2024/25 Sean Dyche

We have no way of knowing if leaving Ndiaye on would've changed anything. It could easily have turned out the same and Dyche would be criticised for not going more defensive.
Ultimately its on the players for not tracking runners and closing players down.
Imagine the reaction bringing Young on would've generated.
Young for Coleman at that stage is fine. It's entirely different than starting with Young.

There were players left on who looked far more tired than Ndiaye.

The blame lies with both players and manager. But as a manager, your job is to help the team when they are struggling with fatigue. You can't just say they should have tracked runners better. If someone is tired bring on someone else to help the team.

We're not asking a lot here in terms of game management. Just some fresh legs and an extra body in midfield. Garner was such an obvious sub. I'm baffled he wasn't used.

People are entitled to their opinion but I don't see any excuses for the manager today. I see it as yet another embarrassing debacle for the club. The fans can only take so much before the stuffing is knocked out of us.

Based on today, any one of the 37000 crowd, who could see what was coming as soon as Bournemouth scored one. Our manager could ‘smell it’ yet was seemingly powerless to do anything about it.

More realistically, I’d take a manager who can use the resources available to play a style of football where we proactively try to take the initiative and win games. Corberan from West Brom would be worth asking. He might welcome the opportunity to get away from Mason Holgate!
Corberon? That's a complete random punt.

5 subs by bournemouth before dyche made 1.
Guess what the bournemouth manager said. We could see them getting tired.
Shame you didnt sniff that one dyche.
Coleman was goosed and didnt have the legs to close down the cross. Got a young fullback on the bench who would have been full of running for 10/15 minutes.
He's so predictable that opposition managers dont even need to really think that much.
For a manager who puts so much emphasis on fitness he failed miserably today to acknowledge so many were done and he still had fresh legs to put on.
Everton manager 0
Bournemouth manager 1
Absolute stuck in his ways dinosaur today.

It doesn't matter. Anyone I mention can be picked apart, probably fairly, I barely watch elite football now. I try not to watch Everton as it makes me furious. I spent this afternoon watching Garforth Town Vs Bury FC, FFS. What I would say is that quite a few coaches have come from the bundesliga recently who seem to have done very well when coming over here. I'm not sure why we never cast our net further than the old "premier league experience" nonsense that's seen us plummeting.
I wouldn't be prepared to sack Dyche unless a man proven to be capable of fire-fighting in the PL to survive...because that's what there job description is here.

I'm absolutely astounded they're still people willing to defend Dyche.
5 league wins in 2024, playing some of the worst football ever witnessed , arrogant condescending comments after games .
Honest to God people still defending him are like the victim in an abusive relationship. They have just become so downtrodden they have given up.
They all think he's the hard yards hero that'll get us to a glorious 17th, get patted on the back and a new contract for it
Next year he'll tell us accept the reality that the team is terrible, he's awesome with the nose of a blood hound and 17th will be a success..pat on the back
Rinse repeat

If fans are happy with 17th he will get a new contract and we will be starting life in the new stadium with him, his awful football and his condescending and unmerited arrogance
That is a depressing thought

ah ok
I don't
there are a couple Id love us to have but overall no

Perhaps it’s my yearning for pace and inventiveness at the top end of the pitch but I’d gladly have any of Semenyo, Sinisterra, Ouattara or Kluivert (who I thought was poor for most of today but then makes the winner).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back