2024/25 Sean Dyche

Can't put his finger on it, easy Sean lad, it's you sitting there doing the suck the breath up gestures to exhausted players whilst making zero subs, the bringing on your pet donkey who'd been dropped but you just had to get him on

Doucoure looks worryingly finished to me. Like more finished than Young finished.

Garner should have been on for Tim, and there's a case for OBrien for Harrison/McNeil.

Thinking back through all the managers I can remember at this football club, wondering if anyone has lasted this long without striking up a rapport with the fans.

I can’t think of one.

He doesn’t get this club, the fans don’t like his football and he’s done nothing to bridge the divide.

I can’t tell if he resents the fact we want more from our managers than Burnley fans will settle for, or if he doesn’t know how to deal with that reality.

He should have tried to forge something, but he hasn’t. The anti-Premier League atmosphere and us-versus-them mindset of last season was the perfect time for that.

But that was entirely fan-made and he contributed nothing to it.

There’s very little residual grudging respect left, even, given what he ground out last season.

I must admit I’m not reading much around all this and what he says or doesn’t, so I don’t know how big a problem it is but I can see how that can quickly unravel so that even our leaderless club have to make a choice. I’d always thought most of the crowd at the games were grudgingly behind him

I still think we will not pull the trigger unless we are adrift and in real danger OR the crowd turns completely.

I’d say still more likely he stays, keeps us up and is gone in summer if we get new owners

How can anyone even remotely defend this joker anymore?

Doncaster and today shown the new players in the team are capable of a better standard of football.

I’m not having this nonsense we can only play % football. Look where that’s got us in these 3 games. 10 goals conceded from the supposed master of defence.

It's obvious what you will get when you have Sean Dyche in charge. His win percentage is pretty consistent as a manager.

SDWR.webp

He's not had a penny to spend and without money in the prem your gone....even with money it's not easy
this is a fair point it’s not all on him. Although, other managers see that out. Absolutely no reason to bring a player like Doucoure on, adding lack of composure onto the pitch when you need the opposite is silly. If anything, you go 3 at the back

I must admit I’m not reading much around all this and what he says or doesn’t, so I don’t know how big a problem it is but I can see how that can quickly unravel so that even our leaderless club have to make a choice. I’d always thought most of the crowd at the games were grudgingly behind him

I still think we will not pull the trigger unless we are adrift and in real danger OR the crowd turns completely.

I’d say still more likely he stays, keeps us up and is gone in summer if we get new owners
Yeah, I think that’s a sensible post.

I think in all likelihood we live with Dyche until the ownership circus is resolved - or as you say the emergency ripcord is pulled.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back