2024/25 Sean Dyche

Which bit is sensationalism? He’s spot on.
What he's saying is right but it is a bit sensationalist too like someone has just said of course we've got the same problems as last year its basically the same team so why is it such a shock or worth commenting on? Thats why I can't understand the collective headloss from so many fans this week like it was a bad start yes but thats what happens when you're crap and we are crap theres no getting away from it our aim is to stay in the league and we're no less likely to do that now than we were at 1pm on Saturday but you'd think we'd suffered some sort of catastrophic setback the way most fans are acting.

I get your point but personally Id take the same results. 48 points. I'd take that now. I think that's as good as we can hope for - we were fortunate with injuries last season.

I would too but it's not quite the same team, especially if DCL leaves. We also have a very thin squad again, we really did well with injuries last season and who knows if that will continue.

I share some of the doubts about a Gana-PSR Tim midfield pairing someone mentioned yesterday, which means Garner should be playing most games when fit to me. Which also means one of our more effective players will be on the bench (I'm not a huge Gana fan at this point in his career but his 2nd half resurgence helped keep us up last year). Think we also lack a body there, we could at least bring Gomes on in the 2nd half of the season.

We're only older in the back four, which is bad especially at the fullback spots.

It feels stale without playing those guys. Sitting still will get us in trouble.

Did his bit last season. Posted at the time if he kept us up it was time to review. I look around this league and at different levels most teams have something. I look at us and i see virtually nothing. Technically Doucoure is one of the worst players in this league. He's almost a guarenteed starter under Dyche. That doucoure is getting regular starts says so much more than just about one player. It says about our approach and style of play.
Theres a lot more that can be chalked as problems. But the doucoure contract is so much bigger an issue. It reflects how Everton are. We've no interest in trying to improve. We actively encourage just being a basic grafting side that pine for set pieces.

We should have sacked him right after season ended. It would have been bold and proactive move. And dont tell me "oh we couldnt have because who would do that" bs. Now we are infront of same problems with same sorry a z z players and manager. Boooooo

In 4 years, between 2019 and 2023, Oliver Glasners teams have 4 less goals than Sean Dyche’s teams over his entire top flight caree
To add, his worst season as a coach ended with 45 goals, after 34 games.

Would mean 49 goals in 38 games, something that only Silva achieved in the last 7 years at Everton.

And 49 goals is an average value in a league, we're appalling at that and yet we have a manager that isn't known for having a good balance between both and players. That our attackers couldn't finish last season worsed it even more.

We should have sacked him right after season ended. It would have been bold and proactive move. And dont tell me "oh we couldnt have because who would do that" bs. Now we are infront of same problems with same sorry a z z players and manager. Boooooo
We haven't got an owner or a board or any money being bold and proactive with that type of decision isn't actually a good move for us right now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back