2024/25 Sean Dyche

Tried to tell anyone who'd listen all summer we're relegation fodder and we'd go to May again this season.

Trust me - Dyche or no Dyche, we're in the same boat.

Still, results business and if we don't pickup any in the next 2 then they've got to at least pretend to be interested about staying in the league.

Still, this;
People who have reduced expectations all last season and summer have a lot to answer for the situation we are in now.

How anyone can look at us tear Bournemouth apart for 85 minutes last game and then watch the manager throw a grenade into the team in the form of Doucoure and still make excuses for him is absolutely beyond me.

We are far better than we are at the minute and are being dragged down by Dyche false promise of mediocrity.

We have good enough players to be comfortably safe but his tactics allow teams to dominate, to dictate. Dyche tactic is to defend the box (not working is it) and hope we get the odd chance.

We had better players under a title winning manager in Benitez, and a young progressive manager in Lampard.

Still relegation fodder then.

A lot of our fans overrate this team big time.

Sickener that.

We are creating chances though.

I think we'll struggle for a while yet but go on a good run.

We'll beat S'ton I think, but Leicester will be tough.

Points needed badly now.

Fine margins today.

DCL misses a 1v1 and hits the bar

They scored a worldie

The difference in quality up top between the two sides settled it.

Dyche needs money to spend as what he has to work with just isn't cutting the mustard.

They are the better team. To be honest, I felt we were light at the back and really we are - we are weak at full back - so the last thing we need is three of our full back injured, felt we were destroyed there. We really miss Branthwaite as well, he can’t come back quick enough. We had chances today we didn’t take.

If I’m being critical of Dyche today, felt our approach was wrong, we got joy going directly at times - other times - we turned possession into 50/50 ball. Drove me mad, poor game management. Even at 2-0 up the players looked nervy, they’ve never been the strongest mentally, but I think we saw the impact of Bounmouth today, confidence is shot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back