Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

Think you said it earlier, convinced a lot don't watch the games, think someone said they were actually in the gym yesterday. Someone else a week ago went to a non league game. Both spend most weeks in here doing the faux ambition bit. Its part of a bigger inferiority complex. Most people don't want to support Everton, they want to support a top 6 club, so loose sight of the wellbeing to the club and what's required incrementally get it there. Event junkies who think Everton is for their entertainment.

There is going to be a huge degree of instability at the club with the transition to BMD, unless we win our first game, there is going to be huge pressure on the club to do just that, game on game. There is an argument for some degree of stability and continuity - i think that's a judgment call.

Interestingly i believe the TFG have already spoken to Thelwell about extending his contract.

I'm convinced that most people are not watching games, they're listening to them. Telly on but scrolling through their phones/pads all game looking for other people's comments on the match.

That's the only way I can understand how anyone thought Newcastle were terrorising the Everton goal yesterday...because it wasn't happening in reality and only by listening to the rubbish tv commentary from Carragher and his co-commentator (such a non-mark I cant even recall his name) would they state that "the dominant" Newcastle were "constantly breaking through Everton lines" and had a "host of chances".

That didn't happen. The commentary was completely bogus to what the eyes were showing you. But it seems that's what the bulk of critics have been basing their critique of the game on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back