2024/25 Sean Dyche

Having read the last few pages I dread our next season, when we'll play in Europe (we all expect that, right?).
Imagine, we'll get some obscure Estonian side in the group stages. How the gaffer will draw info on them? How could he possibly make a tactical plan against the unknown opposition? They'll get an unfair advantage, sneaky Estonian bastards :(

Can't help but think people are blatantly forgetting just how poor our current squad is. Look at our attacking options and try and tell me that main issue here is still the manager and not the atrocious lack of quality within our squad.

Our attacking options consist of :
Calvert-Lewin - The lack of interest surrounding him speaks volumes
Beto - Pffahahaha
Maupay - Pffahahaha
McNeil - What's a right foot?
Harrison - Unbearable to watch
Doucoure - Runs around a bit
Lindstrom - Too early to judge, but last Tuesday for the U21s wasn't pleasant viewing
Ndiaye -Looks to be full of energy but will he have any end product? Fingers crossed!
Chermiti - Promising but still a lot to learn

How many of these would get into the starting 11s for the likes of Wolves, Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth, Forest, Palace and Fulham? I'd honestly say 0.

Can't help but think people are blatantly forgetting just how poor our current squad is. Look at our attacking options and try and tell me that main issue here is still the manager and not the atrocious lack of quality within our squad.

Beto - Pffahahaha
Maupay - Pffahahaha
Lindstrom - Too early to judge, but last Tuesday for the U21s wasn't pleasant viewing
Ndiaye -Looks to be full of energy but will he have any end product? Fingers crossed!

How many of these would get into the starting 11s for the likes of Wolves, Brentford, Palace, Bournemouth, Forest, Palace and Fulham? I'd honestly say 0.
This just proves he’s an inept coach and incapable of improving or developing anyone from an attacking standpoint.

Other managers seem to be able to point to rubbish/average attackers but are able to somehow get a tune of them and producing some form of results but when it comes to us… it’s because ‘the players are crap’.. pure nonsense.

This just proves he’s an inept coach and incapable of improving or developing anyone from an attacking standpoint.

Other managers seem to be able to point to rubbish/average attackers but are able to somehow get a tune of them and producing some form of results but when it comes to us… it’s because ‘the players are crap’.. pure nonsense.
While this may be true, in order to get bad players, relatively speaking, to score more goals will open us up considerably in defence.

It's a pick your poison situation. Dyche chooses pragmatism against all else. For better or worse.

Sure we could run around and be exciting like Leeds or Luton, but how did that go for them

The reality is that talent wise we are definitely bottom 3 from an attacking standpoint. Our bread is buttered in defence - and with a healthy Branthwaite we are comfortably mid-table in that regard, even with a horror show at RB

Beto - Pffahahaha
Maupay - Pffahahaha

Maupay last season perhaps?

Having read the last few pages I dread our next season, when we'll play in Europe (we all expect that, right?).
Imagine, we'll get some obscure Estonian side in the group stages. How the gaffer will draw info on them? How could he possibly make a tactical plan against the unknown opposition? They'll get an unfair advantage, sneaky Estonian bastards :(
This is why Dyche, due to his infinitely superior intelligence and 'ability to take action' will deliberately not get us into Europe because he would prefer to protect the club from a defeat to an unknown entity from Estonia
It is also why we couldn't go anywhere for preseason

'Down there for dancing' the scotch egg growled

Beto - Pffahahaha
Maupay - Pffahahaha

He's had 3 windows and money to spend from sales.
He spent 20m on a CB who's behind Keane in the pecking order.
Maybe a lot of this is Thelwells fault but Dyche definitely has a say (See Young)

would this include those he persists in playing like Keane despite being part of that culture and proving time and time again that he isn't good enough.
Playing Young against Mitoma when a faster, younger defender was available

We'll call out Dyche when he takes a pop at fans instead of admitting on even the tiniest level that he may have got something wrong.
0-7 is a shocking start and it's on Dyche because he prepared the team poorly

Not starting the new players and complaining about losing players, one of which he dropped for our best run
Agree on Keane and Young, I had no idea the stats were as damning as they are on Michael Keane in particular.

1724774126962.png

Sean Dyche, bucket hat connoisseur, is a sucker for a reunion tour​

Barry Glendenning
Barry Glendenning

CARABAO SUPERNOVA​

While an eagerly awaited announcement from Oasis captured the headlines on Tuesday, Liam, Noel and whatever session shoe-gazers they happen to bring along for next year’s ride aren’t the only plodding collective from the north-west of England looking forward to a reunion. Without a win in August for the third season in a row after circling the drain for most of last season, Everton fans are once again being treated to the same old, same old, with the likes of Michael Keane, Abdoulayé Doucoure and Dominic Calvert-Lewin continuing to contribute little or nothing, while assorted players Sean Dyche brought in during the summer to compete for their places all look on from the bench pondering their questionable career choices. And if Everton supporters have been experiencing a sense of deja vu in their opening two games of the Premier League season, they are going to feel it all over again tonight when Doncaster Rovers travel to Goodison Park for a repeat of last season’s early season Fizzy Cup second round tie.
While tickets for this particular reunion are unlikely to be as sought after as those for the Noel’s Got An Expensive Divorce To Pay For Tour, it is to be presumed that at least some of those “passionate” devotees who recently turned up at Euston Station to raucously eff and jeff underperforming players who were boarding a train after losing against Spurs will be in attendance. Those who do turn up at Goodison Park will be able to inspect some of the club’s new acquisitions, as Sean Dyche has promised the likes of Jake O’Brien, Iliman Ndiaye and Jesper Lindstrøm will finally get to experience the uniquely special atmosphere of a half-empty and completely fed-up Goodison Park on a Tuesday night. “I’ve made it clear in my time here that I do value the cups and think they’re important, but on the other hand I think it’s fair to say that we are going to have to use players to get them fit,” growled Dyche. “The players who have come in haven’t got as many minutes game time wise, so we are going to play some [of those] players, so we’ll certainly be putting out a team that I believe can win.” Despite Doncaster Rovers’ lowly League Two status, this confident statement of intent will have raised quizzical eyebrows among those who witnessed Dyche’s side get dismantled by Brighton and Spurs.​

WOHOOOOO!!!
Not sure if serious...

Stats bear it out - most people recognise Prem is like 3-4 leagues in one.
  • Top 3-4 with a 'chance' of winning
  • Chasing pack + Euro' places
  • Comfy / 'meh' 9-15th place
  • Relegation contenders 16-20
Winning teams are pulling away in totals, losers tailing off. Stats bear this out.

In '95 Norwich relegated with 43, '96 who was down with 38pts? City :)

Of course, there have been some sob stories throughout the years (e.g. Derby's total) but in the main, the scores amassed in the last 5 years of relegated clubs are 10% lower than when the Prem began 30 odd years ago, rarely making 34-35 points.

No teams relegated on 38 points for the last 15 seasons chap.

And I don't see Southampton and Ipswich bucking that trend. Can we? We all hope so mate. If Sean gets us to 38, we go into BMD a Prem side 😊

Stats bear it out - most people recognise Prem is like 3-4 leagues in one.
  • Top 3-4 with a 'chance' of winning
  • Chasing pack + Euro' places
  • Comfy / 'meh' 9-15th place
  • Relegation contenders 16-20
Winning teams are pulling away in totals, losers tailing off. Stats bear this out.

In '95 Norwich relegated with 43, '96 who was down with 38pts? City :)

Of course, there have been some sob stories throughout the years (e.g. Derby's total) but in the main, the scores amassed in the last 5 years of relegated clubs are 10% lower than when the Prem began 30 odd years ago, rarely making 34-35 points.

No teams relegated on 38 points for the last 15 seasons chap.

And I don't see Southampton and Ipswich bucking that trend. Can we? We all hope so mate. If Sean gets us to 38, we got into BMD a Prem side 😊
I wasnt arguing the stats.
You're completely right, 38 points will likely keep us up.
I was more just marveling that after two games you've come out with
'If we beat Bournemouth, we're averaging a point a game'
After two games!!!
Was like at about 70m v Brighton, Osman in co commentary said 'there are lots of games to go, plenty of points still to win'.
I laughed at that too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back