2024/25 Sean Dyche

Again, it’s easy to say this when the game is finished.

Dyche can do no right for some fans at the moment (understandable) and if he’d made 5 changes at the hour mark as Iraola did, and this happened, fans would’ve been screaming “ffs why did you change it?!”

He made a change before the 1st Bournemouth goal (which came out of nowhere, by the way) to give us more legs. There was no sustained Bournemouth pressure before it, it was all us. Our defence switched off for a moment and they scored.

At 2-1 he immediately makes another change and they score again.

I don’t care what 11 players were on the pitch. To capitulate like this is not good enough and it’s on the players.
The subs he made were absurd

Took off the 2 players we had who were causing problems and getting us up the pitch

And left on the midfielders and full backs who were extremely tired and struggling to track their runners.

We also had 3 more unused opportunities to add energy to the side in the last 10 minutes.

It's bad in game management at any level of the game. You'll see better management at amateur level down the park tomorrow morning

The subs he made were absurd

Took off the 2 players we had who were causing problems and getting us up the pitch

And left on the midfielders and full backs who were extremely tired and struggling to track their runners.

We also had 3 more unused opportunities to add energy to the side in the last 10 minutes.

It's bad in game management at any level of the game.

and bad game management by players to not stay composed

and bad game management by players to not stay composed
Of course they take some of the blame. But it's much more difficult to stay composed when you are knackered and your opposite number has only came on the pitch. You want to see far more grit and determination to see the game out, but they need help too from their manager.

It's a manager's job to help the team and freshen things up when someone is tired.

I doubt it. He knows what players like Ndiaye can do and it wasn't down to him that we got beat it was the defenders he's trusted in the past.
Dont often agree with you, but the blame 100% with the players on the pitch. Premiership players should have enough to see the game out.

IMO he's still here at

...yes. But who would you choose?
It doesn't matter. Anyone I mention can be picked apart, probably fairly, I barely watch elite football now. I try not to watch Everton as it makes me furious. I spent this afternoon watching Garforth Town Vs Bury FC, FFS. What I would say is that quite a few coaches have come from the bundesliga recently who seem to have done very well when coming over here. I'm not sure why we never cast our net further than the old "premier league experience" nonsense that's seen us plummeting.

Unforgivable today. Iroegbunam was knackered - he has Garner on the bench for a straight swap. Coleman and Harrison were knackered, he's got Young, Dixon, Lindstrom on the bench to freshen it up.

Every week his opposite number is making use of the subs while Dyche seems to think the only in game management needed is to stand barking orders at his tired players. Unfortunately we're probably stuck with him till the takeover is sorted.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back