2024/25 Sean Dyche

Oh and @roy vernon - this is you at your lowest ever as a fan, the week before Dyche;

... and this is you when we appointed him;

He performed that miracle.

He then kept us up the following season, having not spent a penny and with big point deductions as a consequence of that mental owner you referred to.

He's had to operate with a DOF who had the option of 0 upfront transfers and ensure the club made a profit in every transfer window he's been here.

He's 18 months in, not 2.5 years, yet.

"smart arse" "egotistical" "the football is dire"

"we only stayed up because lesser teams..."

Can the guy get no credit at all, no?

If we weren't in the mire, he wouldn't be our manager - as he said himself.

Hopefully he can keep our heads above water until ownership is sorted, and we can kick on but it baffles me how fans hate the bloke.
I don’t hate him to be honest.
I actually think he’s ok as a person.
But as a football manager he coaches terrible football that I personally find excruciatingly dull , limited and lacking any courage or anything remotely exemplary.
Did I mention unimaginative?
I certainly wouldn’t pay to watch it , but unfortunately I have !😃
Apart from all that he’s sound 👍

My position has never changed on Dyche, his only virtue is that he can grind out results and, thus far, has kept us up. As soon as there is any stability at the club he has to go. I do give him credit and as you've obviously been looking through my posting history on this thread you are aware of that, I don't call for help m to be sacked, as long as he keeps us up, but, at the end of his class contract he has to go, with our thanks.
I will never be satisfied with him as an Everton manager because I've been around too long and his football makes my eyes bleed, however, he does himself no favours with his arrogance, deflection and smartarsery, he is almost as difficult to like as Benitez or Allardyce.
He has, as you rightly say, a year left on his contract and still think, despite what I think of him, he should see that out, but, provided we have new owners, under no circumstances should he get another contract.

I just put your posts older than the day he signed.

Didn't say your opinion changed mate and even if it did - that's sound. Opinions should change.

But I think some of us perhaps are too quick to forget the mess he has to deal with.

But as a football manager he coaches terrible football that I personally find excruciatingly dull , limited and lacking any courage or anything remotely exemplary.

He's a pragmatist and he's doing what managers in any walk of life should do. Manage the resources he has.

I expect dull football with McNeil, Harrison and Doucoure in the final third with Mykolenko and Young as full backs. But if dull football keeps us up then I'll take it.

we are as one

Is there any shining light at all. His game plan is awful. But when you see errors like Gueyes for the 2nd goal on sat. Teams must know we cant play a passing game.
I cant see any positives.

He's a pragmatist and he's doing what managers in any walk of life should do. Manage the resources he has.

I expect dull football with McNeil, Harrison and Doucoure in the final third with Mykolenko and Young as full backs. But if dull football keeps us up then I'll take it.
I’ve never seen him play differently.
Players who served under Allardyce at Bolton commented on the fact that he spent a lot of time coaching defensive tactics but none at all on attacking. When asked he apparently told the players to use their own intuition.
I suspect Dyche is cut from the same cloth, and it shows.
I prefer a manager who is more tactically astute , and who acknowledges that attacking is as important as defending.
Watching us at the moment is like watching a boxer being outboxed, outmatched and pinned against the ropes hoping he can get a chance to deliver a sucker punch .
Little contest just hope.

I like him but I just wish he was a bit more adaptable. The diagonal balls weren't working but he still sent the team out for 30 minutes in the second half doing the same.
Have we had a proactive manager (apart from Carlo) since Moyes?

I’ve never seen him play differently.
Players who served under Allardyce at Bolton commented on the fact that he spent a lot of time coaching defensive tactics but none at all on attacking. When asked he apparently told the players to use their own intuition.
I suspect Dyche is cut from the same cloth, and it shows.
I prefer a manager who is more tactically astute , and who acknowledges that attacking is as important as defending.
Watching us at the moment is like watching a boxer being outboxed, outmatched and pinned against the ropes hoping he can get a chance to deliver a sucker punch .
Little contest just hope.
I feel like that was Moyes too. I recall players (maybe ours, maybe not) saying that "defense is drilled, attacking is instinct"?

Thought 1) 'In Theory', Dyche is a relegation fighting manager.
Thought 2) He avoided relegation - so far do good
Thought 3) But without the points deduction though we were '12th' and the internal blue tinted specs kids us we're a decent team
Thought 4) Therefore; Dyche is now not the Manager to move us much higher - Dyche Out?? QED etc
Thought 5) Dyche aided and abetted by his own team selections oversaw a 0-3 loss at home
Now we're bottom of the league.
Thought 6) 'In Theory' Dyche is a relegation fighting manager
Thought 7) Off we go again and - as yet, it hasn't got to the stage where the answer to the question...anyway who would you get in to replace him is - Anybody! starting with the Tea Lady and working through all the usual suspects
Thought 8) One game at a time
Thought 9) for now (what date do the clocks go back?)

Always bangs on about having 10 years PL experience and then gets absolutely schooled by a manager younger than me on his first day.

10 years experience and he is deploying exactly the same methods and tactics as he did in his first year… he has not changed style, tactics or improved his management skills in any way ..

He is a relegation , backs to the wall ,work hard and stop the opposition manager… and he always will be

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.