Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

I don't have a problem with the thinking that Dyche had to play this way in the previous two years. In both of those years we had terrible squads with more or less the least creative players in the league it seemed. The fact he kept us up in both seasons proved him right in my eyes.

However, with the full back areas as glaring exceptions, I see the squad this season as being better than anything Dyche has had before, yet the football is absolutely no different. I don't subscribe to the idea that we **have** to be playing the way we do now, and tbh it's working against him because I've gone from being a Dyche advocate on the basis of his achievements over the last 2 years to now being firmly of the opinion that he needs to leave in the summer (or sooner if we end up in a dogfight).

There's a light at the end of the tunnel with new ownership and stadium revenues just coming down the track and Dyche is doing nothing at all to convince me (or anyone else I speak to) that he should be the one that is entrusted with taking us into that era.

I see this season as the last one in the post-Ancelottti era where we are going to have to grin and bear it, but I can't accept this Brexitball stuff next season when the bar should be much higher.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back