2024/25 Sean Dyche

100% he'll focus on penalty decision. And to some extent he's right.

1-1 straight after half time could change the game.

Ref gave the pen and can't see the replay, so the only legitimate thing to do is stick with original decision. That won't happen again this or any season.

What he won't admit is his own shortcomings - terrible pre-season, sucking any life/optimism out of the crowd by starting same players and leaving new signings on bench.

There's nothing new, no new patterns of play, things they've worked on we haven't seen before.

Quite frankly, we just don't have the quality of other teams. We are still missing Richarlison, Onana and Gordon. How we stayed up last season... I will never know. And our best player, Branthwaite, was of course out injured today.

This season.... we, as fans, will have to be the 12th man that we were last season when we hammered Newcastle and Chelsea at Goodison.

I don't want our first season in our magnificent new stadium to be in the lower leagues.
Did you say we miss Gordon and Onana?. 2 players that done absolutely nothing for us

I have in the past defended Dyche on the basis that what he achieved last year, with all the office pitch nonsense was truly impressive; however, todays defeat was totally on him.

Am trying to avoid the knee jerk reaction as this is only the first game, but he needs to learn and learn fast from that game.

Just looking at that team sheet we all knew we were in trouble, in fact, if I were Brighton I'd think I'd come away from that match having underachieved, even with a 0-3 win.

I'm not in the Dyche out camp yet, but things do need to change. That lineup can never be allowed to happen again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back