season and you can also get relegated and be rewarded with one of the best jobs in football by becoming bayern munich manager

heck even Ten Haag might still get sacked after winning the fa cup this season

but i think we can all agree on one thing

whilst our club is a mess and is in turmoil, dyche is the right manager for now to steady the ship and get us back on course

is he the right manager to lead us to glory? who knows only time will tell however it seems unlikely. At the end of the day his football is very negative and defensive and lacks creativity and that type of football may be effective in getting towards that magical 40 number after 38 games and maybe a couple of quarter finals but it aint going to win you any trophies.

if you are satisfied with that then good for you, but if some of the fanbase wants loftier ambitions for the club then their voice should not be denied or criticised.

you can have someone like pochettino binned off despite reaching a cup final and getting into europe and almost getting into the champions league and swatting teams 6-0 and 5-0 towards the end of the season and you can also get relegated and be rewarded with one of the best jobs in football by becoming bayern munich manager

whilst our club is a mess and is in turmoil, dyche is the right manager for now to steady the ship and get us back on course

is he the right manager to lead us to glory? who knows only time will tell however it seems unlikely. At the end of the day his football is very negative and defensive and lacks creativity and that type of football may be effective in getting towards that magical 40 number after 38 games and maybe a couple of quarter finals but it aint going to win you any trophies.

if you are satisfied with that then good for you, but if some of the fanbase wants loftier ambitions for the club then their voice should not be denied or criticised.
what are you dribbling on about

I want Everton to be successful again and compete for trophies. But we’re miles away from it at the minute. Dyche will do me for now and I welcome the day when we can turn our minds to whether the footy is entertaining enough instead of worrying about survival, be it due to points deductions or finances lol

You don’t win the Olympic high jump gold by starting in an 8 foot trench. I’d like to see us get to ground level before the loftier ambitions kick in.

I want Everton to be successful again and compete for trophies. But we’re miles away from it at the minute. Dyche will do me for now and I welcome the day when we can turn our minds to whether the footy is entertaining enough instead of worrying about survival, be it due to points deductions or finances lol
It’s kinda crazy to think that up until 89 we were the second most successful club in the country

It doesn’t feel like it was even that long ago even though it has been 35 years and we have only won 1 trophy since then

I grew up on nsno, dogs of war, school of science and thought Moyes and Rooney were going to be our saviour and bring back the good times

Can’t believe that times are so bleak currently perhaps the worst they have even been in my lifetime

Can only pray that the new stadium is a beacon for new hope and that the glory days are just around the corner again

It’s kinda crazy to think that up until 89 we were the second most successful club in the country

It doesn’t feel like it was even that long ago even though it has been 35 years and we have only won 1 trophy since then

I grew up on nsno, dogs of war, school of science and thought Moyes and Rooney were going to be our saviour and bring back the good times

Can’t believe that times are so bleak

Can only pray that the new stadium is a beacon for new hope and that the glory days are just around the corner
Yeah my first big Everton memory was losing the 89 cup final to the RS. I was 8. Kind of assumed we’d be playing in cup finals every year and competing for trophies and it didn’t really play out like that lol

Hello guys. Take it you’ve seen the survey of Evertonians by our esteemed website owner @GrandOldTeam ?

Let’s just leave an acute analysis from an award winning journalist right here.

I think it would be funnier if you found all those slating Branthwaite around the game (brentford?) he got sent off in.

Then did a poll on how wrong they were.

I was at almost every joe royle game. You dont also remember the dogs of war? Royle's teams were based on hard work and he did have a far better squad. Though i did at times have an issue with him regarding limpar. I dont think royle knew or trusted he had two exceptional wingers because he benched limpar to many times for me. Bizare given kanchleskis got all the plaudits for anfield. But it was limpar pulling the strings.
I think with Moyes it wasn't necessarily the scrappy football that was getting to people but more the cowardliness of it against bigger sides. Even under Dyche when we've gone to the bigger sides we're often under the cosh but we do at least attempt to have some kind of attacking threat on the counter. With Moyes it was just sit in and hope for a set piece at best. And Phil Neville said Moyes' mantra when away to the bigger sides was "let's get out of here alive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back