2024/25 Sean Dyche

…..terrific performance for 85mins on Saturday, dropped Doucoure as demanded. Criticised for not making substitutions this season, criticised for making substitutions on Saturday but he has to be culpable for those last 10mins. The margins are so tight, for possibly the first time I think he lost control, allowed those last minutes to happen without intervention and failed to react.
Defending Dyche and Keane this morning Mr Eggs.

Admirable but will hurt us in the long term to continue having this combination at the Club.

If they continue to Manage/Start football matches, there will come a point where we will not be able to haul ourselves out of the relegation zone.

Defending Dyche and Keane this morning Mr Eggs.

Admirable but will hurt us in the long term to continue having this combination at the Club.

If they continue to Manage/Start football matches, there will come a point where we will not be able to haul ourselves out of the relegation zone.

…. I’m certainly blaming Dyche for his part in that debacle of a 10mins, but pointing out how small the margins are between Saturday being a success and abject failure.

As for Keane, I can’t be having him but I was at the match and I don’t think he was to blame for the defeat. I’d have O’Brien ahead of him but I doubt his inclusion would’ve made the difference.

…. I’m certainly blaming Dyche for his part in that debacle of a 10mins, but pointing out how small the margins are between Saturday being a success and abject failure.

As for Keane, I can’t be having him but I was at the match and I don’t think he was to blame for the defeat. I’d have O’Brien ahead of him but I doubt his inclusion would’ve made the difference.
I disagree, but that is why we have opinions.

…..terrific performance for 85mins on Saturday, dropped Doucoure as demanded. Criticised for not making substitutions this season, criticised for making substitutions on Saturday but he has to be culpable for those last 10mins. The margins are so tight, for possibly the first time I think he lost control, allowed those last minutes to happen without intervention and failed to react.
It’s nothing to do with fine margins mate.

It’s simply a manager who has no idea how to manage a game through tactics. With every other player who was visibly tiring, he decided to take off the player who wasn’t, and was causing the most damage to the Bournemouth.

After playing McNeil all game, who always puts a shift in, he decided to move him left wing and in front of mykolenko, who hasn’t looked right since the start of the season. 2 pairs of tiring legs against fresh, young pace.

You have 36 year old Coleman, who only returned on Wednesday, having to play a full 96 minutes and Dyche not being able to see that fresh legs were going to cause him serious issues.

And Tim, who has been fantastic, was clearly struggling. This lad hasn’t really played a full 90 mins in the PL, since his arrival he’s played 3: that’s catching up with you

He put doucoure on who can’t play football at the best of times, and has somehow got even worse this season being shoehorned in to the game. And then finally Beto, a man who isn’t PL quality and when he comes on always seems to negatively impact us

So yeah, no fine margins at all

Mate, letting in 3 goals in 10 mins isn't "small margins", it's a kin chasm.

It’s nothing to do with fine margins mate.

It’s simply a manager who has no idea how to manage a game through tactics. With every other player who was visibly tiring, he decided to take off the player who wasn’t, and was causing the most damage to the Bournemouth.

After playing McNeil all game, who always puts a shift in, he decided to move him left wing and in front of mykolenko, who hasn’t looked right since the start of the season. 2 pairs of tiring legs against fresh, young pace.

You have 36 year old Coleman, who only returned on Wednesday, having to play a full 96 minutes and Dyche not being able to see that fresh legs were going to cause him serious issues.

And Tim, who has been fantastic, was clearly struggling. This lad hasn’t really played a full 90 mins in the PL, since his arrival he’s played 3: that’s catching up with you

He put doucoure on who can’t play football at the best of times, and has somehow got even worse this season being shoehorned in to the game. And then finally Beto, a man who isn’t PL quality and when he comes on always seems to negatively impact us

So yeah, no fine margins at all

….generally agree, I certainly think he was culpable for us not seeing the game out yet it’s something we continually did under his management last season.

….generally agree, I certainly think he was culpable for us not seeing the game out yet it’s something we continually did under his management last season.
Mainly because this was probably the 3rd or 4th game in his tenure that he setup a more attacking way of playing. Last season it was 90 minutes of men behind the ball.

And like I’ve always said, he struggles to go from Plan A to Plan B in game. it’s one way of playing for 90 minutes and the change is subs, not tactics

Repeatedly making the same mistakes is stupidity. Got us across the line last season in difficult circumstances, excellent. Gets us no points this season.
Now is time to see something different with him evolving. Still can't see games out, still has favourites, still having slow starts and still chippy in interviews.

Mainly because this was probably the 3rd or 4th game in his tenure that he setup a more attacking way of playing. Last season it was 90 minutes of men behind the ball.

And like I’ve always said, he struggles to go from Plan A to Plan B in game. it’s one way of playing for 90 minutes and the change is subs, not tactics

….and odd that Doucoure had replaced Ndiaye (I think) for that last 10mins, with McNeil shifting to the left so it was similar to last season. Saying that, Bournemouth through caution to the wind with midfielders swamping the box.

Problem was not cutting out crosses in wide areas, and sitting deep with two banks of 4 to see the game out. Basics.

….and odd that Doucoure had replaced Ndiaye (I think) for that last 10mins, with McNeil shifting to the left so it was similar to last season. Saying that, Bournemouth through caution to the wind with midfielders swamping the box.

Problem was not cutting out crosses in wide areas, and sitting deep with two banks of 4 to see the game out. Basics.
Which comes all the way back to poor use of substitutes. Tiredness killed us

I've been a big Dyche defender, not because I particularly like him but we need stability and whilst his football is generally poor on the eye he got the results

needed with a pretty average group of players. And given the points deductions i thought that warranted him time and a chance to improve on last season with

a few more players and no sanctions (hopefully). But that on Saturday, that's on him and his terrible game management. The players gave everything and we're on the arses, that's when a manager earns his money but he made the wrong subs. The Bournemouth manager changed things up and exploited our tired legs, and our manager didn't know how to counter that.

Should 11 professional footballers be able to see out 9 minutes with a 2 goal lead? Absolutely, but they gave maximum effort to get to that point. They needed the manager to do his part.

I want Dyche succeed (i want every Everton manager to succeed - even the waiter) but he's already losing an impatient fan base and his condescending comments in pressers and post match, along side taking no accountability will see him out of the job very quickly. This season is too important and he doesn't have a big contract to pay off.

if only we had a 6ft 6 defender on the bench??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back