2024/25 Sean Dyche

What do you mean strike a ball?. I’m talking about professional footballers, passing a football 5-10 yards along the floor, it’s something I see lower league teams do regularly. Movement is king. Man City, they have the best ball players in Europe, wouldn’t mean nothing if the players stand still, they have 2-3 options to pass to due to movement. I’m not asking to play like city or top ball playing teams. But do I think these players with proper training and drills can play like Brighton did under potter, yeah I do. If you disagree that’s fine.

Ball striking is massively important when passing a ball.

Would you trust;

Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane
Doucoure
Gana
Harrison
Beto

To consistently find a man 10-15 yards away with a pass at pace? That’s how Potter teams play, the ball moves quickly and often through teams’ press. No way can any of those guys fire a pass through a corridor consistently. They don’t strike a ball well.

Would you trust;

Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane
Doucoure
Gana
Harrison
Beto

To consistently find a man 10-15 yards away with a pass at pace? That’s how Potter teams play, the ball moves quickly and often through teams’ press. No way can any of those guys fire a pass through a corridor consistently. They don’t strike a ball well.
So we thoroughly deserve to be relegated.

ok i expect abuse here -

i’m giving dyche till the end of the leicester game if we get a result they’re then let’s see

if we don’t then uh oh spaghettio
I think he will get the two away games, and he will need at least 3pts out of them
If we get nothing, i honestly think The Palace game will be a very uncomfortable one for him

So we thoroughly deserve to be relegated.
Think people are burying their heads in the sand with how bad this team is at footy.

We can get results but it’s not ever going to be pass and move, pretty on the eye football!

We had 86 mins of the blueprint yesterday and then Dyche’s lack of game management (and the players, they might have been knackered but they aren’t blameless) threw it away.

We played some decent stuff yesterday, very little of it was passing out from the back, it was pressing mistakes from them, 2nd balls, channel football, ball carriers (N’diaye and Iroegbhunam) to get us up the pitch.

Would you trust;

Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane
Doucoure
Gana
Harrison
Beto

You picked a few players there. Some I don’t want in the team in any way we play. But I believe the majority of the squad can play possession based on the deck football if coached. There are many ways to break a press without the need to fire a ball at pace through the lines. I used potter as an example as he was mentioned, but you have many different methods and tempo with regard’s to playing the ball on the deck. Yesterday we saw some of the best football on the deck we have seen for years. I’m not saying I want my team to play like that, but I refuse to believe that this squad can only kick a ball 60 yards up the pitch.

Would you trust;

Coleman
Mykolenko
Keane
Doucoure
Gana
Harrison
Beto

Apart from Myko and maybe gana, Potter would not be starting any of those listed.

Our squad is a squad of professional footballers who multiple clubs/managers/dofs have signed because of their ability to play football.

They are players that would have finished 12th last season. Just because they have been managed poorly by successive managers, let’s not pretend they can’t pass a football.

The team is bad, everyone knows that but they are capable of playing well when they are on it. We do have some players that have shown they can be much more effective in different systems such as DCL.

SD for all the chat of point deductions, off the field problems etc is achieving pretty much the same win ratio as he has throughout his whole career. Lately he is looking to dole out blame for our poor performance but this is his level.

Apart from Myko and maybe gana, Potter would not be starting any of those listed.

Our squad is a squad of professional footballers who multiple clubs/managers/dofs have signed because of their ability to play football.

They are players that would have finished 12th last season. Just because they have been managed poorly by successive managers, let’s not pretend they can’t pass a football.

No pretending here mate, they can’t pass a football.

Collectively this is almost the worst footballing side I’ve seen us have for a long time. Athletically as well we are really, really poor. No threat in behind pace wise and barely any recovery speed going backwards.

All of those players will be getting significant minutes this season, no matter who is the manager. We are bare bones.

The team is bad, everyone knows that but they are capable of playing well when they are on it. We do have some players that have shown they can be much more effective in different systems such as DCL.

SD for all the chat of point deductions, off the field problems etc is achieving pretty much the same win ratio as he has throughout his whole career. Lately he is looking to dole out blame for our poor performance but this is his level.
One of the reasons I'd think about doing it now is that I feel like we're in danger of being stuck in The Dyche Cycle - he's the man you need to get you out of the relegation battle he's got you into.

Then you don't sack him because he got you out of the relegation battle, then he gets you into a relegation battle, then you can't sack him because he's the man to......

Could play 4-3-3

Front 3 DCL ND Harrison
Mid Garner Man IB
Myko Tark Bran Scottish lad

In the correct positions of course

Really need to learn these new players names lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back