2024/25 Sean Dyche

10 years experience and he is deploying exactly the same methods and tactics as he did in his first year… he has not changed style, tactics or improved his management skills in any way ..

He is a relegation , backs to the wall ,work hard and stop the opposition manager… and he always will be
Is this because of the same type of player he always works with? Would he work different with technically better players? In my opinion there is one constant in our struggles. We have the same players. These players are not good enoug, hence the position we find ourselves in. How do we get a full reset?

I don’t hate him to be honest.
I actually think he’s ok as a person.
But as a football manager he coaches terrible football that I personally find excruciatingly dull , limited and lacking any courage or anything remotely exemplary.
Did I mention unimaginative?
I certainly wouldn’t pay to watch it , but unfortunately I have !😃
Apart from all that he’s sound 👍
Arrogant dinosaur.

You can have that little bit of arrogance when you are a Pep or a Carlo.

When you are a Sean, then definitely not.

Arrogant dinosaur.

You can have that little bit of arrogance when you are a Pep or a Carlo.

When you are a Sean, then definitely not.
I dunno, when you know the club needs to bring 2000 fans a week through the turnstiles just to pay your wages... that's gotta make you feel like you've got pretty big balls. With obscene money usually comes arrogance.

That's why the likes of Holgate, Keane, Maupay, Beto will never be offloaded for money as they're earning far too much for their level of talent.

I dunno, when you know the club needs to bring 2000 fans a week through the turnstiles just to pay your wages... that's gotta make you feel like you've got pretty big balls. With obscene money usually comes arrogance.

That's why the likes of Holgate, Keane, Maupay, Beto will never be offloaded for money as they're earning far too much for their level of talent.
I cannot believe that Keane is still here.

Seems like he has been stinking the place out for a decade.

I wonder who decided to extend that contract?

Is this because of the same type of player he always works with? Would he work different with technically better players? In my opinion there is one constant in our struggles. We have the same players. These players are not good enoug, hence the position we find ourselves in. How do we get a full reset?

Rubbish mate, the players we had e are technically good enough to play another style and most have done.

Harrison played under Bielsa, Lindstrom played at Frankfurt under Glasner, Garner is a United academy lad who never had any criticism of technique before showing up here, Tim obviously has technical ability, O'Brien was praised at Lyon for being technically excellent, Branthwaite at PSV showed he is a superb technical CB, Gueye was playing for PSG for three years. Ndiaye - one looks tells you he's technically a very good player.

Main issue on playing a different style is we had e certain favourites who either kick technique or who can't play at a high tempo, Doucoure, McNeil, Young, DCL.

After keeping us up two seasons in a row
And that lovely enjoyable wednesday night at the end of last season. I think he's earned some patience and credit.

People have very short memories....
It's one game!!! Yes it was awful. Yes he's showing hes got limitations and isn't the ideal manager for long term success. No I don't want him here long term.

But I think untill this absolute binfire of a situation with our club finances and owners gets resolved, we will not attract a decent manager. So untill then, we are in a safe pair of hands and we should direct our frustration higher up.
Stop blaming the fireman for trying to keep the house standing and blame the people starting the fire.

I will repeat what i said just after he joined and since then too.

He looks in the mirror some mornings and says to himself " I manage Everton" in a cant quite believe it tone and then chuckles to himself internally that he has landed the biggest job of his mediocre career!

I've never taken to him and never will, credit where its due but I cannot stand him personally and from a football perspective, his Son is the same( I will say no more on this matter other than being expelled from one of the top Northants schools) he really finished off any goodwill I had towards him with his post match dig at the fans and the sooner he is gone the better for all concerned. I am just one of many thousands who has differing opinions and that is pretty much it, we will all differ.

What I would say is that other managers could get better performances from this squad, not all of them as we know some need binning, but we are not bereft of talent in the squad but it isnt utilised with his 1 dimensional defensive approach.

I will repeat what i said just after he joined and since then too.

He looks in the mirror some mornings and says to himself " I manage Everton" in a cant quite believe it tone and then chuckles to himself internally that he has landed the biggest job of his mediocre career!

I've never taken to him and never will, credit where its due but I cannot stand him personally and from a football perspective, his Son is the same( I will say no more on this matter other than being expelled from one of the top Northants schools) he really finished off any goodwill I had towards him with his post match dig at the fans and the sooner he is gone the better for all concerned. I am just one of many thousands who has differing opinions and that is pretty much it, we will all differ.

What I would say is that other managers could get better performances from this squad, not all of them as we know some need binning, but we are not bereft of talent in the squad but it isnt utilised with his 1 dimensional defensive approach.

The stuff with Patterson still grates with me, completely out of order and a total lack of professionalism from Dyche.

As for his 'gaffer days' absolutely pointless and seems just like it's his way of trying to make a personal point he's in charge.

10 years experience and he is deploying exactly the same methods and tactics as he did in his first year… he has not changed style, tactics or improved his management skills in any way ..

He is a relegation , backs to the wall ,work hard and stop the opposition manager… and he always will be
This exacerbates our problems becuse if we are skint, we need coach who is capable of improving players and developingour younger players. The state of the club administration means that the only target is to survive in the Prem with no pressure to improve what we have. We also have a so called Director of Footbll, Thelwell, who is seemingly involved in recruitment but not involved in the tactical development for the club or seeking to influence Dyche. If you hold that position, surely the first thing that should be realised is that our football, at first team level is neanderthal and seek to improve on that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back