2024/25 Sean Dyche

if only we had a 6ft 6 defender on the bench??

….not sure that makes any difference, Keane is decent aerially. Cook scored a header and he’s 5ft 5in. Midfielders hitting the box at pace are difficult for CBs to manage when they are marking an attacker, TimI and Gueye were caught the wrong side of the opposition and crosses should’ve been stopped.

I looked at the running stats last season and Everton were near enough top in most of the metrics in terms of miles covered etc. We're not a possession team so we're chasing the ball a lot of the game and rely on the players putting a huge shift in. Optimal fitness levels just aren't there in August and we couldn't cope with Bournemouth's fresh legs, despite dominating the game. Dyche should have reacted with better subs.
Saw a stat yesterday that Dyche hasn’t won a league game in August since 2019, that can’t just be a coincidence?
As for his substitutions on Saturday, just baffling!

….not sure that makes any difference, Keane is decent aerially. Cook scored a header and he’s 5ft 5in. Midfielders hitting the box at pace are difficult for CBs to manage when they are marking an attacker, TimI and Gueye were caught the wrong side of the opposition and crosses should’ve been stopped.

He is good in the air, but it's about having an extra man in the air knowing Bournemouth is a team that crosses a lot 2nd this season, 6th last season with crosses played.

Getting 3 fresh legs on tighten the box, prevent those crosses with Dixon. Double on the flanks.

I just don’t know where I stand anymore. This team is streaky so it’s quite conceivable we’ll get a decent run of results soon, then go on another losing run. Although there’s always that fear that this group of players might down tools on a manager.

If we had got a point off Brighton and won on Sat then we’d all be happy enough I guess. Certainly encouraging signs from Tim and Ndiaye and I’m sort of holding on to that. Although if the defence isn’t sorted we’re going to get snotted by Villa.

It was a cascade effect , following our substitutions their midfield took control and our tired defence was suddenly overwhelmed by the intensity.
Totally avoidable with the correct decisions by the manager.

I just don’t know where I stand anymore. This team is streaky so it’s quite conceivable we’ll get a decent run of results soon, then go on another losing run. Although there’s always that fear that this group of players might down tools on a manager.

If we had got a point off Brighton and won on Sat then we’d all be happy enough I guess. Certainly encouraging signs from Tim and Ndiaye and I’m sort of holding on to that. Although if the defence isn’t sorted we’re going to get snotted by Villa.

Get Branthwaite back in and we're already better than last season. O'Brien, Mangala and Broja could make an impact as well.

Ten minutes of lunacy. And Dyche keeps on about experience but his experience like
AshleyYoung's translates into crass mistakes.

The Cherries were out of the match with ten to go and Ndaye and friends were running the show. So,
Mr Experience takes off the MOM and replaces him with a Dyche Favourite, changes the team structure
and lets the opposition muster enough energy to have a go.

My bet today is that Dyche keeps us up but is released at the end of the season. We need a fresh style for the
new stadium.

Quite right and the blame for that lies squarely is on Dyche's shoulders, Garner should have been on for Iroegbunam after 70 minutes, it was obvious that he was blowing for tugs,but the biggest howler of all was a taking off Calvert Lewin and Ndaiye, they had both been great at keeping hold of the football, if you keep possession, your opponents can't hurt you. It really was unacceptable from Dyche.

He’s not going anywhere. Going to get worse before it gets better.
He won’t be sacked under the current owner because we can’t afford the payoff
My only lingering hope is that we were boss for 70/80 mins and then Dyche messed it up
Why change it going into an international break
DCL and Ndaiye were running the show up top
If anything g bring on fresh legs in the middle
Hopefully he learns from his mistakes but I somehow doubt it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back