2024/25 Sean Dyche

I think I was quite vocal after last season had finished, we need a better manager, this guy would play the fire fighter if he had 20 of the worlds best players....

He knows nothing else, literally nothing else, at 2-0 he has gone in to hold on mode, crapped it well and truly.

When is the powers that be wake up and see this idiot for what he is, get him gone, with the International break there is no better time.

Mentality of the team. It comes from the top.

Not during the game. During the game it’s on the players, the captain, the leaders in the team to talk the rest of them through it. Pickford, Seamus, Tarks, Gueye, Dom, all of them should’ve been slowing the game down, winning fouls and wasting time, telling each other to calm it down, keep hold of the ball, simple passes back to Pickford, see the game out, there was none of that.

Dyche gets two opportunities to speak to them properly, before kick off and half time. Managers can bark and wave the odd instruction across a noisy stadium but primarily, during the game he has to rely on the lads on the pitch to do their bit and guide the less experienced lads through. That is what disappointed me most today.

Not during the game. During the game it’s on the players, the captain, the leaders in the team to talk the rest of them through it. Pickford, Seamus, Tarks, Gueye, Dom, all of them should’ve been slowing the game down, winning fouls and wasting time, telling each other to calm it down, keep hold of the ball, there was none of that.

Dyche gets two opportunities to speak to them properly, before kick off and half time. Managers can bark and wave the odd instruction across a noisy stadium but primarily, during the game he has to rely on the lads on the pitch to do their bit and guide the less experienced lads through. That is what disappointed me most today.
The players decide the subs too do they?

They didn’t have a shot on target before their goal, did they? I can’t remember them boxing us in at any point.

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong but I don’t recall them threatening in any meaningful way before that moment when we switched off and they scored.

They had a shot that Pickford saved just before they scored. Alarm bells were starting to ring, but he made the subs he’d thought about pre match.

I cant remember a worse use of subs and it’s not hindsight either, loads of chatter in the ground at the time.

Is he really saying the way he was screaming at the team to see the game out was to get them to kick it forward and stay in shape? He repeats it. I get full backs shouldn’t be bombing forward at 2-1, and he is right, the players had done so well, they thought it was job done and collectively dropped the focus.

The players should have got it done without any instruction at all. But quite revealing that his way of seeing the game out was to play it forward and stay in shape. Rather than keep the ball, make them chase, calculated balls into the channels with one man chasing to try and win a throw in etc. He just wanted us to boot back to them, reset, and challenge them to get through us. Which they did repeatedly.

Not during the game. During the game it’s on the players, the captain, the leaders in the team to talk the rest of them through it. Pickford, Seamus, Tarks, Gueye, Dom, all of them should’ve been slowing the game down, getting fouls, telling each other to calm it down, keep hold of the ball, there was none of that.

If you think Mentality comes from a pre game and half time chat your wrong mate.

It comes from messaging all through the week. It comes from tactics and instruction. It comes from so much more than a few words.

I think I was quite vocal after last season had finished, we need a better manager, this guy would play the fire fighter if he had 20 of the worlds best players....

He knows nothing else, literally nothing else, at 2-0 he has gone in to hold on mode, crapped it well and truly.

When is the powers that be wake up and see this idiot for what he is, get him gone, with the International break there is no better time.
Can just imagine

I dropped Messi because he got no prem experience and doesn’t track back

No, and I’m not suggesting Dyche is blameless. Just that the players need to look at themselves today. For the most part; this collapse is on them.
At every football club from Amateur in every county all the way up to the Premier League the manager carries the can for poor runs of form and performances...

Except at Everton when the fans protect poor managers like Lampard and Dyche to blame the players!

Get him gone tomorrow, any half decent manager will show this clown up within 1 or 2 games.

If you think Mentality comes from a pre game and half time chat your wrong mate.

It comes from messaging all through the week. It comes from tactics and instruction. It comes from so much more than a few words.

I’m not saying this.

How different players react to adversity is complex, you’re right. I’m saying it doesn’t come exclusively (or even for the most part) from the top, as others suggested.

The instructions and passion of the manager plays a part, but as you say, there are many other factors at play and at 2-1, you could see so many of them lost their heads.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back