2024/25 Sean Dyche

Most of Goodison was saying it at 65 mins mate. We could all see it coming and how the game was swinging through their fresh legs.

They didn’t have a shot on target before their goal, did they? I can’t remember them boxing us in at any point.

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong but I don’t recall them threatening in any meaningful way before that moment when we switched off and they scored.

The Bournemouth manager had nothing to lose. He was 2-0 down. It’s easy to throw caution to the wind in that position, with 30 minutes to go.

How often do you see managers 2-0 up making 3, 4 or 5 changes at once? It almost never happens until very late in the game.

He could have made them at 2-1. They were swarming all over us at that stage.
The late goals were down to fatigue
Awful in game management.

They didn’t have a shot on target before their goal, did they? I can’t remember them boxing us in at any point.

Maybe I’m remembering it wrong but I don’t recall them threatening in any meaningful way before that moment when we switched off and they scored.

We were falling further and further back. Giving the ball away more. Losing tackles.

It was obvious we were knackered and they had half a new team out.

Whatever needed to be done, Dyche didn't react.

There's a reason why we don't get results when going a goal down with him in charge.

And you’ve got a good point about the mentality of the team, there.

At 2-1, they collapsed. And part of that is on Dyche, but not many teams down the bottom end of the table have a good record when going a goal down and that’s as much down to the lack of quality in our team, as it is to do with us having all the resilience of a wet paper bag.

And you’ve got a good point about the mentality of the team, there.

At 2-1, they collapsed. And part of that is on Dyche, but not many teams down the bottom end of the table have a good record when going a goal down and that’s as much down to the lack of quality in our team, as it is to do with us having all the resilience of a wet paper bag.

Mentality of the team. It comes from the top.

He could have broke the game up. Make a sub and few mins later do another.

He chose to do nothing
Even worse, still brought Beto on straight after they’d scored, making it even harder to keep hold of the ball. Any other manager would have told Beto to sit back down again and got Garner on for Coleman. Dyche’s performance today is a sackable offence.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back