2024/25 Sean Dyche

Then we'll never get out of this spiral and you can only defy gravity for so long. If all we do is fire fight, because that's all the men we recruit do, eventually the fire will win.
Not for all time. Until we get the finances sorted out and functioning owners / governance.

A bench of Garner, O'brien, Lindstrom, Doucoure, Beto should be better utilised.

Agreed and Dyche doesn’t escape blame. He did make changes at 2-0 but he should have made more changes sooner but, again, it’s easy to say all this when the game is done.

At 2-0 up when we were the team looking most likely to score, I wasn’t screaming for him to make changes. There was less than 10 minutes to go.

The players on the pitch must take most of the blame and have to react better to that first goal.

Finally watched his presser. Not a word of personal accountability. Can’t stand him anymore. He served a purpose but he’s actually holding them back now.
Remember when we all thought he'd be sound to have a pint with?
'It's your round Sean'
'you need to see the reality of what it's been like since I got here, doing the hard yards, trying to change the narrative, shutting out the noise, zero to h...'
'It's your round Sean'

We aren’t blessed with quality on the bench. That’s the reality and we all know it.

I can understand Dyche hesitancy, maybe even reluctance, to change things too much when we’re flying at 2-0. But he did, he brought on a very experienced midfielder and someone we’d all say has been one of our most important players over the last 2 years.

Before Bournemouth scored, they didn’t have a sniff. 2-1 came out of nowhere. It wasn’t like we were sitting deep soaking up loads of pressure for ages and he did nothing. At 2-0, the most likely team to score still looked like Everton.

Didnt need quality at that point. Iraola literally said it. Everton looked tired. So he threw on 5 subs and fresh legs.
Dyche game plan was fine at kick off. The game is 90 minutes however and also about in game management. Thats where he's a dinosaur. He left players who had absolutely nothing in the tank on the pitch when he had lots more fresh legs to select. The bournemouth manager never.

Agreed and Dyche doesn’t escape blame. He did make changes at 2-0 but he should have made more changes sooner but, again, it’s easy to say all this when the game is done.

At 2-0 up when we were the team looking most likely to score, I wasn’t screaming for him to make changes. There was less than 10 minutes to go.

The players on the pitch must take most of the blame and have to react better to that first goal.

Most of Goodison was saying it at 65 mins mate. We could all see it coming and how the game was swinging through their fresh legs.

He’s gaslighting everyone, constantly references ‘the noise’ and ‘what it’s been like since I came in.’ He speaks in such a patronising tone about anyone thinking that the football being played is really negative. We can be appreciative of what he’s done in trying circumstances, whilst also believing the football should be better and we should be more ambitious. It’s possible to hold both of those views at the same time. He can, and should, be getting better results with the resources at his disposal.
Great post this mate.

Think the patronising line is spot on. That’s the word I’ve been missing about dyche and his interviews and its patronising. Not helping himself one bit with the fan base.

Didnt need quality at that point. Iraola literally said it. Everton looked tired. So he threw on 5 subs and fresh legs.
Dyche game plan was fine at kick off. The game is 90 minutes however and also about in game management. Thats where he's a dinosaur. He left players who had absolutely nothing in the tank on the pitch when he had lots more fresh legs to select. The bournemouth manager never.

The Bournemouth manager had nothing to lose. He was 2-0 down. It’s easy to throw caution to the wind in that position, with 30 minutes to go.

How often do you see managers 2-0 up making 3, 4 or 5 changes at once? It almost never happens until very late in the game.

The Bournemouth manager had nothing to lose. He was 2-0 down. It’s easy to throw caution to the wind in that position, with 30 minutes to go.

How often do you see managers 2-0 up making 3, 4 or 5 changes at once? It almost never happens until very late in the game.

Whatever needed to be done, Dyche didn't react.

There's a reason why we don't get results when going a goal down with him in charge.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back