2024/25 Sean Dyche

What he's saying is right but it is a bit sensationalist too like someone has just said of course we've got the same problems as last year its basically the same team so why is it such a shock or worth commenting on? Thats why I can't understand the collective headloss from so many fans this week like it was a bad start yes but thats what happens when you're crap and we are crap theres no getting away from it our aim is to stay in the league and we're no less likely to do that now than we were at 1pm on Saturday but you'd think we'd suffered some sort of catastrophic setback the way most fans are acting.
Agree with most of that but would just say that you can use the close season to bed in new players,then, to raise spirits by a bullish performance with the new boys against Brighton. The team sheet was rotten. It deflated the old lady . Its cast a gloom over us. Just my tuppence worth.

He's right to be fair;

• Where are the goals going to come from? Where’s the energy? There’s no youth. No legs.

No pace. No goals.

People tell me we've improved and point to NDiaye/Lindstrom but time will tell.

This above anything else is the key point that moves the dial.

Not since Lukaku Barkley Mirallas have we given an Everton manager an attack with speed, technique, and even adequate depth (they had Deulofeu Jelavic Naismith Kone behind it - whether you consider it depth or not its deeper than anything since)

Far too often an Everton manager’s choice is between a slow hard working defensive player, or an inconsistent flair
player with very little end product.

We don’t move up the table unless the quality at the top end of the pitch improves considerably.

Agree with most of that but would just say that you can use the close season to bed in new players,then, to raise spirits by a bullish performance with the new boys against Brighton. The team sheet was rotten. It deflated the old lady . Its cast a gloom over us. Just my tuppence worth.
I sort of agree with you I was disappointed when I saw the team sheet mainly with Keane playing I would have quite liked Ndiaye to play but I wasn't really surprised with that one and Lindstrom I would have been shocked if he played really he hasn't impressed in pre season apart from that one free kick I think its understandable that he needs time coming from a new country and hardly having played last year he's the type that if he played and got injured people would be saying it was obvious that would happen and it was negligent to play him. All that to one side the crowd wasn't deflated for the first hour of the game because we weren't that bad it was only when everything went wrong in the space of a few minutes that the crowd turned and obviously that last half an hour was terrible theres no getting around that.

Who looked better or at least competent in preseason? Even if Dixon can't do anything more than run faster and defend 1v1, that's improvement on Ash.

The only thing people want is for Dyche to stop persisting with garbage we already know doesn't work. Take a risk from time to time...
Sean sees his job as minimizing risks.

I think we’re stuck with him until new owners come in and realise he’s not the long term answer.

Dyche has some huge blind spots. The obsession with Keane, Ashley Cole and doucoure.

The lack of a right back or any form of a decent goal scorer is so obvious yet him and the Conk seem to either not think it’s an issue or haven’t got round to sorting it.

Said on commentary against Brighton we scored 15 less goals than the next lowest team last season.

Stevie wonder can see the need for a goal scorer. Surely the guy at Blackburn who went for 10m and scored 27 was worth looking at?
It`s not just a front man we need, we probably need a 10 with some goals and a couple of wingers who will contribute... our whole front 4 of McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure and DCL are just not good enough. DCL might be better with better wingers and a better 10, that might be partly solved by Lindstrom and NDaiye but we still don`t know yet because we haven`t seen them in competitive games in their correct position.

Look at Danjuma scoring goals already, it is a disgrace how Dyche treated him...

Richard Keys has raised his concerns on Dycke as our manager.

Richard Keys has admitted that he is not sure how Everton can get better following their horror opening-day defeat at home to Brighton.
Everton were played off the park in their 3-0 defeat to Brighton at Goodison Park in the opening weekend of their Premier League season.
The Toffees looked out of sorts and completely shell-shocked as Brighton dominated the home side and walked away with three points from Merseyside.
Keys conceded that they could not have started the season any worse but is not certain how they are going to get better given their problems on and off the pitch. He stressed that Everton lack goals and energy in the team and Ashley Young should not be starting games for them in the Premier League given he is 39.

The veteran broadcaster is more worried for Everton as they could still face more points sanctions from the Premier League for breaking PSR like the previous season.

Keys wrote on his personal blog: “What a start it was for Everton.
“It really couldn’t have been much worse. What worries me is not how bad it was – more that I can’t see how it gets better.”

He wrote later in the blog: “But Everton? Wow. They looked so bad.
“They’ve got all the same problems as last season. Where are the goals going to come from? Where’s the energy? There’s no youth. No legs.
“Young’s sending off was an accident waiting to happen. He’s a terrific pro who’s had a wonderful career – but playing at full-back at 39?
“I’m genuinely worried for the Toffees. There’s so much sh*t still to come down the line off the field I don’t know where they turn for answers on it.”

Everton have another tough fixture next weekend when they will visit north London to take on Tottenham.
Keys not wrong at all... all pre season to come up with that performance.

Poor poor manager in PL terms, plays to "not lose" rather than playing "to win".... the guy has always been a loser, never been a winner so I`m not sure how can talk about anything in that respect.

The performances and the positions we find ourselves in the last few seasons are his level, it wont change whilst he is still in charge and any players with any form of attacking flair and pace will continue to be bombed off by this idiot.

I don’t want him sacked but I don’t want him getting a new deal. The guys a dinosaur and the Premier League has passed him by tactically. If 30 points kept you up, he’d be happy with 30 nil-nils.

He's effective at what he does, but he belongs at Burnley or Stoke. The football he produces is awful and Everton are reducing themselves to resort to it.

As long as we're just happy staying up then he's a good manager to have.

Richard Keys has raised his concerns on Dycke as our manager.

Richard Keys has admitted that he is not sure how Everton can get better following their horror opening-day defeat at home to Brighton.
Everton were played off the park in their 3-0 defeat to Brighton at Goodison Park in the opening weekend of their Premier League season.
The Toffees looked out of sorts and completely shell-shocked as Brighton dominated the home side and walked away with three points from Merseyside.
Keys conceded that they could not have started the season any worse but is not certain how they are going to get better given their problems on and off the pitch. He stressed that Everton lack goals and energy in the team and Ashley Young should not be starting games for them in the Premier League given he is 39.

The veteran broadcaster is more worried for Everton as they could still face more points sanctions from the Premier League for breaking PSR like the previous season.

Keys wrote on his personal blog: “What a start it was for Everton.
“It really couldn’t have been much worse. What worries me is not how bad it was – more that I can’t see how it gets better.”

He wrote later in the blog: “But Everton? Wow. They looked so bad.
“They’ve got all the same problems as last season. Where are the goals going to come from? Where’s the energy? There’s no youth. No legs.
“Young’s sending off was an accident waiting to happen. He’s a terrific pro who’s had a wonderful career – but playing at full-back at 39?
“I’m genuinely worried for the Toffees. There’s so much sh*t still to come down the line off the field I don’t know where they turn for answers on it.”

Everton have another tough fixture next weekend when they will visit north London to take on Tottenham.
Just not correct to say we were played off the park, better side for much of the first half. Heads did go second half at 2nil. Would not be at all surprised if we finish higher than them.

He's effective at what he does, but he belongs at Burnley or Stoke. The football he produces is awful and Everton are reducing themselves to resort to it.

As long as we're just happy staying up then he's a good manager to have.
Do you believe we have the facilities to do anything more than staying up?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back