2024/25 Sean Dyche

He’s been here 18 months and his win record is a joke. That’s what he should stand and fall on. Performed admirably in the circumstances last season but he cannot remain here after this year. A functioning football club would be actively looking to replace him by now. We are, sadly, very far from a properly run club though.

Potter isn't why what I want, Moyes either, but surely an upgrade.

Poch is going USA I believe.

I like Xavi a lot, was treated badly by Barcelona, good job with the budget, a lot of youngsters gave the debut. But don't see that as realistic.

But Pioli, Conceicao, Hjulmand, Terzic..
We should have approached poch as soon as he left Chelsea. Always felt we would be a good fit for him to build something from the ground up similar to what he did at spurs.

First instinct is obviously to say we definitely couldn't afford him but how much are we paying Dyche?

It comes down to basic simple decisions for the prospective owner in dire situations.
We basically cannot control anything as far as morale and confidence but what we can do is replace a manager to show the team that it isnt good enough and things must improve. Rightly or wrongly time will tell but the decision becomes simple. Dyche must go because there is nothing else that can be done. Its the only move possible.

He will be sacked this season but the longer we leave it then he will do a lot of damage to the season along the way. You don't concede 3 goals a game at the start of the season by mistake and even if we are comfortable the players are going to be uneasy on the pitch going forward now in case this happens again vis poor substitutions.

Thinking back through all the managers I can remember at this football club, wondering if anyone has lasted this long without striking up a rapport with the fans.

I can’t think of one.

He doesn’t get this club, the fans don’t like his football and he’s done nothing to bridge the divide.

I can’t tell if he resents the fact we want more from our managers than Burnley fans will settle for, or if he doesn’t know how to deal with that reality.

He should have tried to forge something, but he hasn’t. The anti-Premier League atmosphere and us-versus-them mindset of last season was the perfect time for that.

But that was entirely fan-made and he contributed nothing to it.

There’s very little residual grudging respect left, even, given what he ground out last season.

Thinking back through all the managers I can remember at this football club, wondering if anyone has lasted this long without striking up a rapport with the fans.

I can’t think of one.

He doesn’t get this club, the fans don’t like his football and he’s done nothing to bridge the divide.

I can’t tell if he resents the fact we want more from our managers than Burnley fans will settle for, or if he doesn’t know how to deal with that reality.

He should have tried to forge something, but he hasn’t. The anti-Premier League atmosphere and us-versus-them mindset of last season was the perfect time for that.

There’s very little residual grudging respect left, even, given what he ground out last season.

Excellent post mate

I can’t think of one.

The man won us a Merseyside Derby, guaranteeing the clubs PL status and costing the RS the league at Goodison Park in the process.

Some of our fans have incredibly short memories.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back