2024/25 Sean Dyche

I wouldn't be prepared to sack Dyche unless a man proven to be capable of fire-fighting in the PL to survive...because that's what there job description is here.
Then we'll never get out of this spiral and you can only defy gravity for so long. If all we do is fire fight, because that's all the men we recruit do, eventually the fire will win.

I'm absolutely astounded they're still people willing to defend Dyche.
5 league wins in 2024, playing some of the worst football ever witnessed , arrogant condescending comments after games .
Honest to God people still defending him are like the victim in an abusive relationship. They have just become so downtrodden they have given up.
He’s gaslighting everyone, constantly references ‘the noise’ and ‘what it’s been like since I came in.’ He speaks in such a patronising tone about anyone thinking that the football being played is really negative. We can be appreciative of what he’s done in trying circumstances, whilst also believing the football should be better and we should be more ambitious. It’s possible to hold both of those views at the same time. He can, and should, be getting better results with the resources at his disposal.

I wouldn't be prepared to sack Dyche unless a man proven to be capable of fire-fighting in the PL to survive...because that's what there job description is here.
No, no and no
It doesn't need to be a fire fight and it sure as hell doesn't need to be PL experience
That second half before Dyche started fire fighting surely shows that
All we need is a manager that has more than one plan, can make subs and can accept and learn from his mistakes

He should be gone by now. Never forget when we are relegated who let this happen. Forget waiting at train stations, Moshiri’s London offices and the Liver buildings should be swarming with our fans. Get Dyche out, and force Moshiri out.

Not tracking runners and closing players down.

Fresh legs. Concentrated minds does that.

We aren’t blessed with quality on the bench. That’s the reality and we all know it.

I can understand Dyche hesitancy, maybe even reluctance, to change things too much when we’re flying at 2-0. But he did, he brought on a very experienced midfielder and someone we’d all say has been one of our most important players over the last 2 years.

Before Bournemouth scored, they didn’t have a sniff. 2-1 came out of nowhere. It wasn’t like we were sitting deep soaking up loads of pressure for ages and he did nothing. At 2-0, the most likely team to score still looked like Everton.

He’s gaslighting everyone, constantly references ‘the noise’ and ‘what it’s been like since I came in.’ He speaks in such a patronising tone about anyone thinking that the football being played is really negative. We can be appreciative of what he’s done in trying circumstances, whilst also believing the football should be better and we should be more ambitious. It’s possible to hold both of those views at the same time. He can, and should, be getting better results with the resources at his disposal.
I wish one of the journos would ask 'what have you changed about 'what it's been like since you came in' 18 months ago? And don't say narrative'

We aren’t blessed with quality on the bench. That’s the reality and we all know it.

I can understand Dyche hesitancy, maybe even reluctance, to change things too much when we’re flying at 2-0. But he did, he brought on a very experienced midfielder and someone we’d all say has been one of our most important players over the last 2 years.

Before Bournemouth scored, they didn’t have a sniff. 2-1 came out of nowhere. It wasn’t like we were sitting deep soaking up loads of pressure for ages and he did nothing. At 2-0, the most likely team to score still looked like Everton.

A bench of Garner, O'brien, Lindstrom, Doucoure, Beto should be better utilised.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back